roger

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 09:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:05 am
@dlowan,
She probably thinks this song is about her.
dlowan

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:32 am
@jespah,
Badabing!

"Clouds in her coiffure" is a keeper....
0 Replies

eoe

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:33 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

She probably thinks this song is about her.

clever, clever, clever.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 08:06 am
@Foxfyre,
Very true.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:55 am
Went to my doctor this morning for Take Two of my yearly physical. (Take One was disolved in tears.) I've lost four pounds since we last met two weeks ago, I said I was going to write a book called Super Fantastic Weight Loss through Severe Emotional Distress: A Primer. Doctor said most people in my circumstances eat like there is no tomorrow and gain like crazy. I said I had people on A2K watching every thing I eat. He made a note.

I said I find myself holding my arms in an odd way at street corners. The left hand grasps onto the right wrist while I wait for the light to change, it feels defensive, protective in some way.

The father will guide and guard his child.

I am not sleeping through the night. I have some music playing too loud in my head. I put on my zen player to the FM radio. I shut my eyes and seem never to doze off but when I do open my eyes, perhaps two hours have passed.

He made out a prescription. I told him I might not fill it, maybe just try not taking any liquids after seven pm. He said Hmm.

We talked some more. All my vitals are like great and good and terrific. There will be a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks, but only because it's about time for a geezer like me to get a re-look. (The last time the physician said my walls were as smooth as the Holland Tunnel's. Go ahead, try to get that image out of your head.)

Note on my door when I got home that there is package for me at the super's.
Yea!! Care package from out West.

Joe(Details to follow)Nation
High Seas

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 10:35 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

High Seas, I'll look at that NYer cartoon.. those are often very rich with piquance.

You'll find it faster if in addition to the cartoonist's name you also click "computers" in the search. It's so obvious that he adores dogs from his way of portraying them - here's one who "....went through the computer's trash bin and ate all the files":
http://www.cartoonstock.com/thumbnail/dre0333t.jpg
0 Replies

High Seas

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 10:39 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe - what kind of pills did he give you? I'm curious. Most importantly, did he seem worried about your weight loss? How about state of your morale?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:31 pm
Quote:
Re: Joe Nation(Post 3379123)
Joe,
if L decides after two to three months that living on her own isn't what it
was cut out to be, and she wants back - will you let her?

This is the excellent question.

(Wouldn't that be a good title for something? The Excellent Question or, if the plot was set in the sixteenth century, ~A Most Excellent Question Poised ~.)

The answer, even after only these few days, or perhaps because it has been only these few days, is no.

I think there has been too much damage.

I would never know if, three days after returning, she wouldn't call the movers again.

Joe(Besides the cats are getting settled and I am thinking about purchasing some art for the walls.)Nation

Izzie

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:35 pm
@Joe Nation,
Hey Joe (there's a nice place over on that wall for a new pic) Nation...

Good to see you posting... and hope you are managing a little sleep, even if it's broken sleep.

Hope you have good plans to keep you active... wear you out.. and maybe less push ups a?

Hugs to you

Iz (I've lost count now...)zie
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:37 pm
@Joe Nation,
Please remind your doctor that you are not most people.

Please.

Doesn't he know who you are? You are JoeNation! able to write sentences that make people pass ham sarnies through their right nostrils.

Can most people do that? I think not.

Silly doctor.
ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Ham sarnies up my nose, yeah.
devriesj

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Good thing I wasn't eating just now, or I might just've done that! We're behind you 100%, Joe(gotawaywithwords)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:20 pm
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5620/img072kk8.jpg
The better day to go to the beach was last Friday and that is when I went. Down to Penn Station, get the ticket, not ticketS which was weird, but okay and just as weird as making my own beach lunch of turkey and swiss sandwichs and nectarines and not even thinking about hitting the Burger King on the way to shore. The train lets you off four blocks from the water. I got there very early.

Wait..... this post was supposed to be about art.

How about this?

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3963/img050pf2.jpg

Before you vote, I must tell you I cannot have this work in my home because it on another wall.
This one:
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7742/img045xb8.jpg

Art is where you find it.

Joe(But only if you are looking for it)Nation
Joe Nation

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:34 pm
o. I forgot.
Even though I am just now finishing the citrus flavored nuts contained therein.

The Care Package arrived.

Details in the morning because I am eating the nuts accompanied by about three fingers of frozen Stolys.

Joe(there is fog here)Nation
ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
Photography of a photographer in front of 'art'? I'm all for that. What the hell is art, anyway?
0 Replies

Izzie

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:44 pm
@Joe Nation,
k - what's a Stoly??????????????????/
spikepipsqueak

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:47 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe, just to give more unsolicited advice than you really need ... in times of emotional stress you can be way short on magnesium and that will affect sleep patterns - as if the distress wasn't already doing that. Also, dare I suggest there are other releases for sexual tension than pushups?
0 Replies

mac11

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:55 pm
@Izzie,
http://chateaupetrogasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/stoli.jpeg
Good stuff.
Izzie

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 10:23 pm
@mac11,
Ahhhhhhhhhh.... k.... Joe (have a 4th finger of frozen Stoly's on me) Nation - and ENJOY....

hope you sleep.

x
0 Replies