Best Presidential Candidate for the job ??

real life

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:04 pm
Kinda disappointing. I was hoping for a semi-serious response.

Since apparently NO recent President has handled terrorism the way you think he should have, I'd love to hear what you would have done and what you would now do.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:11 pm
My point was that your post bashing Clinton's record on terror is idiotic, since no president has actually succeeded in the fight against terrorism. Or have they? How was Reagan on terror? Bush I? Bush II?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:26 pm
Kicky is right that Clinton's record on fighting terrorism isn't really any worse than Carters or Reagans or Bush 41's. Clinton just did a lot more stuff that looked a lot more stupid dealing with it - like bombing the aspirin factory in Sudan.

Considering that terrorists have targeted us more persistently in recent years, Bush 43's record on protecting us from terrorists has been pretty darn good.

So the question presented in the thread, who will do the best job in the next administration? Given that Obama and Clinton have said everything Bush 43 has done is wrong, I have to think McCain probably has the best handle on that.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 02:00 pm
Who ever is elected president needs to change our ROEs and go after the enemy and eliminate the threat.

Not just in the ongoing battles for Iraq and Afghanistan, we need to go after the enemy and eliminate the threat globally.

The threat is real and I want a president that is willing to do what it takes to protect our way of life here in the states and support our interest abroad.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 02:23 pm
kickycan wrote:
My point was that your post bashing Clinton's record on terror is idiotic, since no president has actually succeeded in the fight against terrorism. Or have they? How was Reagan on terror? Bush I? Bush II?

Carter was helpless when our embassy was seized.

Reagan was fairly effective in dealing with Qaddafi.

Bush Jr has systematically taken down the Taliban, Saddam, and most of the leadership of al Qaeda.

Clinton chased skirts and sent Sandy Burglar in to cover his tracks. During his tenure we had a consistent increase in terrorism -- WTC attack 1 in 1993, bombing of 2 US embassies in Africa, bombing of Khobar towers, attack on USS Cole, downing of TWA 800......and Clinton..........oh yeah he chased skirts.

Soon, Carter is going to help out tremendously by meeting with Hamas, though. You can always count on the Dems, man. Stick with a winner.

'Present' Obama had this to say about this tough issue.

Quote:
By Caren Bohan

INDIANAPOLIS (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said on Friday it was not his place to criticize former President Jimmy Carter if he were to meet with Hamas, although Obama said he would not meet with the militant Palestinian group.

Hamas says the meeting will take place but Carter has not provided any details of whom he plans to meet during his nine-day trip to the Middle East, which begins on Sunday. The Bush administration and close U.S. ally Israel oppose the meeting.

"I'm not going to comment on former President Carter. He's a private citizen. It's not my place to discuss who he shouldn't meet with," Obama told reporters while campaigning in Indianapolis.
from http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1117477020080411
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 03:16 pm
real life wrote:

LOL Reagan??? Are we talking about the same Reagan who cut and ran and DID NOTHING when over 200 MArines were killed? Oh excuse me, he invaded Grenada!

Quote:
Bush Jr has systematically taken down the Taliban, Saddam, and most of the leadership of al Qaeda.

What planet did he do this on?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 05:03 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

LOL Reagan??? Are we talking about the same Reagan who cut and ran and DID NOTHING when over 200 MArines were killed? Oh excuse me, he invaded Grenada!

Quote:

You apparently have forgotten the USAF bombing raid on Libya, after Quaddafi attacked a US destroyer in the gulf of Sidra.
After that, Quaddafi kept his head down and his mouth shut.
As for the bombing of the USMC barracks in Lebanon, you are correct.
EVERY marine I know wanted to turn Lebanon upside down and shake it till we found who was responsible.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 05:41 am
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

Quote:

You apparently have forgotten the USAF bombing raid on Libya, after Quaddafi attacked a US destroyer in the gulf of Sidra.
After that, Quaddafi kept his head down and his mouth shut.

EVERY marine I know wanted to turn Lebanon upside down and shake it till we found who was responsible.

Quit using logic & facts, it only confuses them.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 06:00 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

Don't get out much, do you?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:57 am
real life wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

LOL I get out a lot and so do you. Of your mind.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:01 am
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:06 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

Quote:

After that, Quaddafi kept his head down and his mouth shut.[/b]

Quit using logic & facts, it only confuses them.

I guess "water on the breain" didn't notice that MM admitted I was correct and BTW I hadn't forgotten anything,I didn't dispute Reagan's response to Libya.

Facts: Wikepedia

U.S. President Ronald Reagan called the attack a "despicable act" and pledged to keep a military force in Lebanon. Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger, who had privately advised the administration against ever having stationed U.S. Marines in Lebanon,[9] said there would be no change in the U.S.'s Lebanon policy. On October 24 French President François Mitterrand visited the French bomb site. It was not an official visit, and he only stayed for a few hours, but he did declare: "We will stay." U.S. Vice President George Bush toured the Marine bombing site on October 26 and said the U.S. "would not be cowed by terrorists."

In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an air strike in the Beqaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions. President Reagan assembled his national security team and planned to target the Sheik Abdullah barracks in Baalbek, Lebanon, which housed Iranian Revolutionary Guards believed to be training Hezbollah fighters.[10] Defense Secretary Weinberger lobbied successfully against the mission, because he was not certain that Iran was to blame for the attacks.[9]

Besides a few shellings, there was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was in response to Syrian missile attacks on planes, not the barracks bombing.

In the meantime, the attack gave a boost to the growth of the Shi'ite organization Hezbollah.
Hezbollah denied involvement in the attacks but was seen by Lebanese as involved nonetheless as it praised the "two martyr mujahidin" who "set out to inflict upon the U.S. Administration an utter defeat not experienced since Vietnam ..."[11] Hezbollah was now seen by many as "the spearhead of the sacred Muslim struggle against foreign occupation".
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:09 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

LOL I get out a lot and so do you. Of your mind.

Would you like to present evidence that my statement is false?

Is the Taliban still in power in Afghanistan?

Is Saddam still filling mass graves with the bodies of his political enemies for you to ignore?

Are the al Qaeda leaders that have died actually still alive?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:18 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

I guess realo life really is an illiterate/
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:57 am
Where does this article say that the Taliban run the Afghan govt as they did previously?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:58 am
who is realo life?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:40 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
who is realo life?

You should be looking for a therapist, not typos.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:59 am
Obama ??
Shocked Question How is Obama the best Presidential candidate to protect this country and our allies against Islamic
fascist and Islamic terrorism, what makes him some much more qualified than the other two candidates ???
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:02 am
The best candidate to be the president of USA is not yet born.
Among the three Obama is a candidate to try.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:02 am
How many Islamofascists can fit on the head of a pin?
0 Replies