jodie34

Mon 3 Mar, 2008 06:59 pm
Izzie,
How are you today?
0 Replies

Izzie

Tue 4 Mar, 2008 06:45 pm
Hi Jodie et al.

Just to say I am doing better in my head and still smiling away (I know, can be so annoying for everyone else - but it works for me). Smile

Feeling very weary - but can only think that is a good thing. No more blackouts - just think last Friday I maybe pushed myself too much - brain went into overload and finally switched off.

Feet are doing alright. Go in on 25th March for wire removal.

BigBoy is fine - planning his overnite fishing trip on Friday down to the last meticulous bait pellet and boilie! (with the care staff). He'll be happy!

Little fella had to come home from school - tummy lurgy - but he's being mollycoddled by my Mom - she's feeding him PORRIDGE! (ugh ugh)

So - all in all - another day on, tomorrow's another day.

Thanku Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:24 am
Izzie--

....and the whole time you've been fusing bone.

You're a multi-tasker.
0 Replies

Izzie

Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:32 pm
Oh - tired at the moment...

Been going through papers for the move - so much to be done and spinning hamsters are snagging those threads.

Buyers want to move in on 7th April! They can move into the annexe (much to the disbelief of my conveyancing solicitor at my trust in human nature) but I don't think realistically I can move out by then. My seller is happy to go with what suits me - it's just................................

don't want to really think about it.

Discovered, whilst blindly searching for some stupid deed or another - that no-one else can really be delegated to look for - that the wire in my right foot twists around - mmmmmmmmmmmm - not too sure that's meant to happen Rolling Eyes - and along with the throbbing sensation in said toe - have now got the toots up in the air again.

I have 20 years worth of "stuff" to either chuck, or keep - and dunno where to start. Not got a clue. Nada.

oh cr*p

feeling a little burdened down

and I've got a darn cold and am sneezing with an ear and throat-hurt

mutter mutter mutter

stomp shuffle stomp shuffle

The positive is - it was sunny, and rainy and I saw the most stunning rainbow thru my trees.

My kettle beckons...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:44 pm
Izzie--

Hang on--and look into renting dumpsters.

I'm quitting for the day myself. Perhaps I've earned a little white wine tonight. I'll lift my glass to your Aegean Stables. Where is Hercules when you need him?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:31 pm
Hi Izzie -- just making a quick run through the new posts between work duties and saw this.

I'm sorry to hear the cr*p keeps building. And now you're sick with a cold on top of everything else -- ugh!

I hope the sunshine sticks around for awhile. Take care, hon. I'm thinking of you. Do you have any fun things on the calendar for the weekend?
0 Replies

Izzie

Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:41 pm
Well - I've started the weekend early.... had my momentary blip of burdened shoulders..... then...

Have just transformed myself into the entire chorus line-up of the West End of Chez Izzie "Les Miserables" and done a fantastic rendition of "At the end of the Day" and "The Attack". I badly sang every character.

I feel so much better - nothing like a good sing-song to get me back into the swing of things. Smile

Not much on the agenda for the weekend - hoping to see Black Tulip.

Little fella will be coming over to so that will be happy. Very Happy

Really - feeling a lot better right now - I really am. Smile

Thanku as always hun x
0 Replies

urs53

Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:43 pm
Have a good weekend, Izzie, singing, talking, playing with your son - and keep your feet up!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 06:42 am
Izzie--

Under the circumstances, it is impossible to put your best foot forward.

You'll have to cope some other way.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

Izzie

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 11:09 am
Oh I did.

There's nowt wrong with my vocal chords (except to a singing tutor and the cat who is lying beside me!)

Just had a blip - back to usual Smile now thanku all!

(feet are up Rolling Eyes ) :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 11:25 am
Hey Izzie!

I've been reading along as I get chances.

In your honour, I threw out 4 old nail polishes and two base coat bottles (instead of sticking them back in the cabinet as I had been doing for a few months) this morning.

A friend of mine told me that his mother went by the principle of throwing out 15 things a day. Nine to go for me for today.

(looks around and spots something else to dump)
0 Replies

Izzie

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 12:10 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Hey Izzie!

In your honour, I threw out 4 old nail polishes and two base coat bottles (instead of sticking them back in the cabinet as I had been doing for a few months) this morning.

A friend of mine told me that his mother went by the principle of throwing out 15 things a day. Nine to go for me for today.

(looks around and spots something else to dump)

Hey there EB-Girl!

THANKU

I shall try it.............. ok - that may get me a little excited - what can go first ------------> oh, old adult male soccer shinpads ..... there's TWO THINGS!

This could be fun! Laughing

BUT HEY - PROMISE ME SOMETHING

Please leave Setanta with his pillows - he looks so comfy - wouldn't like to see him de-pillow-fluffed. Shocked

(say Hey to the Boy for me hun) x

Thanku Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 12:26 pm
That is a great thought, ehBeth! Our cleaning lady would love it. We have to keep her from throwing all our stuff out. But since we have her cleaning the place, I have already thrown out quite a bit. My clothes are next! (Not all of them...)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:19 pm
Izzie--

I hate moving but there is something very satisfying about purging yourself of other people's beloved relics.

I'm serious about renting a Dumpster.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:23 pm
I've wandered around and pitched 5 more items, including an old battery-operated toothbrush.

