Bridge Collapse - The Question Is...

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:21 pm
I can't friggin' believe this whole thread.
I think most of you are just using this as an excuse to lash out at another poster - it can't possibly be because of a silly comment to a published photo.

I read cjhsa's comments on the original bridge thread and I think his true feelings about the tragedy came through loud and clear.

Does anyone here actually think that he would make light of the seriousness of this situation? Or is he just repeating a joke about a photograph? I know I haven't been here all that long, but I prefer to believe it's the latter.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:24 pm
happycat wrote:
I can't friggin' believe this whole thread.
I think most of you are just using this as an excuse to lash out at another poster - it can't possibly be because of a silly comment to a published photo.

I read cjhsa's comments on the original bridge thread and I think his true feelings about the tragedy came through loud and clear.

Does anyone here actually think that he would make light of the seriousness of this situation? Or is he just repeating a joke about a photograph? I know I haven't been here all that long, but I prefer to believe it's the latter.

Rolling Eyes
many of us know Shiksa from years of his posting, yes he would make light of anything ugly. For an unusual experience click on his name and read just a few of his lasted posts on any topic and discover for yourself.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:50 pm
I feel dirty for laughing at the comment which accompanied the photo dys posted.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:59 pm
Sometimes when I look at that fellow in the stetson hat I can swear I see a set of fangs and a glimpse of red in his eyes.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:23 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Shiksa's biggest laugh in decades; "Mom, I can't find the Porta-potti"

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/napalm.jpg

What is the difference between what cjhsa did and what dyslexia did right here? Please, someone explain that to me.
It seems to me that he took a famous photo of a horrible situation and put his own caption to it - cjhsa did not think of nor post the caption, dyslexia did.

In fact, I think what dys just did is far far worse...and sickening.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:53 pm
I'm a famous to myself early prude here on a2k about jokes about midgets, fat people, and so on. Maybe I've repressed what else I got all riled about.

I righted my boat, in my own sense of it, in that I do think all of life is fodder for contemplation, and so all of life is grist for comment, wit, even .. ordinary humor. Because real wit is a measure of perspective...
I stopped protesting stuff in the humor forum, once I rethought.

In the humor forum or not, usually I consider the source and move on, as 'humor' is also a sharp stick that flattens to floss when it lacks compassion at its base. Which attempts are which vary according to the reader.

Irony is also a matter that is little understood by many.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:57 pm
happycat wrote:

You go for it girl, make your point.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:01 pm
dyslexia wrote:
happycat wrote:

You go for it girl, make your point.

Is that all ya got? I think you're embarassed because you just realized that what you did was worse than what cjhsa did.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:13 pm
happycat....

dys did that as an example of something cj would do...

it was a parody.

he wasn't joking, he was showing what cj is capable of....note that he says "shiksa's best laugh in ages"...that is what he calls cj
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:15 pm
I find it strange that at this precise time, this thread has only 3 less posts than the "serious" thread about the bridge collapse.

What does that tell us? That the pc police are more concerned about what we say about the collapse, than a discussion about the actual incident?

<shaking>
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:18 pm
Chai wrote:
happycat....

it was a parody.

he wasn't joking, he was showing what cj is capable of....

Oh Chai, how silly. Don't stick up for dys!! He is the one that thought of that example, he is the one that thought of that caption, and he is the one that posted it!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:29 pm
happycat, you can legimately defend Shiksa to your hearts content, I don't mind. You can even, as, as he does, happycat, offer 1st amendment rights however silly that is. but, at the same time, you have to offer me the same right. Btw me friends call me Dys, you can spell Dyslexia I presume. If not, I prefer you don't respond to my posts.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:37 pm
happycat wrote:
Chai wrote:
happycat....

it was a parody.

he wasn't joking, he was showing what cj is capable of....

Oh Chai, how silly. Don't stick up for dys!! He is the one that thought of that example, he is the one that thought of that caption, and he is the one that posted it!!

happycat, do you need a scorecard or something....?

do you understand what the word parody means?

just like you pretended to make up a joke you thought I would tell, dys...who knows much better than you do what cj is like, gave an example of a joke cj would tell about that picture.

seriously, before you go any further, you might want to spend some time investigating the personalities of various people here.

btw, I'll stick up for whoever I want to....and although dys hardly needs anyone to defend him, if he needed someone to stick up for him, I'd be right there.

I think you're a little mixed up as far as some peoples character, or lack of, around here.

I'll say no more, you'll have to figure it out for yourself, you're an adult.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:40 pm
Chai wrote:

As an adult, I feel insulted and hurt by that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:42 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Chai wrote:

As an adult, I feel insulted and hurt by that.

that's your right to say that....by the first amendment I believe.

hey! did this post surpass the "serious" thread?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:44 pm
Hot damn!

we're 4 posts past it!

now I can turn my attention to the pro-life, pro-choice threads...they're way ahead.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:50 pm
I haven't said a word about 1st Amendment rights, and yes I know what a parody is.
But I don't think dys posting that picture and making up his own caption is a parody. That was too well thought-out. It's worse than cjhsa's original post, as that Vietnamese girl is a grown woman and is still alive and well, and may very well be a poster on A2K for all he knows.

You're all back-pedaling pretty good now.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:55 pm
happycat, I have one question for you...

What planet are you from?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 07:52 pm
happycat wrote:

Yes. It is generally safer to keep one's distance from crazy people.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 08:12 pm
happycat wrote:
I haven't said a word about 1st Amendment rights, and yes I know what a parody is.
But I don't think dys posting that picture and making up his own caption is a parody. That was too well thought-out. It's worse than cjhsa's original post, as that Vietnamese girl is a grown woman and is still alive and well, and may very well be a poster on A2K for all he knows.

Either people are entitled to find jokes inappropriate or they are not. Frankly, I find cj's attempt much more offensive than dys'.

When people step over the line, they are free to apologize or antagonize those they offended. Like a drunk at a funeral cj chose the second route.
0 Replies