Why Do We White People Dislike Michelle Obama?

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 01:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Owning small, private planes, and having the money
to fuel and upkeep them, is an elitist hobby.

Ha!

Left eye, you don't know what you are talking about!
I'm guessing that any hobby that requires an investment
and is not a hobby you participate in is an elitist hobby.

What a incredible dolt you are Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 01:54 pm
I spent a lot of money on my hobby in the 70's and 80's.... but no more. After a certain age cocaine becomes a health hazard.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:17 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I spent a lot of money on my hobby in the 70's and 80's.... but no more. After a certain age cocaine becomes a health hazard.

Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:24 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Owning a house and having equity in it makes you part of the elite?

Who knew????

Er... Me? Cyclo?

cjhsa wrote:
That kind of anti-American crap is what disinguishes the two of us, not some "elitism", real or imagined.

Screw you and the horse you rode in one. Who the eff is being anti-American, here? Personal property ownership is a privilege with which I'm quite pleased. I wish more people were able to take advantage of it.

cjhsa wrote:
If you don't like or cannot find opportunity here, perhaps you should try another country. Maybe you could be succesful in the UK, or France, or Russia. But I doubt it. I hear there's a shortage of men in Mexico. You could go there and be a gigolo.

Again, screw you and the horse you rode in one. The high one, upon which you look ridiculous.

Opportunity is great. But don't try to deny the fact that all of us here, with access to the Internet, have far more opportunities than most.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:27 pm
I will also point out for Cyclo that "being an elitist" and being wealthy are not synonymous.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:28 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I will also point out for Cyclo that "being an elitist" being wealthy are not synonymous.

Yeah, I know that. It isn't wealth that makes one an elitist; it is one's attitude.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 03:36 pm
Re: Why Do We White People Dislike Michelle Obama?
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Why Do We White People Dislike Michelle Obama?

In the latest NY Times/CBS News poll, I think one number has been over looked. Michelle Obama has a stunningly low approval rating with white people.

Only 24% of white Americans have a favorable view of her.

That's George Bush-like numbers. That's almost in Dick Cheney territory. I don't get it. What did she ever do to anybody?

"We White People", who are these people?

At least MO draws higher numbers than the Democratic party BO wants to lead.

Further more . . . who really cares if anyone likes or dislikes MO?
0 Replies

Tailbone

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 04:10 pm
Back to the topic......

Michelle Obama is perceived by many as an ungrateful, unpatriotic, malcontent. Though she has benefited greatly from affirmative action and her status as the wife of a rising political star, she refuses to acknowledge the "hand that feeds her" - choosing instead to assume credit for her "success in spite of the system" that offered her undeserved opportunities rather than because of that system.

She lacks the humility and grace that might endear her to the American public and displays only grudging resentment.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DineshDSouza/2008/06/30/michelle_obamas_inferiority_complex
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 05:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I wonder how he feels about white people's 20% approval rating of Cindy McCain...

Cycloptichorn

With her money, do you think Cindy cares about what people think of her?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 05:34 pm
Miller wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I wonder how he feels about white people's 20% approval rating of Cindy McCain...

Cycloptichorn

With her money, do you think Cindy cares about what people think of her?

Not one whit, and I doubt Johnny is too worried about it either; but that money is going to be successfully used against him this Fall, to show that he hasn't a clue what the lives of ordinary Americans are like.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 05:41 pm
I have no problems with Michelle.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 05:42 pm
I don't believe there is such thing as an "ordinary American".
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 07:16 pm
I have a nagging feeling that Michelle might have had to deal with catty white girls at all levels of her education. That can have an effect, if that was the case. In that scenario, I wonder if she would have been able "to dish it right back" as some city girls can?

If anyone has heard of Wendy Williams, I would prefer her persona to be the First Lady, if Obama got elected. Someone who says what they have on their mind, and race need not be the focal point.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 08:50 pm
Jeebus
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 07:34 am
snood wrote:
Jeebus

Can you give me an interpretation of, "Jeebus"? Being a northerner, I have no idea what "jeebus" connotes? Is it a reaction to my candor, or surprise at my possible insight?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 07:42 am
Foofie wrote:
I have a nagging feeling that Michelle might have had to deal with catty white girls at all levels of her education...

Prior to becoming an undergraduate at Yale, Michelle Obama attended Chicago Public Schools that were predominately ( if not 100%) black schools.

The first "catty" white girls Ms Obama may have encountered would have been at Yale, which she attended as an adult.

There certainly weren't catty girls in Michelle's black Chicago neighborhood in SouthShore, were there?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:02 am
Miller wrote:
Foofie wrote:
I have a nagging feeling that Michelle might have had to deal with catty white girls at all levels of her education...

Prior to becoming an undergraduate at Yale, Michelle Obama attended Chicago Public Schools that were predominately ( if not 100%) black schools.

The first "catty" white girls Ms Obama may have encountered would have been at Yale, which she attended as an adult.

There certainly weren't catty girls in Michelle's black Chicago neighborhood in SouthShore, were there?

Perhaps there were; however, "cattiness" might just look for the most sensitive issue to exploit. So, the cattiness from "wealthier" white girls might have been more hurtful.

Actually, I like Michelle Obama. She appears to be a good mother and wife; what else can one ask of her?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:03 am
Quote:
what else can one ask of her?

She needs to move her mother out of that bad neighborhood, the woman is living in Chicago.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:43 am
Miller wrote:
Quote:
what else can one ask of her?

She needs to move her mother out of that bad neighborhood, the woman is living in Chicago.

I did not know that neighborhoods can be "good" or "bad"?
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:55 am
Michelle Obama went to Princeton, not Yale. Her freshman year roommate was a white girl from the South. When her roommate's mom found out her daughter had a black roommate she marched into the housing office and demanded her daughter be moved. I think that if that happened to me it might make me just a little bit prickly.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/06/15/learning_to_be_michelle_obama/
0 Replies