Is this a good move?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:10 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
I would think your best bet is a premium quality thank you card, with no more than three lines written thanking her for what she did for you, a complement, and asking to buy her a drink. If she bites then you can get some face time and learn enough about her to lie to (seduce) her.

I agree with hawkeye, except I might watch the complement. But I'm now about eight pages behind posts.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:18 pm
Chai wrote:
I dunno...

I don't see anything wrong with a little embellishment to get the ball rolling.

I don't know about that exact story kicky, since if she was related to your fictitious cousin, she'd be related to you too.

I don't see it as a lie, just as playing the game of love. I certainly wouldn't lose respect for you over it.

A man I was in love with for a long time confessed something to me years after we met. He (I'll call him John) thought I was cute and wanted to ask me out, but couldn't figure out how. This other guy, Jim, who was interested also had asked me for my phone # and I'd given it to him.

John saw my name and phone # on Jims table, and put it in his pocket. Later, Jim asked if he had seen that piece of paper and John said "WHAT? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS ACCUSING ME OF STEALING YOUR STUFF? JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF ANYTHING DOESN'T MEAN IT'S MY PROBLEM. NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I KICK YOUR ASS!!!"

Then John called me, asked me out, and the rest is history.

When John told me, I felt flattered he had stolen my number because he wanted to win me from this other guy.

and no...he didn't yell all that. He just played stupid and said he didn't know.

If I got a thank you card, thanking me for the interview, and saying let me buy you a drink, I don't think I'd be that happy about it.

It's making too many assumptions, that I drink, that I'm available, that I like mixing business with pleasure, i.e. killing 2 birds with one stone by thanking me for considering me for a job, and, in any case, let's get jiggy? It's also putting a burden on her. Now she's got to respond to this direct invitation....answering a generalized "are you related to" is an ice breaker.

Sending a message that puts the business part out of it is saying you are thinking of her outside the profession she's in.

Yeah, it's an ice breaker....I don't think it's any different than showing polite interest in something your object of interest is talking about in, let's say a group, talking about mexican restaurants. I mean you don't have to say you LOVE mexican food when you don't really care for it, but you could say you like some of their dishes. You don't have to be so truthful to say you HATE mexican, if she's saying she doesn't eat it all the time, but she likes it.

Does that make sense kicky?

emailing her something not strictly true is showing interest, and someday when you tell her you made that up to get her where you wanted her, she's squeal and say "you BAD boy!"

I'm on page 4 now.

This post of Chai made sense...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:21 pm
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Hey, GW, I realize you have no interest in a couple of old decrepit has-beens like Gus and I anymore, but what say you about my idea for how to insinuate myself into this beautiful director of human resources' life? Got any suggestions?

I actually do. I agree with the other women - don't lie, we always know. The problem is it might look like you are sucking up to someone who is a power position, or you might seem like a stalker by asking her out.

How about calling her after you get a new job? That way there is no conflict of interest. Call and tell her that you started a new job, you remember having a nice time talking to her at your interview, and ask her if she would like to meet you for a drink/coffee to see if you have as much in common as you thought at your first meeting.

First Date tip: don't ask her to hold your penis.

Moving right along, I agree with this too.........
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:24 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I feel as if my life is an open book.

Oh, right.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:35 pm
I am always for honest, or at least since a certain time when I got irritated at anybody lying and me too, I've worked at stopping. But there is no need to slop over the email. You are in a job you like (oh, never mind, you like it sometimes) and think that you could now ask her to coffee or lunch without being taken as a jobseeker. She probably won't remember you. So saying you liked her and maybe just a coffee might work. Assuming you won't seek employment through her in the future..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:39 pm
Now that we have devoted 103 posts to your thread Kicky, I for one feel entitled to a complete report, with footnotes, on how your attempt to get this date goes down.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:49 pm
The bad news is, Kicky is a lame reporter. Once in a while a post or two.

I still await a report of the italy trip.

Talk about a lot of support for no report. (Tia Gioella huffs, fixes her black scarf). Tosses in nag...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:05 pm
Yeah, Kicky is lame.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:38 pm
Don't lie, we always know....

Yeah, I'd say that's true, but, this isn't telling a lie that you aren't sleeping with someone else, or live an international life of intrique after he drops you off.

It's, like I said, all in the game.

Let's say I realized kicky was making up some story to get the chance to talk to me.

Well, I'd be flattered a little. I'd be thinking that the poor dear is trying to figure out a way to get close to me. He doesn't know much about me, and doesn't want to come up and say the truth because he's afraid he'll get nervous and it would come out...."Ug....you..and me....me like" I'd appreciate he's trying to puff his feathers for me a little.

It's really tough on guys sometimes.

They're expected to be all upfront and honest, walk right up to the girl and suavely make his desires known, but at the same time, being respectful.
It's not as easy as it looks. It's easy to type words here about what a guy should say, and how he should do it. But, when you're standing there and the phones ringing, or, she looks up at you when you try to start this sensitive, intelligent conversation, I think it's easy to to mess up. When you mess up a little, you get nervous, and mess up more, and she ends up looking at you like a pervert, or a retard.

When you go to a fine restaurant, most of your enjoyment comes from the lie, not the hunk of meat slapped on the plate.

Look at Kicky go! He's puffing up his plumage and striding forward toward the HR Department!

http://www.michaelforsberg.com/gallery/images/092.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:59 pm
I guess part of what Kicky could learn from this thread is that what works with one woman most definitely won't work with another.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 11:10 pm
Nothing cute about gaming... take that act to town and keep going.

All you know from that is the guy has an act worked out.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 11:34 pm
Mame wrote:
I wouldn't say "I hope I'm not bothering you" - it doesn't sound very assertive for someone who's going to ask someone else out on a date.

I'd say something like:

Roberta, this is Kickycan. I met you (the other day) when I was interviewing for the position of (blah blah). Could you please call me at 123-4567 when you have a few moments?

Thank you.

And then when she calls, say something like:

"Hi Roberta. (generalities, generalities) I was wondering if you'd like to go to ___ with me. I have tickets and I thought we could do dinner, as well."

Or:

"Hi Roberta. (generalities, generalities). I know this great little restaurant near your office and I wondered if you'd like to have dinner with me one night next week."

huh? I was just reading along. Now all of a sudden I'm in the show.

BTW, I wouldn't like the white lie. First of all, it's a lie. Second of all, it leads nowhere. Tickets and dinner--too much. Dinner or a drink, better. But reaching her is the challenge.

Suggestion: Try calling a little after five. Her assistant will probably be gone. She might still be there. And she might pick up the phone.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 01:47 pm
Mebbe kicky could call you to practice?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 02:54 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Mebbe kicky could call you to practice?

Porque no? Similar challenge. Getting me to answer the phone. You can attest to that, can't you, Bethie?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 06:40 pm
ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 06:43 pm
Do you reckon he's gonna let us know? Confused
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 01:22 pm
I will let you all know if and when I finally decide to waste my time trying this. It's kinda busy today at work, so I doubt it will be today.

Stupid jobs always getting in the way of my good time...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 01:24 pm
Hey Kicky

Wonderin' where you'd been. Darn jobs a?

Keep us posted....

hey, be big and brave...

Anything Is Possible Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 01:57 pm
kickycan wrote:
P.S. I would not be interested in an f-buddy situation here. This girl is my dream girl and I want nothing less than true and everlasting love.

Isn't this like, dream girl number 4?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:04 pm
don't be dissing my boy kicky.

we all have dreams.
0 Replies