On the edge and toppling off....

Izzie

Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:47 pm
It does, doesn't it. Very Happy See you found the snake onboard a? Razz (thought you'd like to be our figurehead - but then you would have to be still - so the Black Pearl would need a girl figurehead, to join the rest of us looking forward these days. Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Thu 3 Jul, 2008 06:58 pm
I kinda like the girls faces there in the line up - got some ooomph and determination - guess that fits all us gals.too

Izzie - there are a couple there that have a lot more than just that...I don't know that I can actually claim those particular accoutrements. Laughing unfortunately.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Thu 3 Jul, 2008 07:05 pm
Dear Izzie and mismi I think you both look smashing, but it isn't looks what counts but personality, and you both have plenty and more of that in my eyes. :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Thu 3 Jul, 2008 07:10 pm
You charmer you...silver tongued fox... :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 5 Jul, 2008 03:49 am
Thanks, all. Good to be home.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Sat 5 Jul, 2008 03:51 am
Welcome back Noddy, nice to see you, take care.
0 Replies

devriesj

Wed 9 Jul, 2008 03:23 pm
Hey, all. New to the mix. Been reading since yesterday when Izzie sent me the link. Hope you all are well,
Figureheads, huh? Love the eagle. Went to ehBeth's suggested website and saw a fews pretties.
The one on the right end there has just those (fake) boobs goin' for her! Not sure about the other one's in yer post there, Beth, although the naked one has the prettiest ... face Laughing No, really! Very Happy Shocked
I like her!:
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/img_200/D1231-16.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Wed 9 Jul, 2008 04:29 pm
So...no new posts about R for a whole week, Izzie?

I'm crossing my fingers that "no news is good news." :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Wed 9 Jul, 2008 04:55 pm
Hey Hey

Thanku folks Smile

well.... funny you should say that Eva...

no news is..... no news!!!!!!

Quite incredible really.

I phoned up tonite as the social worker and care leavers team were meeting with R - to explain everything... you know, after last week...

Deputy Manager was there - I said... "mmmm ..... not heard from anyone, so whatsa happening"

he said - "don't know, I wasn't here... don't know what has been discussed. R had 2 x 30minute interview/talks with care leaver new guy and then the social worker - no shouting.... nothing - and it's confidential to R and them"

and

no-one to tell me what's happening.... so, not got a clue... totally out of the loop.... sitting here knowing absolutely NOTHING whatsoever

I guess - it's quiet, I shouldn't complain... I suppose it's good news there.

It's just wierd - I am not his MOM. I have no say. I am not told anything. They do not answer my written questions.... I am nothing. It's a strange feeling. One minute I have to step up, the next I don't exist. Telling my son he can leave care as they have done .... well, you woulda thought someone would be telling the parents SOMETHING....

is this what forced "letting go" is? He's not even 16 yet...

Not sure whether to be mad or sad or... nothing - just feel like I don't exist - I suppose that's selfish on my part - I dunno - it's like I'm just waiting for something to happen again, but who only knows what. It's that rollercoaster. I'm sat right at the top, all is coco, waiting for..... a great big dip. Not tonite tho... so that's good a? Maybe it's all gonna change now. Maybe the rollercoaster will stop and we can get off it now.

Believe me.... quite happy nothing to report. That's a good sign. Right?

Hey ho!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 9 Jul, 2008 05:35 pm
Times of change, times of change.
0 Replies

mismi

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:39 am
So glad to hear that there is no news. Maybe it is all about learning to let go. I know it must be hard though Izzie. Noddy is right - this is a time of change. You are doing great hun.

Hugs to you...as usual. :wink:
0 Replies

devriesj

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 10:41 am
Oh, Iz-, my heart does ache for you. Sorry, but I am new to the knowledge of your situation so please try not to mind my trying to take it in?

You are such a trooper, Iz. You've done well despite your circumstances. You've come through so much and you're just a wonder to behold.
Personally I'm very proud of you.
Have you had YOUR daily pat on the back? :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:27 pm
Decisions......

decisions to make ...

dunno how!

have made them - decisions - not too sure if they are right - need to sort my head out - can't be right - but have done it anyway

more decisions to make.... fallout due.

thinking....

back when I feel more together.
0 Replies

mismi

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:34 pm
listening when you are ready...
0 Replies

Izzie

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:49 pm
thanks hun - I'll get here when I can stop feeling an idiot and start feeling like an adult. No worries. Please dont worry. I'm just being me - usual crap reasons for feeling sh*t with a mouldy cherry on top.

Just needed to say it out loud. I don't like being on my own right this minute.... just this minute.... usually I relish it. Tonite.... I just want something more.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 08:12 pm
Sounds like the beginning of a song.

You're right, MizzIzz. Sometimes getting something on paper/screen/out loud just needs to happen.
0 Replies

Izzie

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 08:14 pm
Yep .... best get some sleep now a?

(hope Mrs Hamburger is sleeping better)

nite x
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 08:20 pm
She's working at it.

We talked about it tonight - better sleep is helping her a bit with pain management.

Now we need some of the same for you.

~~~

Did you ever knit? I found that visualizing knitting patterns sometimes helped me sleep - it was almost like self-hypnotizing.
0 Replies

devriesj

Thu 10 Jul, 2008 08:25 pm
Right here for you, friend Izzie.
Sweet dreams...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 11 Jul, 2008 12:39 pm
I'm a bit self-focused right now, but I'm listening.
0 Replies