The US is a great place to be anti-American

tinygiraffe

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 09:52 pm
tico, let's face it- you don't just want us to love what america is, you want us to love what people like you are turning it into- something very opposite the kind of freedom we've been talking about for 200 years.

if you think you can hide all that b.s. behind a flag, you've got worse problems than insanity. if i'm crazy, (along with millions of other americans) they do make meds for crazy. if you're just stupid, there's no hope there- sorry.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 05:59 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
tico, let's face it- you don't just want us to love what america is, you want us to love what people like you are turning it into- something very opposite the kind of freedom we've been talking about for 200 years.

if you think you can hide all that b.s. behind a flag, you've got worse problems than insanity. if i'm crazy, (along with millions of other americans) they do make meds for crazy. if you're just stupid, there's no hope there- sorry.

The only freedoms I see being taken away are the ones that we should be holding most dear, like our right to bear arms and to harvest from nature. If you are a law abiding citizen, what other rights have you lost? Please do tell.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 08:06 am
JTT wrote:
Foofie wrote:
... and about face marches.

An about face would be nice, Foofie. It would illustrate a mind that refuses to march in lockstep to the drumbeat of this incessant insanity.

You're being intrusive while I'm trying to stay in step. Left, left, left, right, left.

And, don't define my flag waving. I value my flag and the country it represents.

Just the other night on Frontline (PBS tv) there were marchers in a parade, in a Middle Eastern country, stepping on an American flag that was on the ground. It was very easy to understand the sentiment. I raise my American flag high in the air, to keep it from the feet of those marchers.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:07 am
Foofie wrote:
JTT wrote:
Foofie wrote:
... and about face marches.

An about face would be nice, Foofie. It would illustrate a mind that refuses to march in lockstep to the drumbeat of this incessant insanity.

You're being intrusive while I'm trying to stay in step. Left, left, left, right, left.

And, don't define my flag waving. I value my flag and the country it represents.

To value it and your country is fine. To demand that all follow strict guidelines for expressing this very personal feeling is summed up perfectly by the picture Blatham supplied.

That you, and some others, can't grasp that difference has been duly noted by other here but it bears repeating. If there is freedom to worship, there must also be freedom to not worship.

And those who demand obeisance to what they think is right demean not only the ideal but also the instrument, the flag.

Just the other night on Frontline (PBS tv) there were marchers in a parade, in a Middle Eastern country, stepping on an American flag that was on the ground. It was very easy to understand the sentiment. I raise my American flag high in the air, to keep it from the feet of those marchers.

Too late. It's toast.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:10 am
I cannot fathom how someone like JTT is allowed to continue to post here or any other US based website. Freedom of speech does not include treason.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:15 am
cjhsa wrote:
I cannot fathom how someone like JTT is allowed to continue to post here or any other US based website. Freedom of speech does not include treason.

That's the trouble with having a small mind, C. It cannot fathom much beyond what sustains it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:19 am
cjhsa wrote:

Pft, JTT is free to say what he wishes. It's up to the rest of us to either ignore it or criticize and debase him for the crap he spews.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:26 am
You know what I mean and it certainly isn't of small mind. We will defend our borders and our flag to the last man. You want to stomp on the flag, go ahead, but you better make sure I don't see you.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:35 am
cjhsa wrote:
You know what I mean and it certainly isn't of small mind. We will defend our borders and our flag to the last man. You want to stomp on the flag, go ahead, but you better make sure I don't see you.

Defend our flag to the last man?
Dude, that is some seriously funny ****. You're the guy who has threatened people on this website....American people. You wont' defend their right to free thought and free speech, but you will defend a flag to the last man?

You have some seriously f*cked up values man.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:36 am
Ticomaya wrote:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2696/0876la.gif

McGentrix wrote:

Two peas in a pod.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:42 am
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Two peas in a pod.

Thanks! I can think of very few better compliments.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:46 am
candidone1 wrote:

Dude, that is some seriously funny ****. You're the guy who has threatened people on this website....American people. You wont' defend their right to free thought and free speech, but you will defend a flag to the last man?

Bullshit. Pick your side. Defend it, or not. If you won't, I cannot defend you. Despite what you might think, our soldiers do not defend your right to denegrate the U.S. flag. In fact, most of them would be happy to kick ass or worse on those that do.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:47 am
McG, Tico, Cjsha, and the rest of you lot really do debase your own flag and the "ideals" it supposedly encompasses.

That you fail to grasp this not at all subtle distinction, is not really all that surprising considering the content of your postings.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:49 am
JTT wrote:

That you fail to grasp this not at all subtle distinction, is not really all that surprising considering the content of your postings.

McGentrix wrote:
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Two peas in a pod.

Thanks! I can think of very few better compliments.

I rest my case.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:51 am
JTT wrote:
McG, Tico, Cjsha, and the rest of you lot really do debase your own flag and the "ideals" it supposedly encompasses.

I can see the steam coming off of that post.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:55 am
cjhsa wrote:
JTT wrote:

I couldn't read past the glaring irony.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:59 am
McGentrix wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
JTT wrote:

I couldn't read past the glaring irony.

I couldn't read past the greasemonkey.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 10:04 am
Foofie,

Quote:

So?

So what?

Did it hurt you in any way? Did it hurt the US in any way?

Nope.

Like the other thread in the forum asked - when did Republicans become such whiny little babies? Seriously!

"ooh no! They stomped on our symbol! Whatever WILL we do??!?!!! This crushes all our hopes and plans!"

Geez

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 10:11 am
cjhsa wrote:
candidone1 wrote:

Bullshit. Pick your side. Defend it, or not. If you won't, I cannot defend you. Despite what you might think, our soldiers do not defend your right to denegrate the U.S. flag. In fact, most of them would be happy to kick ass or worse on those that do.

And there is the flaw in your thinking.
I am a retired marine, and when I enlisted the oath I swore included the words "to defend the constitution".
That includes defending the Bill of Rights.
On the BoR is the right to freedom of speech.
As a soldier, I swore to defend the right to free speech, even if I disagree with what is being said.

To say that I wont defend someones right to denigrate the flag shows that you dont know what the military really does, or the oath we take.
To paraphrase my mom..."I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

I dont agree with many of the posters on this site, but I will never say they dont have the right to say something

As for "defending to the last man", that goes against all military tactics and against the UCMJ.
When there is no hope of winning and there is no chance of rescue, it is sound policy to surrender, especially if you have wounded.
That gets medical help for your wounded, and allows you to tie down enemy forces to guard you.

You are showing me that you have a serious lack of knowledge about how things are done.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 10:16 am
mysteryman wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
candidone1 wrote:

And there is the flaw in your thinking.
I am a retired marine, and when I enlisted the oath I swore included the words "to defend the constitution".
That includes defending the Bill of Rights.
On the BoR is the right to freedom of speech.
As a soldier, I swore to defend the right to free speech, even if I disagree with what is being said.

To say that I wont defend someones right to denigrate the flag shows that you dont know what the military really does, or the oath we take.
To paraphrase my mom..."I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

I dont agree with many of the posters on this site, but I will never say they dont have the right to say something

As for "defending to the last man", that goes against all military tactics and against the UCMJ.
When there is no hope of winning and there is no chance of rescue, it is sound policy to surrender, especially if you have wounded.
That gets medical help for your wounded, and allows you to tie down enemy forces to guard you.

You are showing me that you have a serious lack of knowledge about how things are done.

Thank you MM.

He doesn't understand how things are done, b/c he isn't a real soldier, but a pretend one.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies