Why Do We White People Dislike Michelle Obama?

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:41 am
I don't like Oprah, she's a racist and a gun grabber with armed bodyguards. She think's she's special... but the Constitution says otherwise.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:44 am
The constitution says Oprah isn't special?

Dang. I thought I was rusty and should read up on the constitution more, but now I'm certain.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
snood wrote:
The constitution says Oprah isn't special?

Dang. I thought I was rusty and should read up on the constitution more, but now I'm certain.

Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:54 am
Nice spin!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/politics/blog/bill_clinton.jpeg
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:54 am
snood wrote:
Quote:
I think snood is wildly oversimplifying once again to support his obvious general belief that all whites really hate all blacks.

I'm just sentimental enuf to hope that you'dve known me better than this by now. I certainly do not believe all whites really hate all blacks. Saying it is "obvious" is just inflammatory.

I certainly hope you dont believe it.
But judging by some of your posts it is difficult to really tell.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:20 am
Well dude, if you read what I have written and get from it that I think all whites hate all blacks, then I really don't think whatever I write heretofore will make a diff.

Rock on.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
snood wrote:
Well dude, if you read what I have written and get from it that I think all whites hate all blacks, then I really don't think whatever I write heretofore will make a diff.

Rock on.

What I have gotten from some of your posts is that you SEEM to be carrying a serious chip on your shoulder.
You have accused several people that disagree with you, including me, of being racist even when our disagreement is based solely on policy differences.

I am not saying you do that all the time, but if you were to reexamine all of your posts you would agree that you come across that way.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:35 am
snood wrote:
Quote:
I think snood is wildly oversimplifying once again to support his obvious general belief that all whites really hate all blacks.

I'm just sentimental enuf to hope that you'dve known me better than this by now. I certainly do not believe all whites really hate all blacks. Saying it is "obvious" is just inflammatory.

Well, I'm sorta sorry. Not trying to make you feel bad, but look at what you said-- from your statement, it appears (to me) that the only reason M Obama is disliked is because of her outspokenness coupled with her race. She is a three dimensional person, with strengths and faults--as are her critics.

It's too easy to throw everything at race.

But, I'm sorry. My statement was no better than yours. Cool
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:35 pm
snood wrote:

Rock on.

I do not get that at all.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:05 pm
Hmmm... okay. Let me rephrase. If you have read my posts and concluded that I believe all whites hate all blacks, then nothing else I post is really gonna change your mind.

Better?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:28 pm
I understood you before.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:58 pm
Oh. I guess I took "I don't get that at all", posted right under my last post, as meaning you didn't understand my last post. Shocked
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:26 pm
Lash wrote:
Try to accept this: Michelle Obama is prickly. Her first nature is not friendly or magnanimous or sweet. That's ok. Not everybody's is. I just think people should admit it and move on. Laughing

Okay, I'll admit it, but only if you admit she's articulate.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:38 pm
Let's see.

She's smart, she's beautiful, she's accomplished, she's (mostly) a good speaker, she's assertive, and designers (white ones even!) are clamouring to be on her short list. Gotta like her. I must be Turkish or something Rolling Eyes

I just wish she'd never said anything about the ears. I'm stuck on the ears now. Can't look at him without giggling. It's bad.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:59 am
BBB
The thing I like best about Michele Obama beside her intelligence, beauty, height, good lawyer, great mother and wife, is that she is authentic. Nothing phony about her. So refreshing.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:01 am
See Bill, BBB left a wide opening here but I am not taking it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:25 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Lash wrote:
Condi Rice, Toni Morrison, Whoopi Goldberg, Alice Walker, ...

(still going)

Whoopie Goldberg is detested by many on the right wing (read: white people), Condi detested by those on the left (mostly also white).

But aren't white women who wield similar political viewpoints with the same level of outspokenness also detested by the same demographic?

For example, I detest Nancy Pelosi -- it has nothing to do with the color of her skin.

I detest Linda Ronstadt when she's not singing -- Babs too. I love Whoopie when she isn't speaking about her politics.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:30 am
Did I miss another memo that I wasn't supposed to like Whoopi?

Dammit!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:47 am
Thomas wrote:
Lash wrote:
Try to accept this: Michelle Obama is prickly. Her first nature is not friendly or magnanimous or sweet. That's ok. Not everybody's is. I just think people should admit it and move on. Laughing

Okay, I'll admit it, but only if you admit she's articulate.

DAMMIT!!!

Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:52 am
Frankly, if I were advising M Obama, I'd tell her to soften her eyebrows. She's got a mean Howard Dean thing happening... It could save the candidacy!!

<heh>

...and yes, Thomas, I admit the woman can speak intelligibly.
Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies