I met a girl.

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 11:04 pm
We need a cheer -

Kicky should go! Kicky should go!

Or something maybe a little catchier! lol...

yeah, like...

Go, Kicky, Go! Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 11:18 pm
<jumps up and down shaking pom poms>
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:07 am
I prefer women who will go slam dancing and have sex on the first date.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:25 am
Sounds like you might have freaked her out my East cost brother. Time for some radical tactics. Do not try and contact her let her contact you. She may be getting that "stalker vibe".

And cool it with the elaborate dates. The concert was a mistake, at least with some girls.

Take it from Amigo. When it comes to the babes, I'm the Master.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:36 am
Oh pooh.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:39 am
Are you coming on to me??

Will you go too a concert with me?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:46 am
That depends - which concert and are you paying?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:50 am
Shamu Rocks.

I got the tickits, you spring for gas.

http://www.seaworld.com/swf/as_shamu_rocks.aspx
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:57 am
Sorry to say, but I think I'd rather see Police Smile
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:09 am
I mean yea, the Police, that was a typo.

Shamu sucks.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:29 am
kickycan wrote:
You know, I did realize when I originally asked her to go that there was a chance that she would feel like I would be expecting something in return for the excellent concert tickets. But I just felt like it was going so well that it would be okay to take a little chance, especially since I really had nobody to go with, and really wanted to go, and probably won't go if I have to go alone. I really asked her more out of my own selfishness than because I was trying to screw her or anything. Such good seats! And the Fratellis are opening up for them! Aaaay, it's a crime to give them up!

I've thought about all this, and I think you should contact her again. Tell her a little nicer version of what you said above. Admit you really want to see The Police, but not alone. Mention that you enjoy her company and thought it would be a chance to have another nice date and see the band. Tell her you offered to pay because you knew it was a lot of money and didn't want to put her in an awkward situation of having to come up with $250 for a date. Admit you thought it might be a little bold to offer such an expensive date so early in the relationship, but your enthusiasm for the band and her nice company clouded your judgement. Say you're sorry (women love it when men say they're sorry) if you scared her, but maybe she could reconsider and the two of you could start over with the understanding that misunderstandings happen.

(PS To Gargamel: Don't torture yourself with Sex In the City reruns. I would happily go slumming with you amongst the Bridge and Tunnel people- and I'll even pay for my own bowl of noodles. A sense of humor is the best aphrodisiac IMHO.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:23 am
I agree with Gargamel. That'd be a bit much. I mean I know Kicky and I know he's cool but this gal JUST met him (a week ago) and it'd freak me out to be asked on such a huge date. And when this stuff was an issue, I didn't have $250 to throw around. If my options were a) pay my half or b) cancel, I probably would've canceled.

Sounds like she handled it really badly but I get that ^^^ part.

I think some sort of follow-up could work, though. That you understand, and no hard feelings, truly.

And Kicky, YOU gotta go!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:28 am
wow...I am sorry I went nighty night right after hitting submit....

kicky, from what you've said in the past, you seem more than willing to put effort into developing a relationship with someone you click with.

As respectfully as I can, I'm disagreeing with ragman and mame.

Sure, the easist thing to do would be to just say "this chicks got issues" and drop it. But, don't we all have issues.
I mean, not to sound stuck up, but I think I was a pretty good catch when I hooked up with Mr. Tea....but there was stuff I had to get comfortable with inside of me, and just needed time, and reassurance that I wasn't going to get dumped just because I wasn't all 100% stable in all aspects of my life.

The statement of "who's got time for that"?.....well, I do.....I have good friends that, when I first met them, maybe didn't seem they were worth someones investment. But people need to be allowed to open up in their own way, not on someone elses schedule.

The Police tickets are water under the bridge, maybe you should move forward from that.

IMO, I'd wait, not a month, but a week or two and call her again to ask her to do something low key...movies are good because if she's feeling awkward she has 2 hours of sitting next to you and essentially not talking, which would personally get me past the "awkward moment", then afterwards, you have a movie to talk about while you go for coffee or gelato or something.

