Best Presidential Candidate for the job ??

Jonsey

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 11:24 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Maybe he pulled a Hillary and just miss spoke.

mixing up the Sunnis and the Shi'ites is a pretty big deal. once is excusable.. multiple times?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:47 pm
McCain evidently has no plans to improve the country's horrible health care situation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:52 pm
Who is Miss Spoke, and what has she to do with either Iraq, or the presidential campaign?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
Who is Miss Spoke?

Why it's none other than your girl Hillary.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:35 pm
Advocate wrote:
...the country's horrible health care situation.

Are you lacking health care?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:36 pm
Hillary is no girl of mine . . . she looks like something a conservative gun-nut dragged in . . . of course, if the choice were Clinton or McBush, i'd hold my nose and vote for her . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
Hillary is no girl of mine . . . she looks like something a conservative gun-nut dragged in . . . of course, if the choice were Clinton or McBush, i'd hold my nose and vote for her . . .
well yeah.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 03:40 pm
Some things are obvious, ain't they?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
if the choice were Clinton or McBush,

Who is McBush?
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:34 pm
You might not want another Republican, and/or you might want a Democrat, or what Hillary and Barack stand for and all that - but just one of the three has the right stuff and damn well you all know it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:45 pm
Setanta wrote:
Who is Miss Spoke, and what has she to do with either Iraq, or the presidential campaign?

She is Mr Wheel's girlfriend.
0 Replies

Kitten with a Whip

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:49 pm
Asherman wrote:
H2O,

I tend to like RIM

TMI
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:25 am
hanno wrote:
You might not want another Republican, and/or you might want a Democrat, or what Hillary and Barack stand for and all that - but just one of the three has the right stuff and damn well you all know it.

Bullshit, McCain is a liar (after all, all politicians are), and he is also a world-class flip-flop artist. Don't try to feed us any "right stuff" bullshit, 'cause he has no qualifications for the job--he'd be Bush, Jr., if it weren't for his age. And you don't need to try to tell other people what they "know."

What a crock . . . i'm gonna change into brown shoes, with all the sh!t that's floatin' in this room.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:35 am
I think this thread is working out very well Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 07:14 am
I agree . . . i'd say my work was well done.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 07:38 am
Who is the best Presidential candidate to protect this country
and our allies against Islamic fascist and Islamic terrorism ??
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 07:42 am
Your mama . . .
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 07:46 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Advocate wrote:
...the country's horrible health care situation.

Are you lacking health care?

I see you are into anecdotes. Well, I do not lack health-care coverage. However, one in three in the nation do.

"McBush," that is a great name for him. I think I will steal it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 08:15 am
Islamo-fascist Awareness Week

And we missed out!

Quote:
Have a Holly Jolly Islamo-fascism Awareness Week (it's the best time of the year...)

Shame on you, David Horowitz, for not telling us Kossacks that it's Islamo-fascism Awareness Week. It's like Christmas, Easter and Valentine's Day all rolled into one...if those holidays were grounded in fear, paranoia and a total lack of awareness of America's role in fostering the helplessness and desperation that so many young people feel in the Middle East. But at least they all have one thing in common: Chocolate Chocolate CHOCOLATE!

Fortunately, you can still take part in many of the exciting Islamo-fascism Awareness Week activities. Here are a few things you can do to properly observe it:

>> Put up your Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week decorations. Heck, you may still have them up from last October's Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week festivities. (Where does the time go?) Don't forget the piƱatas!

>> Go to the mall and taking advantage of all the Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week sales. The White Sale at Macy's is FAB-O.

>> Tonight CBS is running its beloved specials: How the Grinch Stole Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week and The Walton's Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week Miracle. (Have fun in Gitmo, Baldwin sisters!)

>> Gather the family in the living room for the Oiling of the Guns.

>> Exercise your imagination by hating and seething. Three sets, 12 reps each. To get the maximum effect on your body, spend 60 seconds between sets irrationally terrorizing yourself with scary thoughts of dirty A-rabs lurking outside your door with those huge swords like they used in the movie Aladdin. Gradually increase the intensity of your paranoia and you'll be a VIP at the cardiac wing of your local hospital in no time!

>> Spend some quiet time alone re-convincing yourself that the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 came from Iraq, that they were actually "fascists," and that thoughtful analysis of complex issues is overrated.

>> Be aware of the Islamo-fascists around you. Stay late at work so you can rifle through your coworkers' desks after they've left. Double-check the validity of your spouse's Social Security number and birth certificate. Check your neighbor's garbage for any unusual items (fuses, secret blueprints, food scraps that look Middle-eastern, Islamo-fascist party napkins). Take photos of anything strange and call the proper authorities. If they don't arrive within five minutes, take matters into your own hands.

Above all, spread the spirit of the season by greeting everyone you meet today with a hearty, "Merry Islamo-fascism Awareness Week, sir or madam!" But whatever you do, don't say "Happy holidays" or you'll be aiding the secular-progressives who are trying to ruin the season for us red-blooded God-fearing patriots.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:14 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Who is the best Presidential candidate to protect this country
and our allies against Islamic fascist and Islamic terrorism ??

I honestly don't know. Among the Obama, Clinton, or McCain, hands down it would be McCain. Is he better than any 'other' on this particular issue? That's quite difficult to say. As much as President Bush has been criticized and much maligned, even by me on some issues, he has done a pretty good job on national security given that attacks on Americans have been restricted to Afghanistan and Iraq since 9/11. That's a far sight better track record than Reagan, Bush 41, or Clinton can claim, but then 9/11 provided the national political will for Bush 43 to accomplish that.

So. . . .should McCain essentially follow and/or build on W's game plan on fighting terrorism, he could probably do a lot worse. Could somebody else be even better? That's possible of course.

My main concern is McCain's notion of closing down GITMO and similar operations and bringing terrorists here where they will have full legal rights under the U.S. Constitution. I'm not sure that is a prudent decision though I am willing to be convinced. I think policies weakening our ability to deal with terrorism would almost certainly occur in an Obama or H Clinton administration.

Would Obama or Clinton be likely to do so? I have not been convinced that they would.
0 Replies