The US is a great place to be anti-American

cjhsa

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:31 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's one of the reasons I support mandatory public financing combined with severe restrictions on campaign funding. Get the money out of politics!

Cycloptichorn

Uh, but they are in charge of the money.....

And public financing? Bullshit - then the most popular douchebag in the early running will always win. What you propose is not democracy, it's a popularity contest. I'm the lineman who tells the QB he's a douchbag....

You're not anyone at all, actually. Nobody at all. Not a person.

Cycloptichorn

Thrice the man you'll ever be... get out your calculator...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:33 pm
shiksa is the man, gonads in both his cheeks, not unlike a squirrel.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:34 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's one of the reasons I support mandatory public financing combined with severe restrictions on campaign funding. Get the money out of politics!

Cycloptichorn

Uh, but they are in charge of the money.....

And public financing? Bullshit - then the most popular douchebag in the early running will always win. What you propose is not democracy, it's a popularity contest. I'm the lineman who tells the QB he's a douchbag....

You're not anyone at all, actually. Nobody at all. Not a person.

Cycloptichorn

Thrice the man you'll ever be... get out your calculator...

Somebody who isn't a person can't be three times someone who is.

Braggadocio and posturing are so passé, don't you realize that yet?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:35 pm
I didn't realize Hillary was already president and cut off all our balls. My mistake.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:36 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I didn't realize Hillary was already president and cut off all our balls. My mistake.

It's understandable; you looked down, and then extrapolated.

Ahh, enough fun for today.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:37 pm
cjhsa wrote:
If you don't have them, you can't lose them. You're safe shiksa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
I'm safe, but only because I've taken measures to protect myself from communal, smelly hippies such as yourselves.

Here's some soap and a quarter - go the to Y and get a shower and buy a clue.

Here's a free tip: Hillary is a communist (no wonder you love her).
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 08:39 pm
You're either 11 years old or, ... forget it.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 07:33 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Foofie wrote:
tinygiraffe wrote:
grade schools exist partially to indoctrinate people.

they're doing a fine job, leaving that bit out. but let's stand and worship the flag now, okay boys and girls?

Yes, the 3 R's (reading, (w)riting, and (a)rithmetic, plus get the little children to one day join the respective society they live in and function as contributing citizens. What's wrong with that???

And, no sarcasm needed, but some people do consider the U.S. flag akin to a holy document. So, why mock them? You are entitled to NOT worshiping the U.S. flag. Would you want to be mocked for any of your beliefs?

The idea that U.S. flag is akin to a "holy document" is a very dangerous idea. Like any "holy" document... it suggests that people should turn off their minds, stop questioning and accept what they are told simply because it has the "official seal of holiness".

Blind worship for the US flag is used for all kinds of questionable causes... from punishing dissent to inspiring racial hatred. (I am not against the US flag as a symbol of Americans values-- I am against making it "holy" and unquestionable).

What you are calling "mockery" is really just free speech in defense of true American values.

When people are using the American flag to stifle dissent and rile up hatred, mockery is a completely appropriate response.

Don't try to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge (in that you are the true owner of the correct belief). If it's my opinion that the American Flag is a holy document, then that is my opinion, whether or not you choose to consider that opinion dangerous. I hate to point this out, but how did your "opinion" become objective truth? Perhaps, you should preface your opinions with, "It's my opinion..."; otherwise, I, in my naive way, can misconstrue that you might be just pontificating.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 07:50 am
Foofie wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Foofie wrote:
tinygiraffe wrote:

they're doing a fine job, leaving that bit out. but let's stand and worship the flag now, okay boys and girls?

Yes, the 3 R's (reading, (w)riting, and (a)rithmetic, plus get the little children to one day join the respective society they live in and function as contributing citizens. What's wrong with that???

And, no sarcasm needed, but some people do consider the U.S. flag akin to a holy document. So, why mock them? You are entitled to NOT worshiping the U.S. flag. Would you want to be mocked for any of your beliefs?

The idea that U.S. flag is akin to a "holy document" is a very dangerous idea. Like any "holy" document... it suggests that people should turn off their minds, stop questioning and accept what they are told simply because it has the "official seal of holiness".

Blind worship for the US flag is used for all kinds of questionable causes... from punishing dissent to inspiring racial hatred. (I am not against the US flag as a symbol of Americans values-- I am against making it "holy" and unquestionable).

What you are calling "mockery" is really just free speech in defense of true American values.

When people are using the American flag to stifle dissent and rile up hatred, mockery is a completely appropriate response.

Don't try to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge (in that you are the true owner of the correct belief). If it's my opinion that the American Flag is a holy document, then that is my opinion, whether or not you choose to consider that opinion dangerous. I hate to point this out, but how did your "opinion" become objective truth? Perhaps, you should preface your opinions with, "It's my opinion..."; otherwise, I, in my naive way, can misconstrue that you might be just pontificating.

