Foot Fusion - (Bunion/Rheumatoid/Lupus) - Plz someone know!

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:51 am
I will do that, Izzie. And so will you! (I hope Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:11 pm
Izzie ,
Hope the pain will subside soon. When I had my bunion surgery the doctor told me to take the pain meds as perscription said for 4 days straight to not wait until I really needed the medication because it would take it much longer to take effect. I still have quite a bit of swelling he said I could have some swelling up to six months. I am so tired of wearing lace up shoes but still better than the surgery boot. I will still need surgery on my right foot but going to wait a year before I have that one done. That is what the doctor wants.
Stay Strong! I am so impressed with what a strong lady you have been. You have so many wonderful friends here and there. and also your mum taking care of you.
I would love to visit England sometime in the future. I have a friend that works at the hospital where I do part time and she is from England. I just love her accent. She is a beautiful lady just as you are. Anytime you are here to vent we are here for you.
How long were you in Chicago? It is the "Windy City" like it here but don't like the snow and cold.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:21 pm
Hi folks - not so strong tonite Sad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH Exclamation

Burning up again - got feet elevated and lying down completely flat. OMword - needle stabbing something going on - hoping all the blood will rush down the legs.

Just cannot get comfortable at all. It's pants! Deep breathing commencing.

VENT VENT VENT - need a vent thru the bandages.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:54 am
Good morning, Izzie. How are you doing today? I am thinking of you and sending you lots of positive energy. I told BigDice about you and he sends his best wishes Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:51 am
Quote:
Just cannot get comfortable at all. It's pants! Deep breathing commencing.

Sounds a bit like natural childbirth.

Nerve pain is hell. Mr. Noddy is a long-term diabetic and the pain from diabetic neuropathy as the nerves to the extremities wither away is dark, deep and most unlovely.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:18 am
Sorry it's all such hell, Izzie.

I hope the daytime has brought a small bit of relief.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:36 am
Hello

Just to say the pain has eased considerably from last nite - thanku all. Certainly nitetime is the worst - daytime - for the most part, is semi-bearable. I'm not sure what is going on with the nerves - still sending my feet up in the air Shocked - but really am doing a lot better this afternoon.

(Thank you for all the positivity vibes - mentally it is keeping me going... Urs - please say Hi to BigDice Smile )

Noddy - am well aware of neuropathy in diabetics from family experience - it's a tough one to manage Sad Wishing your hubby well. Smile

Have just had the buyers for my house here for the last 2 hours - discussing the finer details. They complete in 5 weeks and are going to move into my annexe (really nice people and I trust them not to do wrong by me). I now need to go visit my new house and see what furniture I need to get rid of as I am considerably downsizing from my beautiful house on the hill to my more humble abode by the stream (it is very sweet). My buyers seem to want a majority of my furniture - so that should make it easier. A lot of my stuff was handmade for the house - or fits the rooms - so seems silly not to leave it if folk want to buy it.

Oh - new starts..... new beginnings... it will be good - even if it is a little daunting and exhausting just thinking about it. (a little scary but feeling fairly big and brave with a little help from my friends here and at home!) Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 01:01 pm
Izzie--

I doubt that you'll stride into the future in April, but I'm betting you'll crawl with great verve and penache.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
Izzie

I am sending you vibes of strength and energy to get through your surgery and selling your house . You have so much going on at the present time.
Pain always seems to be worse at nite. Wishing you the best. Take Care!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:26 pm
jodie34 wrote:
Izzie ,

How long were you in Chicago? It is the "Windy City" like it here but don't like the snow and cold.

Hi Jodie

Thanku for your thoughts. I apologise for not replying to your post earlier... been one of those "misery guts" spaces on and off. The surgeon said it can take 6-12 months to walk properly and swelling to recede. I also met someone today who is 7 months post-op with just the 1st MTP (big toe) fusion. She is still struggling and frustrated with not wearing "proper" shoes. I have huge reconstruction done along with fusion - so I think "daunting" is becoming more of a reality in the last 2 days.

However, as Noddy quite rightly says:

Noddy24 wrote:
Izzie--

I doubt that you'll stride into the future in April, but I'm betting you'll crawl with great verve and penache.

and I won't let the Chief Whip of Dominion Holding down. I will be fine. Smile

Visited Chicago only for a few days whilst I was travelling - but boy - I had such a good time. When I then moved to the US - I spent 2 years in Boston and 2 in California - whilst in CA our neighbours moved back East and lived about an hour south of the city. We visited there twice with our eldest son (he was 2 - love him) - the last visit being close to Thanksgiving - such Happy Happy Memories. I left the USA permanently then and returned to the UK with my son. My friends, who now live in McKinney, TX - well, we are still the best of friends - K is one of my girlies - is always there for me too. I visited them on my own when I ended my marriage - had a the big rediscovery of who I wanted to be again - August06. Shocked

Am determined I will travel when I am well enough - have so many plans forming in my head right now to take my boys an a long adventure. The eldest I doubt will come with me.... but I will live in hope. I won't waste my life - I wish them to experience the world. Smile

Apologies - I didn't mean to ignore your previous question. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mommakat

