Foot Fusion - (Bunion/Rheumatoid/Lupus) - Plz someone know!

Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 07:03 am
mmmmmm... how much more Confused

I've been trying to keep quiet and ignore it all - but I got worn down again.

Anything Is Possible " apparently so. Even having “extraordinary” toots.

Valgus becomes varus... east becomes west " k-wired, shortened and fused, Stainsby’d " all of them " there should be nothing left to do, so, why was it so painful.

Final...my right foot.

By some freak of nature (typical) " joints that have been extensively surgically rendered un-functionable (is that a word?) are now functioning...should not be possible so says the surgeon - sadly, they have moved westwards and gone south " that malfunction needs to be rectified to stop the pain. Cut from under to separate tendons, cut from above to separate tendons, cut the ankle tendon (depending on ultrasound " may just steroid inject). This should render all my right toots (‘cept the biggun which is fused and stapled) flippy floppy " with no feeling. He believes I should be able to walk but I will need another pair of “those” shooz. My ankle should stop popping.

It’s rather strange when your surgeon says he has never seen this in happen with a patient before, more extraordinary as they have been operated on so many times " whaaaa me then! Ho hum " this will be his 5th slice and dice and make it all feel nice on my toots...

Nothing too big " you know, not like 2 years ago... has only been 7 months since the previous surgery " it’s all a tad tiring and I’m not sure how I’m going to tell my work boss " should only be off 2-3 weeks ..... but you know, she’s gonna be p*ssed with me. Heck, they all are. Here we go again.

Y'all be bored of this by now. Me too. Not telling any family yet.

Op either on 20th October or 17 November.

Autumn is here and Christmas is coming.

Gone to bed for a bit now. So darn tired.
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 12:49 pm
@Izzie,
Ah Izzie -- the downside of being "extraordinary", I guess. But seriously, that's really crap that you are facing more surgery. If I can think of one positive aspect (pretty hard, but I'll try) it's that you will probably command a great deal of your Doctor's attention just because your case is so unusual.

(Tell your boss that you'd rather NOT have to take time off for more surgery -- it's hardly a fun-filled vacation. Still, I know that's going to be a hard conversation...sigh...I don't have any answers, just sorry that you're facing this.)
Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 03:35 pm
@Tai Chi,
Thanku TC - I told my boss. I spent most of the time bubbling back tears. Hey ho! T'will all be fine no doubt. x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:50 pm
op on 20th...

2 weeks time - done and dusted!
mismi

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:54 pm
@Izzie,
Oh GOSH Iz. Yuck...yuck yuck yuck yuck. So sorry.

If your foot has no feeling that could be dangerous couldn't it? How long does the "no feeling" thing last?

Thoughts are with you hun.
so sorry.
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 04:04 pm
@mismi,
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/EPSON001copy.jpg

dunno Mis... we'll see!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 04:48 pm
@Izzie,
Actually I'm amazed they can do so much now. Still, you are one brave and lively person, Iz.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 06:27 pm
@Izzie,
done and dusted

that sounds good

is it?
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 07:43 pm
@ehBeth,
merci Osso - feet were made for dancing a?... well, walking, but, ya know!

Bethie - will be done on 20th and hopefully over with this time

no more, thankee very much kindly DocMrL - no more.

Bloods Friday, Pre-assmnt Monday, Ultrasound Monday, Op Tues wk!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:03 pm
@Izzie,
Let's hope the doc's right about you being back on your feet quickly. Hope everything goes smoothly.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 02:14 pm
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/002a.jpg

Basically, in thru the top middle, both feet, cut out wedges of bone, pull toes back up and cut the tendons underneath 3 on the right. No driving for 4-6wks, not gonna be walking for a while. 16th November ‘10. Maybe this time... tired.
JPB

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 02:32 pm
@Izzie,
oof!

((( Izzie )))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 03:08 pm
Aw, dammit. But I suppose it is overall a good thing to do..
ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 06:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Back to add mucho hugs, Iz. I can only imagine how depressing this is. Keep heart..
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUuimfMlCq_zhSKDDqxCi6N-WcU5ZGr72AJsDq7TMrHk19pBs&t=1&usg=__adN9ZvQuLX7vzLivcB_aSWaKqxE=
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 06:32 pm
izzie, I hope you know I am pulling for you. Lots of luck.
0 Replies