Black Kids Called Monkeys, Obama Delegate Quits

Rockhead

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:29 pm
The same African American that you attempt at every turn to belittle and bait...

You might rethink where you are playin...
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:30 pm
There was a monkey at the boys/girls club I ust to go too when I was a kid and he was a criminal. Every time someone got close to his cage, he would steal our gum, candy, or anything he could get his hands on Laughing

He sure was cute though.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:31 pm
Rockhead wrote:
The same African American that you attempt at every turn to belittle and bait...

You might rethink where you are playin...

Not at every turn.......

And not this time.....
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:33 pm
Maybe somebody else could ask Snood or teenyboone the question I'm asking, would that make it better?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:34 pm
maporsche wrote:

As a white person I'm sure we'd all agree that it is impossible for me to know how an African American sees America, especially with it's history of racism and the social injustices that still exist today (such as the disparity in jail sentences).

How else could I find out the POV of AA w/o asking them?

Problem is you asked two people, not "them".

I don't think I would accept your opinion on a public issue as necessarily representing the "white" point of view. Whites are a varied lot. The issue here is that so are black people... and everyone else, too. Humans have many traits, of which skin color is but one ... and it doesn't determine all the others.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:39 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
maporsche wrote:

As a white person I'm sure we'd all agree that it is impossible for me to know how an African American sees America, especially with it's history of racism and the social injustices that still exist today (such as the disparity in jail sentences).

Problem is you asked two people, not "them".

I don't think I would accept your opinion on a public issue as necessarily representing the "white" point of view. Whites are a varied lot. The issue here is that so are black people... and everyone else, too. Humans have many traits, of which skin color is but one ... and it doesn't determine all the others.

I didn't say "the" black point of view. I said "a" black point of view. I am very conscious that there is not one black point of view. Would Snood's point of view represent "A" black point of view? Would teenyboone's?

And I've said already, they are the only two people on this board who I've seen (or at least remembered) self-identify as being black.
0 Replies

nimh

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:41 pm
maporsche wrote:

Three times in two days??

That's crossing over from "hey, I'd like to hear a black person's opinion about this" into "hey you, you're the black guys here right?, so answer this question about race already."
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:46 pm
I agree! It's the fact that you singled them out.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:47 pm
nimh wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Three times in two days??

That's crossing over from "hey, I'd like to hear a black person's opinion about this" into "hey you, you're the black guys here right?, so answer this question about race already."

Well, I'm very curious, and the liklihood of getting a response to a question that has fallen 1 or 2 pages behind is pretty small.

I don't mean to sound pushy.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:47 pm
Montana wrote:
I agree! It's the fact that you singled them out.

Don't people ask questions directly to other members here ALL THE TIME?
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:55 pm
Yes, but I wouldn't have singled anyone out in a question such as this one. There are several black people here on A2K and if I were to ask a question wanting to know what black people thought about something, I would have just asked all black people in general, without mentioning any names.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:57 pm
Montana wrote:
Yes, but I wouldn't have singled anyone out in a question such as this one. There are several black people here on A2K and if I were to ask a question wanting to know what black people thought about something, I would have just asked all black people in general, without mentioning any names.

Well, next time I guess. Sorry.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:02 pm
Ahem! Speaking for all white people everywhere, as I am fully qualified to do, I can assure everyone here that we ALL think maporsche's original comment--

maporsche wrote:
I wonder why Snood or teenyboone haven't chimed in yet.......

...or did I miss them?

--was not actually an innocent expression of interest in the viewpoints of some black people! In reality, it was exactly what it sounded like, a snide remark intended to mean that if we're talkin' about race, these two loudmouths are sure to show up soon...

I can be certain of this, as I have the collective wisdom of my people behind me.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:05 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Ahem! Speaking for all white people everywhere, as I am fully qualified to do, I can assure everyone here that we ALL think maporsche's original comment--

maporsche wrote:
I wonder why Snood or teenyboone haven't chimed in yet.......

...or did I miss them?

--was not actually an innocent expression of interest in the viewpoints of some black people! In reality, it was exactly what it sounded like, a snide remark intended to mean that if we're talkin' about race, these two loudmouths are sure to show up soon...

I can be certain of this, as I have the collective wisdom of my people behind me.

Who are you to speak for ALL white people.
0 Replies

Chai

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:06 pm
who's teenyboone?

Is that Pat Boones sister?

oh yeah, listen to cyphercat. She's got her hand on the pulse of what white people in america are thinking.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:06 pm
I am the Lorax, I speak for the whiteys.
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:08 pm
Chai wrote:
who's teenyboone?

Is that Pat Boones sister?

Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:11 pm
cyphercat wrote:
I am the Lorax, I speak for the whiteys.

It's true.
We white people send our children to cyphercat to learn how to think like a white person.

Here's proof positive. Do you see one person of color here?

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/susan/lorax_cover.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 10:12 pm
I don't know, that one in the middle with the curly hair looks kinda psycho Shocked
0 Replies

Rockhead

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 10:16 pm
Ma of the Porsche...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEHdvUHxYCU&feature=related

Put the shovel away, and get some rest. We will all be here again tomorrow.

RH
0 Replies