Bridge Collapse - The Question Is...

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 05:57 am
Yes happycat, please do examine the personalities of those at A2K and choose carefully.

But whatever you do, don't respond to Dys's posts, despite the fact this is a public forum. Apparently he owns the place. He (and several others) also won't take any advice they don't want to hear, though the theme of A2K is "Ask a question".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:03 am
happycat wrote:

But I don't think dys posting that picture and making up his own caption is a parody. That was too well thought-out. It's worse than cjhsa's original post, as that Vietnamese girl is a grown woman and is still alive and well, and may very well be a poster on A2K for all he knows.

Some know what they are posting. Like dys did here. (And those being longer on this site, know that as well.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:06 am
??? Who knows.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:06 am
parados wrote:
happycat wrote:
I haven't said a word about 1st Amendment rights, and yes I know what a parody is.
But I don't think dys posting that picture and making up his own caption is a parody. That was too well thought-out. It's worse than cjhsa's original post, as that Vietnamese girl is a grown woman and is still alive and well, and may very well be a poster on A2K for all he knows.

You're all back-pedaling pretty good now.

Either people are entitled to find jokes inappropriate or they are not. Frankly, I find cj's attempt much more offensive than dys'.

When people step over the line, they are free to apologize or antagonize those they offended. Like a drunk at a funeral cj chose the second route.

And did you not step over the line when you told cjhsa what you wished him to do with his gun? (I notice that post has been pulled)

I don't care what cjhsa has posted in the past because I wasn't party to it. Those of you who do know him and his "type" of post, don't have to respond to him - unless you enjoy fighting.

I've only responded here to what I read on this particular thread. You all brought up things that relate to the past, of which I was not a part. You've condemned me because I spoke out.

To the several other posters that sent me pm's, thank you for your kind words. I only wish you would post them here on the thread rather than in private.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:07 am
It got pulled? Interesting.... thanks for the info.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:23 am
happycat wrote:
I don't care what cjhsa has posted in the past because I wasn't party to it.....

I've only responded here to what I read on this particular thread. You all brought up things that relate to the past, of which I was not a part. You've condemned me because I spoke out.

[/color]

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it....George Santayana
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:37 am
Please can't you guys just let this go? For the sake of the families involved.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:39 am
Chai, to avoid a situation like this in the future, why don't you and all the "Veteran Members" post a permanent thread listing all the A2K posters and their proclivities regarding anything with which you disagree.
That would save the rest of us a lot of posting time.

Thanks in advance.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:42 am
TTH wrote:

Come on TTH, you must realize that this no longer has anything to do with the tragedy of the bridge. This is an A2K civil war - like what's going on Iraq. Various sects have been unleashed and are battling it out. This could take decades - and billions of posts to resolve.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:45 am
GW - nah, I'm done. I've got stuff to do today and then I'm taking the boat out to float on the Chesapeake Bay.

Y'all have a nice weekend!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:45 am
happycat wrote:
parados wrote:
happycat wrote:
I haven't said a word about 1st Amendment rights, and yes I know what a parody is.

You're all back-pedaling pretty good now.

Either people are entitled to find jokes inappropriate or they are not. Frankly, I find cj's attempt much more offensive than dys'.

When people step over the line, they are free to apologize or antagonize those they offended. Like a drunk at a funeral cj chose the second route.

And did you not step over the line when you told cjhsa what you wished him to do with his gun? (I notice that post has been pulled)

I don't care what cjhsa has posted in the past because I wasn't party to it. Those of you who do know him and his "type" of post, don't have to respond to him - unless you enjoy fighting.

To the several other posters that sent me pm's, thank you for your kind words. I only wish you would post them here on the thread rather than in private.

Yes, I stepped over the line. I did it out of anger at the response of cj to the comments about his uncaring attitude. I stepped over the line out of my anger of being so close to the actual tragedy. I stepped over the line because cj posted a picture that contained a dozen rescue workers and the river that cars and bodies are in and made a joke about a porta potty that isn't the focus of the picture and represents the 30 or so road crew that could have been on the bridge when it went down, some of whom were still missing when cj made his joke. I was upset because cj barely waited 12 hours before he started making jokes about the death of others. I stepped over the line becuase even after it was pointed out to cj that HE had stepped over the line he didn't apologize, he only told me to take the gloves off. HE said he could "say what he wanted and do what he wanted." You expect me to laugh it off? If you want to join cj's cesspool, fine. Be that way. Did you make jokes 12 hours after the WTC collapsed? Would you wonder why anyone would be upset over those jokes?

