Best Presidential Candidate for the job ??

George

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:49 am
Betcha H20_Man continues to say "Islamofascism".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:49 am
There can be no doubt that there are murderous radical muslim terrorists, and that dealing effectively with them is an important task.

It is dubious, however, to claim that this is the sole criterion for electing a president, and the claim, coupled with propagandistic bromides as opposed to realistic assessments, is fraught with subjective judgments about what constitutes the problem and how to deal with it.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:16 pm
Who is the best Presidential candidate to protect this country
and our allies against Islamic fascist and Islamic terrorism ??
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 04:04 pm
Setanta wrote:
There can be no doubt that there are murderous radical muslim terrorists, and that dealing effectively with them is an important task.

It is dubious, however, to claim that this is the sole criterion for electing a president, and the claim, coupled with propagandistic bromides as opposed to realistic assessments, is fraught with subjective judgments about what constitutes the problem and how to deal with it.

I haven't heard him say that that should be the sole criterion used for electing a president. He's merely asking which one would be better at it.

Sort of like asking "Who is the best Presidential candidate to stop global warming??

Unless I missed something...which is entirely possible.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 04:23 pm
I think it's kind of like if your question was phrased as "Who would be the best president to stand up to the 'Global warming' alarmists?"

The phrasing itself begs a few questions.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 04:31 pm
maporsche wrote:
Setanta wrote:

I haven't heard him say that that should be the sole criterion used for electing a president. He's merely asking which one would be better at it.

Sort of like asking "Who is the best Presidential candidate to stop global warming??

Thank you for pointing that out Very Happy

And no, you didn't miss anything.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 04:42 pm
sozobe wrote:
I think it's kind of like if your question was phrased as "Who would be the best president to stand up to the 'Global warming' alarmists?"

I agree. There is no secret where H2O wants to take this conversation.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 05:09 pm
maporsche wrote:
sozobe wrote:

I agree. There is no secret where H2O wants to take this conversation.

There is no secret.

The conversation I wanted was restricted to choosing the best
candidate for the job of fighting the current and future threats.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 05:47 pm
John McCain is so wrong on Iraq, he can't even get the basic facts about the situation on the ground correct.

Today, as he was questioning Gen. David Petraeus, he again confused the difference between Shiite and Sunni Muslims.

At least five times as a candidate John McCain has stated that Iran (a Shiite nation) is supporting Al-Qaeda (a Sunni group) in Iraq. This is not some minor mistake, but a significant gaffe. He clearly does not understand the sensitive political dynamics in that region of the world.

What's worse is that he's done it at important times when you'd expect him to be at his best -- he did it today in the Senate while questioning the commander of American forces in Iraq, and he did it on a recent trip to the Middle East.

If John McCain can't remember such a simple fact at crucial times, how will he be able to do it as President?

--DNC
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 06:06 pm
Obama and/or Hillary, of course. At least they'll get us out of Iraq if they can. McCain won't. More death. More old ideas. More of the same bullshit that got us in this desert paradise we call Iraq in the first place. That's what he represents to me.

I think Obama will try a different route. Maybe it will all be a colossal failure too, just like the last seven years have been. But maybe it won't be. Maybe going away from the stupid ideas that got us into this fun little all-expense-paid (by we the people, of course) vacation called Iraq would help.

Striving towards getting us out of Iraq is the way to go, as far as I'm concerned. That will help us fight terrorism. It's a step in the right direction, anyway.

But if I were you, H20, I'd vote for McCain. He's the man to do the job you want done. Plus, he's a hot-headed lunatic, which is always fun to watch.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 06:10 pm
The best candidate is, bar none

ROUX PAUL.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 06:13 pm
Money flows.
People are there standing without shelter
for a simple soup.
Change is the word.
Dream prevails.( a nighmare DREAM)
Death levels.

"Facts do not cease to exist
because they are ignored"---Aldous Huxley.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 05:44 am
My vote cancels your vote-MArk TWain
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:36 am
Advocate wrote:

If John McCain can't remember such a simple fact at crucial times, how will he be able to do it as President?

--DNC

Maybe he pulled a Hillary and just miss spoke.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:38 am
kickycan wrote:
Obama and/or Hillary, of course. At least they'll get us out of Iraq if they can.

They have no "plan" to get out of Iraq, it's just campaign talk for the dumbmasses.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:59 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Obama and/or Hillary, of course. At least they'll get us out of Iraq if they can.

They have no "plan" to get out of Iraq, it's just campaign talk for the dumbmasses.

Getting out is not very complicated. Just gradually get the hell out.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:28 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
kickycan wrote:

They have set that as their goal, according to everything they have said so far. McCain has the opposite goal, according to everything he has said so far.

But assuming that all democrats are insidious cartoon supervillains, as they seem to be in your tiny little world, what diabolic plan do you think they're really hatching?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:31 am
maporsche wrote:

Read the thread title again, Sunshine . . . the thread title asks who is the best Presidential candidate for the job, and as President is the only job referred to in the thread title, the inference is obvious.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:33 am
kickycan wrote:
But assuming that all democrats are insidious cartoon supervillains, as they seem to be in your tiny little world, what diabolic plan do you think they're really hatching?

The answer to that one could be truly hilarious.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 11:15 am
Setanta wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Read the thread title again, Sunshine . . . the thread title asks who is the best Presidential candidate for the job, and as President is the only job referred to in the thread title, the inference is obvious.

Wrong again Moonbeam . . . that inference is only obvious in your closed mind.
0 Replies