Why Do We White People Dislike Michelle Obama?

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:35 pm
Foofie wrote:
glitterbag wrote:
I don't like labels, but I am an Irish American woman with red hair and blue eyes, and I admire Michele Obama.

If you do not like labels you need not use them. Also, are you really saying you are American of Irish descent with red hair and blue eyes?

This use of "hyphens" is really inaccurate, in my opinion. We are all American, with a specific, or multitude, of descents. I believe "ethnics" are doing a disservice to themselves by using the "hyphen," since WASPs do not use a hyphen. Why should any other American use a hyphen?

Also, Americans of Scottish descent also have a frequency of red hair and blue eyes. Perhaps, American of Celtic descent would have covered all bases?

I've got news for you Foofie, even some people in Spain are born with red hair. And yes, I am second generation, with red hair, blue eyes however I am not a WASP. Thank you for reminding me I don't need to use labels, but since the tone of this conversation is listing "Us White People", I choose to separate from the pack.....sometimes definitions are the only thing that can make a dent with some people.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:42 pm
mysteryman wrote:
snood wrote:
Well dude, if you read what I have written and get from it that I think all whites hate all blacks, then I really don't think whatever I write heretofore will make a diff.

Rock on.

What I have gotten from some of your posts is that you SEEM to be carrying a serious chip on your shoulder.
You have accused several people that disagree with you, including me, of being racist even when our disagreement is based solely on policy differences.

I am not saying you do that all the time, but if you were to reexamine all of your posts you would agree that you come across that way.

This is just flat sad. I am not a Snood expert, but I don't recall him ever stating such a thing, and I don't think he has a chip on his shoulder. Frankly, MM, when I read your stuff I am struck by the huge chip on your shoulder.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:49 pm
Lash wrote:
Frankly, if I were advising M Obama, I'd tell her to soften her eyebrows. She's got a mean Howard Dean thing happening... It could save the candidacy!!

<heh>

...and yes, Thomas, I admit the woman can speak intelligibly.
Evil or Very Mad

I think it is incredibly kind of you to entertain the notion that women can possibly be bright. How about your mom and grandmother, did they ever have anything to say that helped you out in life?

And as far as eyebrows go, why don't you leave that to the professionals, unless of course you wax eyebrows for a living. If you do, I bow to your expertise.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 08:22 pm
glitterbag wrote:
This is just flat sad. I am not a Snood expert, but ... I don't think he has a chip on his shoulder.

Then I am afraid, my dear, that you are not paying attention.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:22 pm
Tico - I only dislike about 4 people on this whole forum. I actually feel friendly toward the others...

You're projecting shyt...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:25 pm
snood wrote:
Tico - I only dislike about 4 people on this whole forum. I actually feel friendly toward the others...

Hmmm...I wonder who the other three are.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:27 pm
Isn't it getting close to that time to wish you a happy anniversary, Snood?

Seems to me I remember your wedding announcement being in the late summer.

How's married life?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:30 pm
Celebrated 1st anniversary 7 July - WOW! thanks for 'membering me, buttrfly!!

It was probably the best decision I've made in my adult life.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:41 pm
snood wrote:

That's an excellent day, my birthday too.

Hello everybody, I've never been on this thread before.
Mr Obama had a nice time in Berlin and London this week, and it was nice to see him here.
I hope we may see him back as President.

Mrs Obama would seem a bit of a misfit in the White House at first, but then so did Jaqueline Kennedy. She'd do more than change the drapes, I imagine.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:43 pm
snood wrote:

Happy anniversary Snood and Mrs. Snood!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:46 pm
McTag, she'd probably create a children's day care area for the WH workers and staff if there isn't already one there.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 01:17 am
Butrflynet wrote:
Isn't it getting close to that time to wish you a happy anniversary, Snood?

Seems to me I remember your wedding announcement being in the late summer.

How's married life?

With no cynical or sarcastic intent what-so-ever: Gosh you're sweet.

Liberals like you and sozobe keep alive the possibility that the flawed mind set is legitimate.

Very nice.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 05:28 am
Quote:
Liberals like you and sozobe keep alive the possibility that the flawed mind set is legitimate.

Don't you see how the dripping condescension inherent in statements like this do nothing to elevate the discussion, and in fact lower it considerably?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 08:06 am
From what I can see there is a lot of condescension on both sides of discussions on this foram.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 10:00 am
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:15 pm
snood wrote:

The issue was not whether you "feel friendly" towards members of this forum, was it? It pertained to the massive chip on your shoulder, didn't it?

Projecting my ass ...
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:20 pm
Well if you say you're projecting your ass, who are we to disagree?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:30 pm
I'd say that's pretty descriptive, username. Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:55 pm
snood wrote:
I'd say that's pretty descriptive, username. Laughing

Why must you always look at my ass, snood?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 01:05 pm
You're all ass.
0 Replies