Then cj claims he has a first amendment right to say what he said and a2K has no right to pull his comments. a2K has the right to pull my comments but the sentiment remains. I resent the SOB for his attitude in the face of the tragedy of others. This has NOTHING to do with previous run ins. I don't care WHO would have posted that joke at that time. You can find it funny being clear across the country. That's just fine but don't tell me that I have to do so.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:47 am
Happycat-I was the one who first responded to this entire mess. First of all, there is NO, I repeat, NO p.c. police. Second, anyone has the right to say what they want, as long as what they say does not go against the TOS. Third, anyone else can respond as they wish (with the same TOS caveat).

I still want my answer as to what you think of the A2K barbeque and marshmallow roast. Rolling Eyes

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2789774#2789774
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:49 am
Green Witch wrote:
TTH wrote:

Come on TTH, you must realize that this no longer has anything to do with the tragedy of the bridge. This is an A2K civil war - like what's going on Iraq. Various sects have been unleashed and are battling it out. This could take decades - and billions of posts to resolve.
I do realize that Green Witch, but I also feel this is not the thread to continue this battle imho.
I would think you (those involved) could be adult enough to start a different thread, that's all.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:50 am
A2K has no rights to pull my comments? News to me.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:52 am
happycat wrote:
GW - nah, I'm done. I've got stuff to do today and then I'm taking the boat out to float on the Chesapeake Bay.

Isn't it nice that you can just laugh and forget the tragedy that caused this inappropriate joke.

I get to spend my entire weekend looking at blocked off streets in that area.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:57 am
Here ya go folks.

"I'm sorry if I offended anyone."

At the same time, please realize that much of the reason I'm here is because of the offensive claptrap that has been posted on both Abuzz and A2K over the years. And remember, "It's all Bush's fault".
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:59 am
parados wrote:
happycat wrote:

Isn't it nice that you can just laugh and forget the tragedy that caused this inappropriate joke.

Yep, it is nice. However, as I drive across the bridge over the Susquehanna on the way to my marina I'll be thinking about how those people felt as they were free-fallling 50' down. As I'm pulling out of the slip into the deep water I'll be thinking about what it would be like to be trapped in a car underneath it.
Yes, I'll be thinking about it for days and for as long as the coverage is on the news. Just like I though about NY on and after 9/11.

But life goes on for those of us not affected personally.

I'm very sorry that your streets are blocked off and you have to drive out of your way.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:59 am
parados- I think that you have come up with an interesting point. One of the reasons that you are upset by the incident, is that it happened near where you are. After all, you could have been on that bridge.

There are some people who cannot empathize with anything that does not affect them personally. I think that that is what you are seeing here.

Many years before I moved to Florida, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, the bridge that connects Hillsborough (Tampa) to Pinellas County (St. Petersburgh) collapsed.

http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/bridges/skyway.htm

They built a new bridge, but you could see the skeleton of the old, when you crossed it. Eventually, they turned the two ends of the old bridge into a fishing pier. It is very lovely, but I am always reminded of the tragedy when I see it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 07:00 am
cjhsa wrote:
Here ya go folks.

"I'm sorry if I offended anyone."

At the same time, please realize that much of the reason I'm here is because of the offensive claptrap that has been posted on both Abuzz and A2K over the years. And remember, "It's all Bush's fault".

You can't even offer a simple apology without making excuses.

You do have no sense of decency.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 07:03 am
happycat wrote:
parados wrote:
happycat wrote:

Yep, it is nice. However, as I drive across the bridge over the Susquehanna on the way to my marina I'll be thinking about how those people felt as they were free-fallling 50' down. As I'm pulling out of the slip into the deep water I'll be thinking about what it would be like to be trapped in a car underneath it.
Yes, I'll be thinking about it for days and for as long as the coverage is on the news. Just like I though about NY on and after 9/11.

But life goes on for those of us not affected personally.

I'm very sorry that your streets are blocked off and you have to drive out of your way.

My GOD, how silly are you? The blocked off streets are not an inconvienence but a constant reminder. Did you tell NYers you were sorry they had to avoid a big hole in lower Manhatten?
0 Replies