On the edge and toppling off....

Izzie

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 07:46 am
@mismi,
thanku Mis...love you girl.....

I'm just a heap right now - shaky and feeling I could fall over any minute... feel so ill... one minute fired up, next - bubbling like my brook and crying a river........so frustrated

oh gosh...

I sent the email to the House - it was very strongly worded. I requested it to be forwarded to the Psychologist and Psychiatrist and said I was copying it to Social Services.

I have spoken to the PA of the Director of Social Services...

She is contacting the Director of the Joint Agency Team to get them to call me. I told her what had happened, said I had contacted a solicitor, that I requested a meeting with the JAT Director. Someone needs to ask questions here and get answers.

This is the system here. It spits you out... the vulnerable young, the elderly, the people who need help - it chews you up and spits you out and leaves you with little hope and picking up the pieces of your family that strewn all around. It's an all too familiar story...

It's wrong.
Izzie

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:47 am
@Izzie,
Spoke to the lawyer....

she is going to talk a specalist lawyer in the practice - I have to prove neglect of the statutory obligation of the local authority...

"administrative law"

I am fighting a system - not individuals... but the process.... or lack thereof.

Haven't heard back from the JAT yet.

This should not be allowed to happen. Then again, there's a lot of things that shouldn't happen in the world... and they do.

I spoke to R (quite a bit actually...mmmmm) - he's waiting for the 27th.... the day the new people who he has never met start.

Interesting times on the horizon.

I need to sleep.

mismi

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:19 am
@Izzie,
sleep sweety - rest well
0 Replies

Rockhead

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:29 am
@Izzie,
Got a tea kettle on all day.

Think Ima make soup...

(hugs)
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:06 am
@Izzie,
Here too, hun.

((( Izzie )))
devriesj

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 05:36 pm
@JPB,
Ditto for me. (((Iz-)))
Talked to a friend of mine on this side of the pond who works in our system with adults. I asked if she had any advice & said she would look into things. Hope you don't mind. According to her, there may be an organization here that might be able to give you some insight. Hope you don't think I'm being too nosy, just feel a need to be proactive somehow. Will let you know if I find anything out from her in the near future. The whole situation stinks. And you, R & S are all in my prayers. Hate seeing you go through this.
Izzie

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 06:56 pm
@devriesj,
Thanku all...

thanku Dev... nope, don't mind.

The lawyer here I've been told is top notch. I've talked to Tulip and she will come with me to the meeting and FQsis (Charlie) is telling me to fight on and get this blasted out in the open too.

I've not gone public before because that would be going against R's wishes...

but something has to change now

I'm so sick right now and it's hard to focus... but I also have a lot of rage in me and I'm hoping the lawyer will say that the Local Authority will have to answer the questions I've raised.

I wish... just i wish... that it wasn't like this - you know, I would give my life to make his better...

Tulip told me tonite - I have another child who needs my life too...

so I have to fight them

I'm doing better than the last 2 days... I may have to go the doctor tho - my body appears to be giving up at the moment.

Not working tomorrow... maybe try and sleep some.

thanku all for your prayers, kindness and thoughts...

i know this a bore - I don't have anyone else to talk to - they've all gone (not Tulip) - it been years and I trust no-one here. Anyone who has ever had contact with me and Ryan... they've all left Ryan... therefore they've left me... coz that is pants and I have no time for that anymore. We are still a package whether he lives here or not.

It makes me sick. He's just a lad. Everyone loves him til Ryan clings on a little too tight - then they back off. Friends and family - it's too much for them all to deal with. Hey ho.

Don't need them. Don't need weak people around me. Just take a look at R - he collapsed at my parents in tears tonite... scared and totally beside himself about what will happen with people he doesn't know. It beggars belief.

How many 16 year old boys cry like babies on their knees - no manipulation tonite, no spin - pure fear and lonliness... so damn sad/

Anyhoo... have been thinking about my niece... she is sick... as in real sick (inoperable brain tumour) - biggest smile, full of life, just 13 and gorgeous. We are very close. I think of her... I think strong. She inspires me. She is well right now... doing brilliant... making her a video.

Nite all x
Rockhead

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 06:59 pm
@Izzie,
Ima mail ya a package for the winter...

Soft hugs, and a sweatshirt...

go bed.
mismi

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 07:44 pm
@Rockhead,
((Izzie))
Dutchy

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 07:51 pm
@mismi,
(((Izzie))) thinking of you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:59 pm
@Izzie,
((((((MzIzz and her boys))))))
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:02 am
This is all so much for you to cope with at one time, Izzie. Please do try to take care of your own health, won't you?
Izzie

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:45 am
@msolga,
Thanku msolga... going to lie down now... not even 10am... wasted! Need to sleep.
msolga

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 03:14 am
@Izzie,
Good idea, Izzie. Try some deep breathing ... try (I know it's not easy Sad ) to unwind a little bit.
Rest, rest your tired self.
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:53 am
@Izzie,
Sleep sounds like a good idea, izz.

Wishing a better day for you and the boys.
mismi

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:03 am
@JPB,
praying for rest Izzie - thinking of all three of you.
Izzie

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:12 am
@mismi,
i wish i could have slept... i couldn't...

maybe tonite

x
mismi

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:13 am
@Izzie,
oh gosh Izzie...try to nap if you can today. Good grief girl...
love you...
0 Replies

alex240101

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:17 am
Geez Izzie.....Things have to get better. Have to.
Izzie

Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:23 am
@alex240101,
they will get better Alex.. sometime... just not sure when right now... but I've got to believe they will.... right

shaking....

got the call from a "honcho at the top" - a meeting will be chaired by the Head of the Care Leavers Team.

Have given them the dates of all the emails I've sent over the last few months and my "gripes"

shaking uncontrollaby at the moment - have just spouted off the last 5 years worth of stuff too

big apologies from nice lady..... can't go with apologies any more, trust no-one, she can find no record of anyone saying that R would not be entitled to adult services or why I have been told that..... funny old thing a?

said I would have legal representation at the meeting and that someone at the top of the chain is going to have to have answers to all the questions I have been asking for months

am i kidding myself...

oh... need to stop shaking

off to sit by the river