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:56 pm
sharing
Hi to you all. I love you all and look forward to sharing our pain and healing; it makes the journey so much easier. Izzie, a few years ago my husband and myself downsized from three houses of furniture to just about nothing and moved cross country from NY State to Calif. We purchased a small mobile home. We stayed there 3 years, decided didn't like it, moved from there to Colorado and here we will stay. My husband said he would never rake another leaf, mow a lawn or repair anything so we moved into an apartment. Some days I wish I had a house again and some days that makes me sad and adds to my depression. However, I love Colorado and I know this is where I am supposed to be. I hope you are feeling well this evening and as everyone tells me about my foot surgery, it will get better. I too will be happy to be able to put on some shoes once again. Right now it is slippers-YUK. Wearing a slipper and using a walker is not how I want to look in public, so I am not going anywhere. Guess I have rambled enough so goodnight to you all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:10 pm
Welcome to a2k, mommakat. I'm glad you found this thread.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 07:37 am
Crying or Very sad
it hurts today...everything hurts - whole body is pained
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 08:07 am
{ Izzie }

not squezzing too tightly -- gentle hugs to you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 08:13 am
I'm sorry, Izzie.

By the way, while I agree that your attitude has been amazing, I hope you don't feel a need to keep everything positive all the time? I had a staff member with fibromyalgia (severe, ongoing pain) who was also a member of a church. Her fellow church-goers were extremely helpful, bringing her food, offering support, praising her good attitude, etc... but she didn't always have a good attitude. She was sometimes way down in the dumps.

She told me I was the only person she knew who seemed OK with that -- who would listen and nod and say "that sucks alright" without telling her that she had to look at the bright side, stay positive, yadda yadda. She said it got so tiring sometimes to have to portray this good attitude she didn't always feel. I mean even that -- "good" attitude vs. "bad" attitude. She was in a lot of pain! It made sense that things would not always be sunshine.

So, while I think you know that, just thought I'd put it out there. Sometimes things just plain suck.

Take care.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 09:08 am
Izzie,

So sorry you are having so much pain. Gentle hug and hoping your pain goes away. My heart goes out to you. Take care! I know you are under a lot of stress with everything that's going on maybe that makes the pain worse.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 10:01 am
Izzie--

I couldn't agree more about your Inalienable Right to feel 24/7 pain is unjust and unearned.

Remember, your feet are clay and pebbles, but your mind soars.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:40 pm
sozobe wrote:
She was sometimes way down in the dumps.

So, while I think you know that, just thought I'd put it out there. Sometimes things just plain suck.

Take care.

Hi folks - thanku

Hey - sozobe - that's the nice thing about being on A2K - I can whinge when it hurts and I don't have to smile all the time.... not when it hurts so bad AND I can also be the cheeky Brit who smiles (annoyingly to some) when I want to - and no-one judges me. (yet!)

I really am ... "What you see is what you get". Have spent too many years bottling up and pretending all was fine - nearly destroyed me in the end. Still have just one big issue I can't deal with and will deal with that as and when I am strong enough physically.

However, I've 2 active threads going on this forum now - and they are both me - I do really have a big smile inside all the time - the one in my heart which although bruised and battered daily, is still beating, and a big smile a majority of the time on the outside. Only since January tho .... I think half the people who think they know me in my life in the UK think I must be taking happy pills - they have watched a lotta things happening to me and mine over the years - and even tho that's all still happening - I'm no longer the same person I was on the outside last year, and I think it may be confusing some of them Confused including my family!

Oh, I dunno if that makes any sense... I know what I mean. In essence - the real me, who's been shutting down for years, is back and staying - new starts, new life. I can stay true to me and actually, anyone who doesn't like it - too bad! I am my own person.

So - painwise - well - still there but mind is soaring not sinking as it was earlier. Have a feeling it's going to be a long "heated" nite - but am trying to distract myself by reading up on threads and stuff.

I wish someone could come up with the following tho: PLEASE DON THINKING CAPS.....K - here we go!

Ways to keep feet elevated without having to lie down or sit up. If I lie down with feet up - very sore bum (tailbone!!!!!!!!!!). If I sit on a chair or in the bed ... very sore bum. If I lay on my side - whichever side - elbows joints swollen badly, shoulder and hip joints in pain. (That's the tough thing - I'm so very used to hurtling around!)

I can't go out and about in the wheelchair because the pain is unbearable if the feet are low for more than a few minutes. (driving me completely mad right this minute and burning up!). A friend is going to bring a cushion over with a square cut out the back and see if that makes a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh - the indignity of it all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Now what I need - other than being suspended feet first from a high-wire where all the blood will rush to my head - and how dangerous would that be with a brain like mine................ what I need is to be rotisseried Shocked - as I'm going around, I need to have chocolate when facing East, nutritional food whilst facing South (don't like food!) so will pass the South more quickly - oh no I won't - will have a quick massage whilst on my front, Cake and Doughnuts when facing West and Drip Fed Earl Grey T when facing North. Perfect!

Anyone got any other ideas..... coz my bum is NUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:44 pm
Tummy?

Feet up behind you, like a little kid reading a book?

Can also prop 'em, on pillows or suchlike.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:50 pm
Giving it a go................................... Smile thanku x
0 Replies