A few more things made it to the Goodwill pile as well.

With any luck I'll make it to the full 15 tossables before we leave for the concert adventure (the Goodwill items don't count).
0 Replies

Izzie

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:44 pm
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!

This is so hard......

k

one old manky male adult pair of shinpads - yehay
14 coathangers...............................

really trying here - have filled a box with bits of tut (<------Izzie language for general nic-nac tossable bits 'n pieces)! Found a 10 year old cd player that belonged to a car - about 3 cars ago! GONE - HA - RESULT!!!!!!

there are at least 15 pairs of something I no longer need Shocked

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ! WITH HEELS

So - on the positive - I CAN CHUCK AT LEAST 15 SOMETHINGS OUT TODAY! Very Happy

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9180/p1010407yh5.jpg

SO, I no longer have a "SHOE SHRINE"..... Razz

I have "SHOE LINE" Laughing

So laughing - some other little lady is going to love my high heels! May she dance better in them than I ever did. OH - there's another positive - I have a good excuse for dancing badly now - bionic fused feet. HA - another result. Really smiling here.

Hey, it's all good - just thinking that actually someone else will really benefit from some lovely high-heeled shoes.

I have achieved today - HOW HAPPY IS THAT! Very Happy
0 Replies

jodie34

Sat 8 Mar, 2008 07:31 pm
Izzie,
Sounds like you are doing OK. So happy for you that things are better.
I saw all of the shoes lined up to get rid of. I just went through my closet yesterday getting rid of things such as purses, shoes etc. What a job but makes me feel better when it is all done. Some things I actually forgot about having having. Amvets will Pick the stuff up on Monday. Thought about having a garage sale in the Spring or Summer. Do people have garage sales there? I only do well if I have large items to sell.
0 Replies

Izzie

Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:47 am
Hey

Had the first part of the next chapter in the "stepping-outta-this-life" - it didn't commence with "Once upon a time" - more like "well, this is what you wanted, right?"

Now, I know photos don't mean as much to others as me - but - I have many photo walls around my house.

Like this..

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8500/p1010425yt6.jpg

So many photos of my son's, the kids parties, family things, blah blah. The house is just a house now - bricks and mortar - that's fine - but I started taking the photos down. I've been talking to Black Tulip about doing this - knowing that for me, this was gonna be the hardest thing "in my head" to do to leave here and start again. Thought I'd start with the little walls.

I'm not stupid enough not to realise that photos are only just pieces of paper with colour on….and that in the bigger scheme of things - this means diddly squat - But to me, they are actually far more than that - they have been my life for the longest time - not the pics - but the memories around me of happier times with my son and as a family.

Right, now - yep - the positive is - 2 walls of the house make the house tidier, less "loud" and totally impersonal - so, far easier to walk away from…

But does it feel good? - not quite the same as getting rid of shoes, "tut" and junk - that's a walk in the park compared to this - I guess it feels like someone just ripped my heart out all over again, and it's hurting like hell.

Removal of some shrines kinda cuts a little deeper.

Time for some loud, happy music and to test the vocal chords again. Crying a rivers just gonna make puddles. Need to get some sunshine going to dry up now. Feel a little bit of Scissor Sisters coming on….

Just needed a whinge. Know it's pretty unimportant really - just important to me. Nothing to do with the house or feet or anything like that -those things are done, sorting or sorted.....

it's just the heart-hurt - that's all...can't explain it.

Positive is - 2 walls down, next ones will be a lot easier to do, just a walk in the park now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sun 9 Mar, 2008 03:02 pm
Izzie--

You're dissembling a nest--of course it hurts.

Time is.

Time was.

Time has been.

Time will be--but not the same time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 Mar, 2008 03:24 pm
Taking a nest apart is difficult.

Everyone's got different approaches to what gets packed first/last, is unpacked first/last.

For me, the last thing packed and first thing unpacked is everything related to tea. Cup/pot/kettle/sugar/teas/my lucky spoon. Then bedding. Then radios. Then artwork ...

I need my tea, my pillows/sheets and my news source/music to feel at home.

Everything else can be packed up (other than a flashlight of course), but I need my comfies.

Another friend of mine can pack up a whole house as long as the artwork stays up to the last minute before she closes the door behind her - and the paintings go up in the new home before ANYTHING is unpacked.

For you, the comfies might be your picture walls.

~~~

Good work on your multiples of 15. I started off this morning with dumping some roll-on body glitter that'd gone clumpy. Found a few other things to toss from the same cabinet.

I decided that instead of mushing out in the snow today to get snacks, I'd apply the clean-out rule in the kitchen as well. So I opened a package of low-fat carrot muffin mix that was about to celebrate a significant birthday in my refrig - added some raisins, toffee bits and choco chips (all 3 ends of packages in the fridge). The dried apricots couldn't be saved, so they were junked. That's 5 packages out of the fridge - and some dang tasty muffins for Setanta and me to have between/after snow shovelling.

~~~

Hooray to clean-up/out incentives!

~~~

I have a long-standing rule about shoes - 2 pairs must leave for each pair that comes in. I had to delay departure of some boots as we've had some odd types of snow that I have separate boots for - but the shoes are slowly slowly leaving.
0 Replies