Black Kids Called Monkeys, Obama Delegate Quits

DontTreadOnMe

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:12 pm
Chai wrote:
cyphercat wrote:
I am the Lorax, I speak for the whiteys.

It's true.
We white people send our children to cyphercat to learn how to think like a white person.

Here's proof positive. Do you see one person of color here?

well, the two of 'em look kinda florid. does that count ?
0 Replies

real life

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:17 pm
maporsche wrote:
Montana wrote:
Yes, but I wouldn't have singled anyone out in a question such as this one. There are several black people here on A2K and if I were to ask a question wanting to know what black people thought about something, I would have just asked all black people in general, without mentioning any names.

Well, next time I guess. Sorry.

So much for honest and open discussions of race, eh?

There was nothing wrong with your question, mp.

The fact that snood and teeny didn't answer is a little disappointing, but I'm not sure you would've gotten an unbiased answer anyway since this issue was about more than race.

The 'offender' is this case was an Obama delegate, and the campaign leaned on her to quit her post when the issue became public.

Since snood is an avid Obama supporter, he's got a vested interest in making his guy look good.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 05:57 am
This whole argument is actually moot.
The delegate in question has said she is NOT stepping down...

http://www.wbbm780.com/New:--Racist--Obama-Delegate-Not-Quitting-Over-Mon/1972587

Quote:
CARPENTERSVILLE, Ill. (WBBM) - A Carpentersville village trustee who got into hot water for a comment that some interpreted as racist says she is NOT resigning as a delegate for Barack Obama after all.

WBBM's Regine Schlesinger has the latest on the story.

Ben Labolt, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, says that, on Monday, Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski told the campaign she would step down as a delegate for the Senator at the Democratic National Convention.

That came after Carpentersville police issued Ramirez Sliwinski a $75 disorderly conduct ticket for calling some African-African neighborhood children "monkeys" as they were climbing a tree.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 05:58 am
Well, real life and maporsche,
I would just like to say (and I truly believe my words convey the quintessential African-American opinion, so you may take them to the bank)

Please feel free to kiss my black ass.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 06:25 am
snood wrote:
I would just like to say (and I truly believe my words convey the quintessential African-American opinion, so you may take them to the bank)

Rather unfortunate Snood, but not completely unexpected.

My initial comment regarding why you or teeny hadn't posted yet was not meant to be a snide remark like cypercat stated. It was merely an observation that I had suspected, but wanted to verify.

The observation is that both you and teeny (and others) will JUMP to accuse a person of racism (see Falwal, Robertson, Imus, etc).....but you are unable, or unwilling, to speak out against charges of racism when they are overblown (as they are here).

I was hoping that I was wrong and that you'd be able to post here that this accusation and this law that the lady was ticketed for was wrong and it shouldn't have happened.....but after several attempts to find out your thoughts you have failed to provide any.

Oh well.......

and by the way, I think your favorite quote of mine applies here as well.
[URL=http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3159250#3159250]Snood[/URL] wrote:
Your mindless sniping makes you irrelevant.
0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:03 am
mysteryman wrote:

I keep pointing that out, mm, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a dent...
0 Replies

real life

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:47 am
sozobe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

I keep pointing that out, mm, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a dent...

I think the larger and more important issue is free speech.

When did we accept the idea that one can be cited and fined for this type of speech?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:21 am
real life wrote:
sozobe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

I think the larger and more important issue is free speech.

When did we accept the idea that one can be cited and fined for this type of speech?

Who accepted that idea? Really, what F***ing planet do you live on?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:24 am
sozobe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

This was never an issue in the first place. It is a frigging delegate, folks, Just an ordinary individual citizen. She speaks for no one but herself.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:50 am
snood wrote:

wow, so you guys really do all know one another... I thought that was a myth...
0 Replies

snood

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 09:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:

No its true man. And they elected me spokesperson. And you can kiss my ass too.
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:07 am
mysteryman wrote:

http://www.wbbm780.com/New:--Racist--Obama-Delegate-Not-Quitting-Over-Mon/1972587

Quote:
CARPENTERSVILLE, Ill. (WBBM) - A Carpentersville village trustee who got into hot water for a comment that some interpreted as racist says she is NOT resigning as a delegate for Barack Obama after all.

WBBM's Regine Schlesinger has the latest on the story.

Ben Labolt, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, says that, on Monday, Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski told the campaign she would step down as a delegate for the Senator at the Democratic National Convention.

That came after Carpentersville police issued Ramirez Sliwinski a $75 disorderly conduct ticket for calling some African-African neighborhood children "monkeys" as they were climbing a tree.

I'm glad she's not stepping down. She did nothing wrong and I am shocked that she was ticked for this. We've been calling our kids monkeys forever and it has nothing to do with race. Kids like to climb things just like monkeys, which is the only reason why we refer to them as such.
0 Replies

rabel22

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:22 am
Has anyone here heard the term thin skinned. I believe the term applies here. Some of us only want to discuss what interests them and everything else is of no interest.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:43 am
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:

x off a spot so I'll know where to start.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:48 am
Isn't rimming just a little too left of center for you?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:50 am
BTW my new avatar shows an forearm holding apple. Does that give you feelngs of inadequacy?
0 Replies

snood

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:52 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:

Just jump in where you see the part that resembles you most.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:53 am
fruits don't intimidate me....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:54 am
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:

well that eliminates your vagina...

Just jump in where you see the part that resembles you most.
0 Replies