Bridge Collapse - The Question Is...

happycat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:15 pm
There was a lot of death humor on this very popular HBO show.

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:20 pm
happycat wrote:
With all due respect Phoenix, I don't see where that is at all relative to this. To insult or make fun of a person face to face on tv is not the same as making a joke about an inanimate object in a photograph.

It wasn't the photograph, but what the photograph represented. These were REAL people, going home after a hard day's work, and minding their business. They were faced with one of the most horrendous things that could happen to a person.

As far as Six Feet Under, it is a show, it is fiction. I like "gallows humor" as much as anyone, but not at the expense of people living a tragedy.

Let's say your house burned down, and there was a picture of the fire on A2K. Someone decides to start a thread about roasting marshmallows and hot dogs. What would you think about that?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:39 pm
Now, what would really be funny would be if they recovered the body of a man who had fallen into the river and drowned. The really funny part, Shiksa will really have a hoot with this one; is if the body of the man that was recovered had been in the porta-poty and his pants were still twisted around his ankles so that he couldn't swim to the shore to save his life and drowned right there in the middle of the river; man this is just a laugh riot Shiksa, the man was taking a dump in the porta-potty and when the bridge started falling he jumped up and ran out but his pants were still down around his ankles. The stupid slub (probably a liberal) is dead because he still had his pants down around his ankles. You're a real laugh Shiksa. Keep them coming.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:44 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Then blame the guys in my office. I stole the idea. Geesh.

So you're not a red-blooded American male?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:48 pm
Just a thought.......

Put yourself in someone's elses shoes. What if there are out of state relatives who have loved ones that cross that bridge.
They call their relatives house and there is no answer.

They get on the internet to try and find something out, anything, because they are worried sick. Would you like to be that person
and come across a thread like this? Think about it because there are dead people in those cars crushed under concrete and it is going
to take days to get those cars out.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:51 pm
I must admit I was a bit shocked to see the bridge story under the humor forum.

I don't really see how it's funny and my heart goes out to all those who have been affected by it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:40 pm
What I wonder, is if any of these liberal numbnuts who like to attack me at every turn, realize that they are a threat to their own 1st amendment rights by attempting to censor me?

This wasn't intended to happen - but they track me around A2K like cats after prey. Then they find out I'm a porcupine...

When I saw that picture this AM, my first thought was of course how awful for those folks - my heart goes out to them. My second thought was about the bridges we all cross every day and what dangers they may present. My third thought was maybe it was terrorism. My fourth thought was - there's a porta-john right there and that's damn funny.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but it is my 1st amendment right to do so. Please support the 2A as well. One doesn't work without the other.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:42 pm
I support your right to make an ass of yourself any damn time you please.

I also have the right to make fun of you....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:44 pm
Oh, yes.

Don't forget that posting on a commercially supported message board is not the same thing as exercising your first amendment rights.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:46 pm
cjhsa wrote:
What I wonder, is if any of these liberal numbnuts who like to attack me at every turn, realize that they are a threat to their own 1st amendment rights by attempting to censor me?

This wasn't intended to happen - but they track me around A2K like cats after prey. Then they find out I'm a porcupine...

When I saw that picture this AM, my first thought was of course how awful for those folks - my heart goes out to them. My second thought was about the bridges we all cross every day and what dangers they may present. My third thought was maybe it was terrorism. My fourth thought was - there's a porta-john right there and that's damn funny.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but it is my 1st amendment right to do so. Please support the 2A as well. One doesn't work without the other.
Yes indeed your 1st amendment right is very important, please keep posting Shiksa, you're a laugh a minute. BTY please relay to AG Gonzales that my 4th amendment right is also very important.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:48 pm
cjhsa -

Quote:
Article [I.]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If I have to cite this one more time, I am going to scream. The 1st amendment has to do with Congress, not interactions amongst private citizens.

You have the right to say what you want on A2K (as long as it is consonant with its TOS, to which you have agreed when you signed up for the site.) I have the right to respond the way that I want.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:51 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
cjhsa -

Quote:
Article [I.]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If I have to cite this one more time, I am going to scream. The 1st amendment has to do with Congress, not interactions amongst private citizens.

You have the right to say what you want on A2K (as long as it is consonant with its TOS, to which you have agreed when you signed up for the site.) I have the right to respond the way that I want.
I demand by my rights given to me by the 1st amendment that Shiska be banned permanently from a2k.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:57 pm
And there ya go. I seem to have aggravated the libhive.

Dys dropped me a PM some time ago and called me a name, out of the blue - hadn't even been interacting with him. If the mods leave him up and take me down, they might as well abandon A2K, because there is no reason for it to exist in that state.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:58 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
cjhsa -

Quote:
Article [I.]

So, what are you implying? If you met me face to face, what would you do?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:59 pm
I'm telling my mom on all of you.

AND none of you are invited to my birthday party.

SO THERE!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:01 pm
Gargamel wrote:
I'm telling my mom on all of you.

AND none of you are invited to my birthday party.

SO THERE!

Damn, I spent a lot of time finding that Koolaid Electric Blue iPhone for your present....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:04 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Dys dropped me a PM some time ago and called me a name, out of the blue - hadn't even been interacting with him. If the mods leave him up and take me down, they might as well abandon A2K, because there is no reason for it to exist in that state.

Yes I did and the entire pm was
Quote:
I think you are a moron.
It was May 22nd 2007
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:05 pm
This thread is about as funny as some 9/11 jokes that showed up in my email one day.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:05 pm
dyslexia wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Yes I did and the entire pm was
Quote:
I think you are a moron.
It was May 22nd 2007

Are you now saying you are not a moron?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 04:13 pm
Shiksa's biggest laugh in decades; "Mom, I can't find the Porta-potti"

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/napalm.jpg
0 Replies