A good cry on the train

Izzie

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:46 am
@Joe Nation,
Oh Joe... you have made me smile thismorning....

Iz (sixmillionthreehundredninetysixthousandandfortyseven)zie
BumbleBeeBoogie

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:42 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe, I posted a short story on this thread that I thought you might want to read - even write a story about the woman. http://able2know.org/topic/121307-1

I went to the home of the neighbor who retrieved Dolly's body from the back yard yesterday to thank her for her courage in helping me. She's an interesting woman. On the few occasions we've met, she always mentions "The Lord", that she is doing "the Lord's work." Being an atheist, it's not a subject I want to get into with a neighbor.

We were sitting in her living room with her two small dogs, talking. She started telling me about her life and how "The Lord" saved her. She said she works at home, sewing. I asked her what kind of sewing did she do? She replied, "I create costumes for the STRIP SHOWS and go around to the strip clubs to sell them."

I nearly fell out of my chair and had to leave before I couldn't hide the giggles that were trying to burst out of my throat.

Then she continued her amazing life story. I would tell you the rest of it, but then Joe from Chicago should write the story about her.

BBB
Eva

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:36 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I have the title for that story, BBB.

"Mysterious Ways"

('Tis true.)
0 Replies

McTag

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:53 pm
@Izzie,

Izzie, churlish to mention the maths, so I won't, but I worry about you.

Very Happy

Eva

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:46 pm
@McTag,
I worry about her too, McTag.

I think this might explain why she's having trouble walking. Laughing
0 Replies

High Seas

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:46 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I completely fail to see why BBB thinks that story is funny: her neighbor and the costumes she creates for the strip shows are perfectly suitable for "the Lord's work", as far as I can tell......
http://images.forplaycatalog.com/product_thumbnails/188107.jpg
.... though this model might be better for outdoors use:
http://images.forplaycatalog.com/product_thumbnails/558424.jpg
Joe Nation

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:04 am
Um....those costumes(!?!) are causing me, they are costing me, they are accosting me and, remember, urges = pushups, so I am one tired cowboy, boys.

Like the little crosses though.

L emailed me last night.
She is having trouble with the router. (It's a big pain in the ass to make work.) Yes. It is. Now she can work that out. heh.

She said "Ruby hid under the bed for two days but is now about back to normal."

I said "Funny, that's what I did."

The weekend is shaping up. I work Sat/Sun but Sunday night I'm taking the Weehauken Ferry across the river to have dinner with friends. The sunset lights up the whole city.

Joe(now hiding in plain sight.)Nation
edgarblythe

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 05:32 am
@High Seas,
I might've spent more time in church . . .
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 09:37 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
She is having trouble with the router. (It's a big pain in the ass to make work.) Yes. It is. Now she can work that out. heh.

She said "Ruby hid under the bed for two days but is now about back to normal."

I said "Funny, that's what I did."

Joe, I know you're still hurting, but I appreciate very much the fact that you just made me spit my coffee all over my laptop ... twice.

Tico(and they say the sense of humor is the first thing to go -- don't they?)Maya
ossobuco

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:12 pm
@Ticomaya,
It is a simple perverse pleasure to me that I now know a lot more about computers and the internet than my ex, who to be honest, did teach me Word Star back in the day.

Osso(and you all know I don't know that much but simple perverse pleasure is still pretty good)buco
High Seas

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
That post reminded me of one of the saddest New Yorker cartoons ever - darling doggie crying on floor because his owner's lap now only holds a computer:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/thumbnail/dre0337t.jpg

P.S. sorry for tiny pic, bigger pic (but not transferable) can be viewed here
http://www.cartoonstock.com/
set options to sort by name of artist, Dan Reynolds.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 06:25 pm
Quote:
Joe, I know you're still hurting, but I appreciate very much the fact that you just made me spit my coffee all over my laptop ... twice.

And Izzie writing a day ago about smiling over the three thousand push-ups

These posts mean the world to me.
I don't know how else to say it.
I like being funny.
I think the pain I am going through needs to be deal with with as much BWWWAHHHAHAHAH HA HA as possible. It's a nice break from the crying jags. Thanks, Tico/ Thanks Izzie/ Thanks all.

May I come up with just the right zinger for all of you soon.

This part should be titled:
I don't wish you no bad luck, baby

Just maybe just a little shitty
something to happen
Not really bad bad luck
but clouds in her coiffure,
clouds in her coiffure.
The thing is
I would try to take no notice,
but
I would smile at the passing angels.
O, I would.

Joe(she's trying to engage me in conversation. Now.)Nation
Rockhead

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 06:31 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe(a jogger)Nation

Might be time for the "gee, you chose the path of the bus, and I was asked to get off" conversation...

Sure sounds like the havin' and eatin' cake thing to me...

May your sense of humor always keep you safe.

dlowan

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 06:33 pm
@Joe Nation,
Lol! She's so vain, eh?

Sigh....
ossobuco

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 06:49 pm
@dlowan,
Dunno about vain, but sounds like there is some solipcism going on. Well, not to judge from afar, eh? Clamps typing fingers together..

High Seas, I'll look at that NYer cartoon.. those are often very rich with piquance.
ossobuco

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 06:50 pm
@Rockhead,
I don't know where I got this idea but I've had it for a long time.. that humor is perspective.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 07:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe,
if L decides after two to three months that living on her own isn't what it
was cut out to be, and she wants back - will you let her?
Foxfyre

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 07:31 pm
Within my extensive, inept, pitifully lacking, and almost certainly incompetent marital counseling experience, I have made one observation that I think is fairly predictable in 'amicable separations'. It is broken down thusly:

1) The dumper is normal, matter-of-fact, congenial, pleasant, and accommodating while the dumpee feels like crap.

2) After awhile, the dumpee begins to get it together and is beginning to see some positive sides to the situation.

3) The dumper begins to feel insecure and concerned that the dumpee isn't sufficiently mourning in sack cloth and ashes and isn't living a completely empty and miserable existance. S/he makes another run at the dumpee to ensure that s/he has not become irrelevant. It is a vanity thing, however, rather than any intention of reconciliation.

This is entirely different from contrite and sincere regret and true desire for reconciliation.

It is wise to recognize the difference between these two things.

Just my two cents worth and you might be entitled to a discount on that.

Meanwhile, Joe is one of a few people on this board who can make me laugh out loud. (I get strange looks sometime when I'm doing A2K stuff.)

spikepipsqueak

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 07:34 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yes, very good thing to have sorted in your head prior to the possibility, Joe.

I think women, much more than men, just take it for granted that the bond they shared all those years means that at least some friendship will survive the train wreck. I know I have.

But if her continued contact isan indicator of a possible change in thinking, getting blindsided by that would be like getting hit by the train a second time.

Have you faced this possibility? The mere idea has gotta sting.
0 Replies

margo

Thu 28 Aug, 2008 08:52 pm
Can't offer any sensible advice - but here listening for Joe.
0 Replies