You, clearly not unique possessor of the correct belief, have no claim on exemption from criticism of your voiced ideas or from mockery of them. Tough luck.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:08 am
Yep. America is a great place to be anti-American. You can tell simply by the postings here.

Some foreign people see their flag as nothing more then a piece of cloth and that is fine for them. Some Americans see their flag as nothing more then a piece of cloth as well, and I question that.

http://www.iwojima.com/raising/lflaga2.gif

Tell them it's just a piece of cloth.

http://windsofchange.net/images/9-11_firemans_flag_full.jpg

http://www.usdat.us/secretary/archives/US_flag_burning_2a.jpg

Tell them it's just a piece of cloth...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:12 am
blatham wrote:
Foofie wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Foofie wrote:
tinygiraffe wrote:

You, clearly not unique possessor of the correct belief, have no claim on exemption from criticism of your voiced ideas or from mockery of them. Tough luck.

Kind of like the way I feel about your idiotic positions/opinions.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:17 am
McGentrix wrote:
http://www.iwojima.com/raising/lflaga2.gif

Tell them it's just a piece of cloth....

I'm afraid one cannot tell them. I believe the last of these guys died a few months ago..
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:23 am
Each fusillade of wit from you has wounded me deeply. My eyesight dims and I can barely set one foot in front of the other. In intelligence, education, originality of thought and independence of mind I am no match for you, woiyo. I am all aquiver in your presence.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 09:27 am
blatham wrote:
Each fusillade of wit from you has wounded me deeply. My eyesight dims and I can barely set one foot in front of the other. In intelligence, education, originality of thought and independence of mind I am no match for you, woiyo. I am all aquiver in your presence.

Why do you respond then? Rolling Eyes

You are correct, you are no match.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 09:54 am
Quote:

It's just a piece of cloth. They knew it. They all knew it.

It's what the cloth represents that matters.

You're a fool if you feel any differently.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 11:55 am
i bet that piece of cloth has no trouble getting healthcare. now how about 1 in 7 americans?

oh sorry, i mean: "for which it stands... blah blah blah blah homoerotic flag worship... amen!" get a room, mcgent...
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 12:47 pm
Iraqi blood is 'on your hands,' anti-war protester tells Condi by David Edwards and Nick Juliano
Published: Wednesday October 24, 2007

Condoleezza Rice appeared agitated but generally unfazed when an anti-war protester waved blood-red hands in her face, accusing the secretary of state of being a "war criminal."

"Blood of millions of Iraqis is on your hands," the protester told Rice, who was President Bush's national security adviser when he decided to invade Iraq.

"War criminal! ... War Criminal!" the black-clad, "blood"-soaked protester screamed as authorities dragged her from a hearing room on Capitol Hill. "Take her to the Hague."

Rice was testifying to the House Foreign Relations Committee Wednesday, where she continued what some critics see as the Bush administration's drumbeat to war with Iran.

"We are very concerned that the policies of Iran constitute perhaps the single greatest challenge to American security interests in the Middle East and around the world," Rice said.

Although video of Wednesday's hearing shows only one protester getting in Rice's face, Capitol Police quickly removed several members of the anti-war group Code Pink who appeared to have caused no disturbance. (Code Pink members have disrupted administration officials' testimony in the past.)

"Stop, you're hurting me, what are you doing," one of the women yelled as she was forced from the Congressional hearing.

The following video is from CBS.com, broadcast on October 23, 2007.
video http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071024/thumb.87cb1b2a7b8f48e68d73b1de73b6b119.rice_us_iraq_dccd101.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 12:50 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

And you leftists wonder why your patriotism is questioned.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 12:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

And you leftists wonder why your patriotism is questioned.

Yes, we do wonder why our Patriotism is questioned.

See, loving your country has nothing at all to do with imbuing undue importance upon a piece of cloth. Nothing at all.

You're very simple-minded for an intelligent person, yaknow?

It reminds me of a passage from King's Salem's Lot.

Quote:

An important quote in the book is where the priest, Father Callahan comes face to face with the vampire Barlow. Callahan picks up a cross that begins to glow. Barlow challenges the priest to throw down the cross and fight him faith to faith, good against evil. The priest is afraid to throw down the cross, the cross loses its glow, and the vampire forces the priest to drink his blood and then says:

"The cross -the bread and wine - the confessional - only symbols. Without faith the cross is only wood, the bread baked wheat, the wine sour grapes. If you had cast the cross away, you should have beaten me another night. In a way, I had hoped it might be so. It has been long since I had met a opponent of any real worth. The boy makes ten of you, false priest."

The flag is only a symbol, and you are a weakling for not realizing that.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies