Why Do We White People Dislike Michelle Obama?

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:03 am
No hobby worth having is cheap. You're usual bullshit is falling on ears that understand what kind of person you are.

Do you know that most planes are not owned by one person? I'm sure it didn't occur to you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:06 am
All these airline pilots must be elitist too.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:10 am
cjhsa wrote:
No hobby worth having is cheap. You're usual bullshit is falling on ears that understand what kind of person you are.

As I thought, you have no real answer.

The truth is that, factoring in all the costs, plane flight is a hobby which costs many thousands of dollars per year. Most 'regular' folk don't have twenty grand or more to blow on a hobby per year - and that's conservative.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:11 am
cjhsa wrote:
All these airline pilots must be elitist too.

I guess my dad is elitist also.
He not only has his pilots license, but he is also licensed to fly helicopters.
He has been doing both since 1964.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:12 am
I spend several grand a year on hunting. Another grand or two on golf.

I must be an elitist. Now, where's my elitist hat?

My suggestion Cyclo - get a job. That will make you an elitist.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:14 am
That's about the time I was at Rucker, MM.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:17 am
BBB
cjhsa wrote:

It appears gun sellers are getting richer.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:18 am
One of my best friends took his hard earned money and learned to fly. He loved it so much he sold his house in Santa Clara to get the "elistist" profit in order so that he and his new wife could buy their own plane, and move to Texas where it would be more affordable to own. He flew for Angel Flight as well, where he would pick up and return patients who couldn't get to the doctors they needed to see. I got to fly with him once, when I was in Texas for business.

He was the nicest guy you'd ever meet. A German, living in the states, the adoped home he loved.

He was killed last year in a motorcycle accident.

He was not an elitist.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:18 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

It appears gun sellers are getting richer.

BBB

As they should be.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:19 am
cjhsa wrote:
One of my best friends took his hard earned money and learned to fly. He loved it so much he sold his house in Santa Clara to get the "elistist" profit in order so that he and his new wife could buy their own plane, and move to Texas where it would be more affordable to own. He flew for Angel Flight as well, where he would pick up and return patients who couldn't get to the doctors they needed to see. I got to fly with him once, when I was in Texas for business.

He was the nicest guy you'd ever meet. A German, living in the states, the adoped home he loved.

He was killed last year in a motorcycle accident.

He was not an elitist.

If he owned a private plane, he had far more money to spend on a hobby then the average family does. The upkeep alone is many thousands of dollars per year, the gas is pretty expensive, the storage is too.

You are out of touch with the economic realities of modern American life if you think that sort of thing is at all common or available to normal folks...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:20 am
You are just sitting in poop, spinning.

You're a sad, sad person cyclo. You don't believe in prosperity. You don't believe in the American Way. You think that having money is a bad thing and that the wealthy should be forced to give up their money through taxation.

You're a piece of crap.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:22 am
roger wrote:

My dad was a marine pilot.
He trained to fly both fixed wing and helicopters.
He flew the Huey in Vietnam, and still flies one for the museum at March AFB in Ca.

He also has a small airplane he flies as a hobby, but since I know nothing about airplanes I have no idea what kind it is.

Cyclo said...

Quote:
The truth is that, factoring in all the costs, plane flight is a hobby which costs many thousands of dollars per year. Most 'regular' folk don't have twenty grand or more to blow on a hobby per year - and that's conservative.

Yet since she is one of the wealthiest women in Az having the money for her hobby is not a problem.
Or, are you now saying that she shouldnt be allowed to spend her money the way she wants?

cj,
I just spent $350 for the Callaway Hyper X Tour Driver.
I have played it twice and I love it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:24 am
mysteryman wrote:
roger wrote:

My dad was a marine pilot.
He trained to fly both fixed wing and helicopters.
He flew the Huey in Vietnam, and still flies one for the museum at March AFB in Ca.

He also has a small airplane he flies as a hobby, but since I know nothing about airplanes I have no idea what kind it is.

Cyclo said...

