Black Kids Called Monkeys, Obama Delegate Quits

Linkat

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:46 pm
Once at the grocery store, I called my little girl a munchkin - which I also call her often. Well, next to me was the woman who worked at the grocery store - a midget (or to be politically correct - a "little person"). She just smiled at me and my daughter and said, hey people call me that all the time.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:56 pm
I call my kids monkeys all the time. Now if she had called them porch monkeys... that'd be something entirely different. I'm still amazed that a person can get a ticket for saying something offensive. How are some radio talk show hosts not in bankruptcy if that's the case?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:05 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I call my kids monkeys all the time. Now if she had called them porch monkeys... that'd be something entirely different. I'm still amazed that a person can get a ticket for saying something offensive. How are some radio talk show hosts not in bankruptcy if that's the case?

mmm.. is michael powell still running the fcc? that would be an explaination.

how are ya freedy ?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:23 pm
Peachy, thanks for asking. Good to see you, dtom. How's life?
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:29 pm
I had not paid much attention to this thread, until i noticed that it was getting quite a few responses.

After all, it's a Dr. KaK thread, and we all know she is absolutely obsessed with dread that a capable black man who is a member of the Democratic Party will win high office.

But, seeing so many people had responded here, i thought i'd stop by and have a look. The very first thing which occurred to me is why the goofy b*tch didn't mind her own damned business. They weren't her children, and it wasn't her tree. She deserves any grief she suffers as a result.
0 Replies

au1929

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:55 pm
What could be more opffensive than the crap that Obama's friend and spritual adviser spouts. He should get a fist full of tickets to start with.
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:57 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
There is a club in Durham that is African American owned and operated and the large majority of their clientele is African American.

I dj and do a karaoke show there. It's a really nice bar and I enjoy working there but last night a young black woman who had a lot to drink started calling me Opie from the bar... hollering it out at every opportunity and wondering what Opie was doing there.

Since no one came to my defense, apologized to me or asked the girl to leave because of her blatant show of racial divisiveness.... I must only conclude that all black people are secret racists no matter how they present themselves. they showed their true colors. Words hurt you know.

Or, I just thought to myself "drunken bitch... there's one in every crowd", finished my show, collected my money had a drink after hours with the staff and came home like a goddam adult.

Jesus Christ everyone... grow the f*ck up.

Yaaay! Finally there's a BPB post again that I can say "right on" and "hell yeah" to.

What a bunch of idiocy. In this story I mean. The tyranny of tightarsedness strikes again.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:57 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Peachy, thanks for asking. Good to see you, dtom. How's life?

tis okay. my pop passed away in march, so i'm back in east tennessee wrapping up his affairs and clearing stuff out of the house.

been here a little over two weeks, with at least two more needed. ms. dtom, back in la la has voiced her concern that i might start liking it toooo much here.

an' she ain't too far off that i might. after all, driving is really, really a lot more fun here and i got the need for speed, ya know. Laughing

not ta mention that the fried chicken here actually tastes like... fried chicken !
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:59 pm
Setanta wrote:
....goofy b*tch didn't mind her own damned business. They weren't her children, and it wasn't her tree. She deserves any grief she suffers as a result.

see? no good deed goes unpunished.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 05:05 pm
Agreed with Bear, and glad to see DTOM.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 05:21 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Agreed with Bear, and glad to see DTOM.

ditto osso. hope yer well. paco seems bright eyed and bushy tai... oh, wait.. uhh. well bright eyed anyway. :wink:
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 06:07 pm
I wonder why Snood or teenyboone haven't chimed in yet.......

...or did I miss them?
0 Replies

snood

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:53 pm
maporsche wrote:

...or did I miss them?

Uh, maybe we didn't have anything to add to the monkey thread....

I'm sorry - are the black folks supposed to post on the threads that mention black people?

Mea culpa. Not up on the etiquette.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:04 pm
maporsche wrote:

...or did I miss them?

Shocked

Would it be too PC police of me to think that comment seems......pretty out of line?

I think I'm going to pop into every thread that relates to white dudes and say condescendingly "Oh ho, I suppose maporsche will be along any minute now, won't he?" .....and since ALL threads are about white guys, I've got a lot of posting to do.... :wink:
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:20 pm
I'm sorry if you think that it's offensive.

They have been praised by other posters on this board for bringing another point of view (the AA point of view) about race issues. I was simply curious what they thought of this particular race issue.

And since they (snood especially) have quite a fondness of the race-related threads, I was curious why he had not yet responded to this one.

I am honestly curious what black people think about these types of racial issues (or arguably, non-issues).
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:42 pm
cyphercat wrote:
maporsche wrote:

...or did I miss them?

Shocked

Would it be too PC police of me to think that comment seems......pretty out of line?

I think I'm going to pop into every thread that relates to white dudes and say condescendingly "Oh ho, I suppose maporsche will be along any minute now, won't he?" .....and since ALL threads are about white guys, I've got a lot of posting to do.... :wink:

I found it offensive but didn't bother to comment. I usually try to restrain myself from keeping the really idiotic thread active.

MA has some very odd attitudes for someone who claims to be a Hillsry supporter.
0 Replies

yitwail

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:55 pm
chiming in late as usual; i think it's deplorable that this woman was fined. on the other hand, she's not qualified to be an Obama delegate if she didn't know that monkey is not an appropriate term of reference to African-Americans.
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 11:57 pm
Gargamel wrote:
This just in...

The AP reports that, in the immediate wake of one online forum poster, alias "Miller," creating her 113th thread featuring a copied and pasted negative article about presidential hopeful Barack Obama, his rival, Hillary Clinton, has seen an unprecedented boost in support in Pennsylvania, where only yesterday polls should her lead slipping there.

I love Gargamel so much I could drink him all up.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 12:31 am
i begin to wonder if the woman woulda got away with something like;

"hey! get outta that tree ya l'il dumbass". Mr. Green
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 03:16 am
Quote:
On Saturday, two neighbor children were playing in the tree next-door to her house.

Ramirez-Sliwinski "came outside and told the children to quit playing in the tree like monkeys. The tree was not on Ramirez-Sliwinski's property," Carpentersville Police Commander Michael Kilbourne said.

Ramirez-Sliwinski admitted she used the word "monkeys," but said she did not intend racism. She said she was only trying to protect them from falling out of the tree.

"Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski said she saw the kids playing in the tree and didn't want them falling out of the tree and getting hurt. She said she calls her own grandchildren 'monkeys,' " Kilbourne said. The mother of one of the children did not see it that way, noting she and Ramirez-Sliwinski have clashed before.

If Ramirez was concerned about the safety of the children, why didn't she just say "quit playing in the tree before you fall and get hurt?" What does cautioning about "playing like monkeys" have to do with voicing concern for the safety of the kids? When she calls her own grandchildren "monkeys," ss she just voicing a caution about their safety?

If Ramirez was familiar enough with the kids to know they were two neighbor children, why didn't she just knock on the neighbor's door or phone her to alert the mother to her perceived danger to the children?

How did the mother of one of the children learn of the comment? Did she overhear it or did her kids complain to her about it?

How did the dispute escalate to the point of the police being called in to issue a ticket? What happened between the time of the mother becoming aware of the comment and the police being called?

What are the details of the prior history between the two women as alluded to in the article?

Was it her calling the kids "monkeys" that generated the issuance of the ticket or was it whatever happened between the two women in their dispute about it?

How did the issuance of the ticket escalate to a call from the Obama campaign and her being asked to resign as an Obama delegate? Was it someone on the campaign staff or a volunteer? How did the Obama campaign find out about it to get involved in it?
0 Replies