Foot Fusion - (Bunion/Rheumatoid/Lupus) - Plz someone know!

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 12:17 pm
Izzie--

Echoing all the good wishes. We'll be here, waiting for you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 01:58 pm
Check in from Black tulip posted Here.

Glad to hear the surgery is over (presumably successful). Hopefully the pain will lessen soon. Sending healing thoughts (we traditionally use ommms).

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 06:17 pm
Izzie,
Hope your surgery went well. Be strong ! We are all thinking of you.
You are a wonderful lady with all you have been through and you have made it thus far.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 03:51 am
Izzie, my very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 02:23 pm
Izzie--

Coyote women will be howling at the full moon on the 20th. I'll probably start on the 18th, having miscalculated the date and fixed my face for the 18th.

You're welcome to join us.

Edited to add the link:

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3098768#3098768
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:16 pm
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111721&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140

Hello everyone -

Thanku for all thinking about me. I am now home and pleased to be here. Very Happy

Can't remember too much about the op - know there were a few probs bringing me round Confused - but I'm here - so must've been fine in the end.

Wednesday was the worst day - the pain was unbearable and I wasn't too quiet about it. The surgeon believed that my lupus was playing me up a bit and that the nerve endings in my right foot were having a little objection to the wires that have been inserted through my toes. They cut off the plaster on Thursday morning and replastered a little looser to see if it made a difference - the only other option was to operate and remove the wires - but neither the surgeon or I thought that was a good option and that would have led to too many compications. The replastering appears to have lessened the pain a little and I am also taking some "horse pills" (they are mammoth) used for epilsepy of all things to try and control the spasms in my right foot. Good job really - any guy standing by my foot when it shot up in the air would be leaving the room with a high voice else!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Along with pain meds I hope to keep it all in check.

So - have left the confines of the hospital and back to my moors with my room with a view - sense of humour intact (I think). Got to go back into hospital again next Friday and be x-rayed and replastered again - but hopefully all will go smoothly.

Finding it hard to do anything - and I fall asleep at the drop of a hat - will try and catch up with the threads and see what everyone has been up to - just need to keep my eyes open for more than 15 mins! Hope everyone has been well and life has been treating you good.

I wouldn't have made it thru this without the A2K keeping my wits about me so I thanku all and for all the well wishes. You are stars Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:02 pm
There she is, good to see you perking, Izzie, while I know you must have so much to deal with. At the same time, you are engaged, this is all interesting, and you have this as a starter diary of your feelings. Rest well.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:05 pm
Hi there Izzie, good to get your update.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:09 pm
Thanking you - will rest up and keep you in the picture as to my recovery. Sure all will be fine - staying very positive these days with a little help from my friends.

You're all fab Smile
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:14 pm
Very Happy

Glad yer back, Izzie.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:24 pm
Glad to be here Rockhead - I loved your song - thanku so much - I really do believe that - you have no idea hun Smile

I believe that some angels have been wrapping their wings round me for the last few weeks - and made a huge difference to my life - so your music was very apt. Bless your heart Smile
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:30 pm
You are very welcome, and keep on keepin' on.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:47 pm
Hi Izzie-- we haven't met 'cause lately I haven't been able to spend 75% of my life on a2k as I normally would like to Very Happy But I just read through this thread and I wanted to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery, and to tell you I'm so impressed with your positive outlook and your sense of humor while you've been going through all this! You are one brave lady.... and hey, let me tell you this as a girl who is too tall to wear heels--they are making some damn cute flat-soled shoes these days, so all is not lost! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:51 pm
Geezlouise, Cypher, I didn't know you are TALL!! (I will just presume you know I'm teasing, since you know me.)

Izzie, be you, we believe in you.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:51 pm
Cheers CypherCat

The flattie brigade will do just fine I reckon! Good to meet you - sure we will see each other around - A2K is my strength these days so will be hanging out with the good folk here and checking in regularly. Thanks for posting Smile
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:12 pm
Izzie,

Welcome home! You are a very brave strong woman. Glad to hear your surgery is over and you are OK. Take care and keep us posted.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:52 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Geezlouise, Cypher, I didn't know you are TALL!! (I will just presume you know I'm teasing, since you know me.)
Embarrassed *cough*....do I mention being tall too often? I guess I have mentioned it a time or two or ten... heh...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:58 pm
No, actually, I don't remember that, though maybe a wee little bit. Whatever, I like tall people,

as well as some shorts. Plenty of shorts. What is the height deal anyway?

As long as you don't ask the guy if he plays basketball, as I did on my first date. (die, die, die)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:59 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:19 am
Izzie--

The dust will never settle on your Shoe Shrine. Welcome back.
0 Replies