Quote:

Yet since she is one of the wealthiest women in Az having the money for her hobby is not a problem.
Or, are you now saying that she shouldnt be allowed to spend her money the way she wants?

cj,
I just spent $350 for the Callaway Hyper X Tour Driver.
I have played it twice and I love it.

NO, I am saying that those who wish to avoid charges of 'elitism,' something that they and others have leveled against the Obamas (whose net worth is somewhere around 50 times less then the McCain's) shouldn't glorify their expensive-ass hobbies.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:30 am
I love Callaway Golf equipment. I don't own any - I blow all my elitist cash on hunting gear! Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:33 am
cjhsa wrote:
I love Callaway Golf equipment. I don't own any - I blow all my elitist cash on hunting gear! Laughing

I have a set of clubs that my wife bought me a little over 4 years ago.
The whole set cost $300.
If you are looking for a good inexpensive set, I would recommend the "Golden Bear" clubs.

I now use Callaways almost exclusively, but I also have some irons made by Warrior Golf that are real good clubs, including a lob wedge that I live and die by.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:37 am
My uncle picked up a full set of Big Bertha graphite shafted woods and irons for $300, about 10 years ago. They were worth close to $1500 even at that time. I believe they are X-12's. He loves them. They helped him become the best player in his senior league.

I borrowed his 8-iron once, and flew the green of a 170-yard par 3. Those things are just monsters.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:45 am
cjhsa wrote:
My uncle picked up a full set of Big Bertha graphite shafted woods and irons for $300, about 10 years ago. They were worth close to $1500 even at that time. I believe they are X-12's. He loves them. They helped him become the best player in his senior league.

I borrowed his 8-iron once, and flew the green of a 170-yard par 3. Those things are just monsters.

I used my new driver last monday, playing in the league we have at work.
On a 515 yard par five I was on in 2.
My driver flew 321 yards, and no, I have never hit a driver that far.
I seriously doubt if I could ever do it again, but I wont complain if I can.

But we probably should stop talking about golf.
After all, you know how "elitist" we are and we "shouldn't glorify their expensive-ass hobbies" to quote Cyclo.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:52 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I wonder how he feels about white people's 20% approval rating of Cindy McCain...

Cycloptichorn

"Forty-two percent of voters viewed Barack Obama's wife unfavorably, compared with the 29 percent who viewed John McCain's wife unfavorably. Twenty-five percent viewed Michelle Obama very unfavorably, while just 10 percent viewed Cindy McCain very unfavorably."

"Among black voters, 86 percent saw Michelle Obama favorably, while just 5 percent saw her unfavorably. Among white voters, only 42 percent saw her favorably, while 48 percent saw her unfavorably.

Among black voters, 27 percent saw Cindy McCain favorably, while 48 percent saw her unfavorably. Among white voters, 53 percent saw her favorably, while 25 percent saw her unfavorably."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/11/michelle-obama-viewed-more-unfavorably-than-cindy-mccain-poll-finds/

You are wrong again!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 12:39 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Do you know that most planes are not owned by one person? I'm sure it didn't occur to you.

What you don't get, cjhsa, is that you are part of the elite. You are so much a part of the elite that you don't even notice it.

Which is not to say that you feel like you're part of the elite.

But you take such things as having an education, (and having access to education!), owning a car, owning a house, and having a living wage as things that are just there.

Your friend the pilot is part of the elite, because he had a house, with equity in it, and he could take that asset, change it into cash, move to Texas, and follow his dream.

Nobody is saying the elite don't work hard. Nobody is even saying that the elite haven't earned what they have.

But face up to facts and admit that not everyone is able to do that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 12:45 pm
Owning a house and having equity in it makes you part of the elite?

Who knew????

That kind of anti-American crap is what disinguishes the two of us, not some "elitism", real or imagined. If you don't like or cannot find opportunity here, perhaps you should try another country. Maybe you could be succesful in the UK, or France, or Russia. But I doubt it. I hear there's a shortage of men in Mexico. You could go there and be a gigolo.
0 Replies