Now going mad

Black tulip

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:09 pm
Yep Noddy brick by brick X
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:21 pm
Black tulip--

Brick by brick--a dreary formula which takes ages to work. Brick by brick.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:28 pm
Just don't take those bricks in the row boat.
Glad to hear your getting by. I do not say this next line lightly. You are a true inspiration.
You mentioned gardening. By chance do you grow vegetables? I'm a big gardener. Tons of edible landscape.
Have a nice day.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:35 pm
Yes I enjoy gardening and do grow some veg. I find that gardening is a stress buster! and then we can reap the rewards X
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:36 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Black tulip--

Brick by brick--a dreary formula which takes ages to work. Brick by brick.

Thanks Noddy, I hope you are ok? X
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:37 pm
Nothing like a Bacon Tomato sandwich with fresh homegrown tomatos....or eggplant parmagian with fresh eggplant. My neighbors make out like bandits.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:39 pm
eggplant is my favourite just love it, but have never grown it. Home grown potatoes just can't beat them, rhubarb, salad and courgettes mmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:43 pm
slow roasted hungarian peppers ( in olive oil, fresh garlic, oregeno, onion, and basil).....fresh garden salsa.....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 04:57 am
Black tulip--

I do most of my kvetching over in the "Aging" forum. With patient encouragement of A2K members, I'm getting rather good at egocentric venting.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:09 am
alex240101 wrote:
slow roasted hungarian peppers ( in olive oil, fresh garlic, oregeno, onion, and basil).....fresh garden salsa.....

I'll be round for dinner! Sounds wonderful! Roasted vegetables with soya sauce garlic and rice!
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:10 am
Noddy will see you there!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 03:41 pm
Black tulip--

I'm looking forward to it. Only three more months until Real Tomatoes.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 03:44 pm
Noddy I have mine growing! Maybe a Tomato festival would be goodX They are supposed to be very good for you mind and body
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 04:36 am
Black tulip--

I haven't grown tomatoes for several years now--the spirit is willing, but physical effort is physical effort.

Every so often a neighbor who is a long-distance trucker comes up with a case of "real" tomatoes from Florida in the dead of winter. He shares, but it isn't quite the same.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 09:42 am
Hey Noddy, Florida Tomatoes lovely but they taste better than mine, which are often small.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:13 am
Black tulip--

Your growing season is really too short for prime tomatoes, but don't knock small. "Small" frequently means the flavor is concentrated.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:20 am
Hey ladies...Amorosa tomatoes, small and juicy - very flavorful. But I will say there is something about going in the backyard, picking basil and a couple of tomatoes and slicing it all up with some fresh mozarella and a glass of wine that is incredibly satisfying.

Hey Tulip..how are you doing?
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 04:12 pm
All this talk about tomatos...Every year I plant too many tomato plants. Purposely. I do beefmasters, betterboys, early girls, roma, cherry and heirlooms. I think I'll get the roto tiller out this weekend, if weather permits.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 02:19 am
Alex--

I wish you--or a similar gardener--were living down the block or around the corner. We have several excellent farm stands, but no "back-fence" gardening neighbors.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 02:27 am
mismi40 wrote:
Hey ladies...Amorosa tomatoes, small and juicy - very flavorful. But I will say there is something about going in the backyard, picking basil and a couple of tomatoes and slicing it all up with some fresh mozarella and a glass of wine that is incredibly satisfying.

Hey Tulip..how are you doing?

Mismi that sounds wonderful can just taste it now.

I ok, bit tired and ache as I was sorting out the garage and moved a lot of heavy stuff on my own, a particularly large metal cupboard proved almost too much but I wrestled it and beat it! It now stands on the end of the garage holding car cleaners! I went to the dump again with a car full of stuff! I very nearly live there!

Am off to Izzie's tomorrow spending the night there, taking the children and dog, we are going to have a board game and wine evening. The children are so looking forward to it.

Had some problems with VAT, Izzie's been trying to help and talk to the accountant, it seems I have to pay a large amount to them, so might be broke! We'll see!

Take care Mismi happy cooking and wine drinking! x
0 Replies