Clitoral Hood Piercings

Sglass

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 03:49 pm
actually I rather like the little zip your lips number. do they have it in platinum with diamonds?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:21 pm
Jesus Christ.

Isn't part of the whole point of getting something like that to have people going "What the f?! That's just wrong! It's vile! Puke. Sick."

Laughing

Otherwise, it wouldn't be "different" enough. Cutting edge.

Hmm

How about an implant? Those are wild.

Scarification on the clit?

^^ now in that case, I'd be inclined to agree with Chai. It's a thing now, tho, scarification anywhere and everywhere.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:38 pm
actually when I'm not being flip and really think about it, is it not just another form of genital mutilation. very popular in some third world countries.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:46 pm
i think piercing and genital mutilation are as far apart as a scratch and amputation. plus, one is enforced upon children and young women (and many people think it an atrocious violation of human rights) and the other is absolutely voluntary, based on free will.
i am thoroughly unmoved and uninterested in what people do with their genitals of their free will. but i am very moved and feel strongly about the female genital mutilation... i myself feel that comparing the two is doing the topic of fgm great disfavor...kinda like comparing a drive by shooting to the Holocaust... those are just my gut feelings though. I don't know enough about the genital piercings, but to each their own. i see no reason to liken them to such horrid things.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:56 pm
my mom, Wild Minnie, used to have a great saying when she did not know what to say:

"Each to thieir own as Mrs. O'Sullivan kissed the cow"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:02 pm
I don't think of it as mutilation. Perhaps amusing, if medically iffy sooner or later. Perhaps hysteric, as that old friend of mine said, not about clit jewels, but about a behavior of another person years ago, and even then, I argued about it, but remembered the comment. Surely not my business, what Honey rose does or doesn't choose to do. My interest is in the 'why would you do that' - which I dont fully get, re stimulation and diminuation, and I might make bets on percentage of guys liking it, and, of course, be right or wrong.

I did look up and review Honey's posts and there's one where she clearly states "I like attention".

Ah, but so what. All of us posting post to be heard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:19 pm
I think I remember the saying, Sglass.

Various piercings and tattoos are an art form, have been, worldwide, over centuries.

Sometimes recently they are self celebration, aside from specific cultural mores. Far less often, I take them as a scene of self hate, or reaction to it.

I'm not a psychologist/psychiatrist/analyst. I've seen one extreme and that's all, but it primed me to pay attention.

That's all my point was, to listen to yourself, think about yourself. I don't say this in a superior way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:40 pm
This is personal to Honey rose, but recent in her posts -

She is quite young, didn't like college (to us in the US it seems like city college), dropped it, found physics easy. She's obviously increasingly superb at language expression, and likes pretty stupid guys.
(Okay, okay, my impession).

I don't care about clits, except for the obvious re real mutilation, but I'd like to see H.rose here because of her brains, not clit twanging, or at least besides that.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 08:25 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
OUR a2k men, the cross-section of "normal" (i can dream) menfolk

First, define "normal."
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 08:38 pm
Well... I said I can dream, didn't I... I knew somebody would pick up that one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 08:56 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
i think piercing and genital mutilation are as far apart as a scratch and amputation. plus, one is enforced upon children and young women (and many people think it an atrocious violation of human rights) and the other is absolutely voluntary, based on free will.
i am thoroughly unmoved and uninterested in what people do with their genitals of their free will. but i am very moved and feel strongly about the female genital mutilation... i myself feel that comparing the two is doing the topic of fgm great disfavor...kinda like comparing a drive by shooting to the Holocaust... those are just my gut feelings though. I don't know enough about the genital piercings, but to each their own. i see no reason to liken them to such horrid things.

Brava!!!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:31 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

Quoting from francis' link.

This piercing (inner and outer labia) was originally part of a praxis of chastity in ethiopia ancient rome india and persia
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:49 pm
all piercings and tattoos have long history. that doesn't mean that they mean the same thing today as they did then.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:56 pm
For example:

EAR LOBE PIERCING HISTORY

The ear-lobe was probably man's first attempt at body piercing due to the ease with which it can be pierced. The oldest mummified body in the world was found frozen in an Austrian Glacier in 1991, tests showed the body to be over 5,000 years old. The body had pierced ears and the holes had been enlarged to 7-11mm diameter.

Ears were probably first pierced for magical purposes, very many primitive tribes believe that demons can enter the body through the ear, because demons and spirits are supposed to be repelled by metal, ear-piercing prevents them entering the body. Sailors used to have an ear pierced to improve eyesight, and if the bodies washed up somewhere it would pay for a christian burial. In many societies ear piercing is done as a puberty ritual, in Borneo the Mother and Father each pierce one ear as a symbol of the child's dependance on their parents.

... more on history of various body piercings
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:59 am
I do agree with Dag's view of these piercings being something different from imposed mutilation, but sucking and licking pieces of metal, well, no thanks....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 03:23 am
I myself wouldnt't do it. I would also not eat fried tarantulas, while people in East Asia would consider them a delicacy (actually they're not tarantulas, i learned, but some bigger spider with thin legs....shudder). still, i won't go and tell them that they repulse me...which they don't. shrug, people are various.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 09:09 am
Sigh, I guess I live in a society of self imposed mutilation, of aging Barbi dolls with implants and tattoos that once above the knee are sagging below the knee and seersucker skin that has defied the surgeons knife to leave a timeless, strained smile.

Sorry if I offended you with my statement about 3rd world mutilations Dag, sometimes my choice of words is poor. I certainly did not mean to press your buttons, and it was not a political statement.

Scuse me, I have to go work on my new line of clit jewels for rabbits.

Wild Minnie's daughter that went wrong a lot.

Sglass
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:27 am
Well, I guess that's the point. What's mutilation for one person, is art for another (unless it's forced, then it's a whole another ballgame). Or a statement, or whatever is to people today. We do, indeed, practice a lot of self-inflicted "mutilation". But we have had done that for as long as human history goes, it seems. Or so the archaeologic evidence sugguests. Religion, rites, social class and social roles.... lotsa reasons. Today it's more or less a cultural statement, though I presume it still has spiritual reasons for some, especially tattoos. I wasn't offended at all, btw. To me it's an interesting 'social studies' question worth discussing, thus I chimed in.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:33 am
Semantics?

I almost would like for her to get it now, to tell us how she enjoys it or not.

Honey: do you have any other piercings or tattoos or self-adornments of this kind?

Curious.

Also curious what the spectrum at A2K has in terms of piercings, tats, etc. and how far is too far in relation to your own body.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:43 am
Well, at my age, I am more into preservation than self-mutilation.
I really can't picture myself with 80, much less being 80 years old
and having a skewed tattoo or a huge hole for giant button where once a small piercing stood.
0 Replies