The US is a great place to be anti-American

mysteryman

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 01:45 pm
cjhsa wrote:
You didn't answer the question.

I didnt answer the question the way you wanted, but that doesnt mean I didnt answer it.
You presented a premise that could NOT happen, so there is no answer that can be given.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 08:34 pm
I just want to say that I do find america a great place to be anti-American. It is way more fun than when I was anti-american in canada.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 05:53 am
mysteryman wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
You didn't answer the question.

I didnt answer the question the way you wanted, but that doesnt mean I didnt answer it.
You presented a premise that could NOT happen, so there is no answer that can be given.

Anything is possible. If terrorism gets a real foothold here in the States, things will change very quickly.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 08:50 am
The reason I value the American Flag as a holy document is because I read U.S. history like it is today's newpaper. It is alive to me. I marvel over what generations of Americans had to cope with, for us to be here today, in this powerful and wealthy nation.

The American Flag is, in my eyes, a condensed history book of the United States and its people. Similar to my thinking that all "book burning or desecrating" is a sad testament to the people that do that, I feel that the American Flag functions as a similar history book (symbolically) of the nation's past.

Burning books, in my opinion, reflects hatred and fear and close-mindedness towards those that wrote the books being burned or desecrated. So too with burning or desecrating the American Flag. So, when someone thinks it is acceptable behavior to burn or desecrate the American Flag, I personally just believe those individuals don't value, like I do, the sacrifice prior generations of Americans made for us to live in this powerful and wealthy nation.

The reason I think burning or desecrating the American Flag should be against the law, and there should be "no right to burn or desecrate it" (based on the Constitution of the United States) is because I believe the American Flag is like "a house of worship without walls," and we understand that people cannot go into a Church and start to desecrate anything in a Church. You see, we Americans are congregants to the faith of Americanism, and to burn or desecrate it's flag is a simple hate crime (and property crime) in my opinion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:00 am
cjhsa wrote:
Anything is possible.

Did you even try to understand MM's response?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:01 am
foofie wrote:
You see, we Americans are congregants to the faith of Americanism, and to burn or desecrate it's flag is a simple hate crime (and property crime) in my opinion.

fascinating.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:02 am
Foofie wrote:
The reason I value the American Flag as a holy document is because I read U.S. history like it is today's newpaper. It is alive to me. I marvel over what generations of Americans had to cope with, for us to be here today, in this powerful and wealthy nation.

The American Flag is, in my eyes, a condensed history book of the United States and its people. Similar to my thinking that all "book burning or desecrating" is a sad testament to the people that do that, I feel that the American Flag functions as a similar history book (symbolically) of the nation's past.

Burning books, in my opinion, reflects hatred and fear and close-mindedness towards those that wrote the books being burned or desecrated. So too with burning or desecrating the American Flag. So, when someone thinks it is acceptable behavior to burn or desecrate the American Flag, I personally just believe those individuals don't value, like I do, the sacrifice prior generations of Americans made for us to live in this powerful and wealthy nation.

The reason I think burning or desecrating the American Flag should be against the law, and there should be "no right to burn or desecrate it" (based on the Constitution of the United States) is because I believe the American Flag is like "a house of worship without walls," and we understand that people cannot go into a Church and start to desecrate anything in a Church. You see, we Americans are congregants to the faith of Americanism, and to burn or desecrate it's flag is a simple hate crime (and property crime) in my opinion.

I repeat myself.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:03 am
dyslexia wrote:
foofie wrote:
You see, we Americans are congregants to the faith of Americanism, and to burn or desecrate it's flag is a simple hate crime (and property crime) in my opinion.

fascinating.

And correct/true/factual!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:08 am
It's true that it's your opinion, Foofie.

And it is fascinating to observe you.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:09 am
dyslexia wrote:
foofie wrote:

fascinating.

And correct/true/factual! There is a fairly new book that explains the concept that we Americans are congregants to a faith called Americanism. Not all Americans are othodox believers, so to speak. But, those that got this country to survive a few hundred years of difficult history were likely very religious in this sense.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:10 am
ehBeth wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Anything is possible.

Of course I did. He tried to respond to my hypothetical situation with the rule of law, which I infer does not apply in cases of terrorists present on U.S. soil.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:37 am
Foofie wrote:
And correct/true/factual! There is a fairly new book that explains the concept that we Americans are congregants to a faith called Americanism.

and it's written in red, white, and blue crayon. (the parts that make sense are written in white.)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:40 am
Foofie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
foofie wrote:

fascinating.

And correct/true/factual! There is a fairly new book that explains the concept that we Americans are congregants to a faith called Americanism. Not all Americans are othodox believers, so to speak. But, those that got this country to survive a few hundred years of difficult history were likely very religious in this sense.

What you describe is a dangerous concept, and one that I will fight my entire life against. And I'm a proud American.

The funny thing is that you don't even seem to understand, historically, that what you mention isn't unique in the slightest and has consistently lead to ruin for the countries involved.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:43 am
Yes too much lead can be hazardous to ones health. 40 grains is more than sufficient but 180 grains is faster.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:07 pm
cjhsa wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Anything is possible.

Of course I did. He tried to respond to my hypothetical situation with the rule of law, which I infer does not apply in cases of terrorists present on U.S. soil.

Please don't ever try to draw inferences from any source material. Drawing inferences requires a mind capable of critical thought. Just do as you're told by a competent authority.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
God bless America.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5923/patriotic1re9.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:34 pm
If those are fake she should sue her plastic surgeon. Those points are not sitting way up high.

JTT - go back in you cave. Say hello to Osama for me and tell him I hope you both enjoy the camels in hell.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 05:23 pm
cjhsa wrote:

JTT - go back in you cave.

what? are you moving ?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 05:28 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Bullshit. Pick your side. Defend it, or not. If you won't, I cannot defend you. Despite what you might think, our soldiers do not defend your right to denegrate the U.S. flag. In fact, most of them would be happy to kick ass or worse on those that do.

And there is the flaw in your thinking.
I am a retired marine, and when I enlisted the oath I swore included the words "to defend the constitution".
That includes defending the Bill of Rights.
On the BoR is the right to freedom of speech.
As a soldier, I swore to defend the right to free speech, even if I disagree with what is being said.

To say that I wont defend someones right to denigrate the flag shows that you dont know what the military really does, or the oath we take.
To paraphrase my mom..."I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

I dont agree with many of the posters on this site, but I will never say they dont have the right to say something

As for "defending to the last man", that goes against all military tactics and against the UCMJ.
When there is no hope of winning and there is no chance of rescue, it is sound policy to surrender, especially if you have wounded.
That gets medical help for your wounded, and allows you to tie down enemy forces to guard you.

You are showing me that you have a serious lack of knowledge about how things are done.

excellent response mystery.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 07:32 pm
cjhsa wrote:
If those are fake she should sue her plastic surgeon. Those points are not sitting way up high.

JTT - go back in you sic cave. Say hello to Osama for me and tell him I hope you both enjoy the camels in hell.

Two stellar examples of CJ's critical thinking skills.
0 Replies