If you wait for her to call...well, I don't think she would. But I honestly believe she would be wishing she could just pick up the phone and call you....but, well....she just can't.

Calling her before the month that you talked about with her is up will indicate that you really are interested, and couldn't wait that long.....but waiting a couple of weeks or 10 days will keep her from thinking you're a stalker.

Honestly, I'm such a romantic (in a pragmatic way), I just can't see giving up on someone you clicked with, and that clicked with you. I'm seriously thinking she just needs a little assurance patience and gentleness to get her over that awkward moment and let her blossom.

I can't remember if I read this or so it in a movie or just have this in my head, but I just have a picture of a person, any person in this world saying "Take the time to get to know me, I'm worth it"
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 07:15 am
hope it works out
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 07:32 am
btw, I agree with soz about not having $250 bucks to just toss out to pay for the other ticket. It's not like everyone has that much just sitting around.

What might have seemed like a good idea at the time i.e. offering to pay for her own ticket, the next day may have looked different when she realized the rent was due...even though kicky didn't take her up on her offer, she very well may have been thinking "wow, I'll bet he doesn't have that kind of money to just throw around either."

I dunno...I just reread all the posts, and it's making me feel...well, sad and down in the dumps that people would be so willing to just say I don't have time for this bs, or she probably did you a favor by cancelling. Like someone totally maintenance free and perfectly suited to you is just going to waltz into your life. Those people just don't exist, and if they did, they'd already be taken.

It isn't like she did something all outrageous or phyco out of the blue. God, give the poor girl a chance.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 07:54 am
I'm pretty sure I would've done exactly what that girl did when I was as old as she probably is (mid-20s?). In pretty much exactly the same way - because while there was no bullshit dithering my brain - I'd have had a hard time articulating it to a guy who I had met so VERY recently and to whom I was attracted.

You mustn't beat yourself up about the second beer, Kickycan - it definitely wasn't YOU.

Also, I wouldn't call her again so soon. Maybe after the month you talked about. Then, too, if you continue to feel the same way about her - I'd bear in mind that slooooowly is the way to go with this girl, that she needs some wooing. Nothing wrong with some old-fashioned wooing - I think it's charming and romantic.

I hope you go to the concert! Wouldn't you have - if this little blip hadn't happened?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:24 am
A real, live girl? You? Laughing

$250 ticket, late getting back, definitely might have been thinking you'd have expectations....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:35 am
_Heatwave_ wrote:
I'm pretty sure I would've done exactly what that girl did when I was as old as she probably is (mid-20s?).

If she's in her mid-20's, kicky likely misfired in any case. She could as easily be freaking about their age difference as the cost of the ticket or whatever set her off.

~~~

You don't need the extra work of sorting out someone else's issues, kicky.

~~~

Next time I'm in town, don't skip out - there's a lovely UWS casting director I can try to hook you up with. Age-appropriate, cooks, solvent. All that good stuff.

hmmmmm, maybe you've met her - she also gives acting classes.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:37 am
Mame wrote:
Kicky:

Well, call her up and say that if that's the condition that she'll go with you, you'll accept her money. You just really want to go, and you'd like her to go with you. Tell her you thought she was joking about paying for it.

I, personally, would be thinking "this guy's SERIOUS" if he offered to take me somewhere costing that much money so early on... unless he was made of money, of course, and threw it everywhere... maybe the cost is a statement to her of your intent?

However, I still stand by my feelings that she should have said more clearly, "I'd love to go with you but am uncomfortable with you paying for my ticket at this stage. I'll go if I can pay for it."

If she won't go with you, I will. Laughing (And I'll even let you pay for the ticket, heh heh)...I love Sting (and the Police, of course!)... I saw them both here in Vancouver, about 25 years apart!

The offer still stands Smile

Seriously, though... how are you feeling about all this today? Are you going to the concert regardless?
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:46 am
ehBeth wrote:
_Heatwave_ wrote:
I'm pretty sure I would've done exactly what that girl did when I was as old as she probably is (mid-20s?).

If she's in her mid-20's, kicky likely misfired in any case. She could as easily be freaking about their age difference as the cost of the ticket or whatever set her off.

Ooops! Looks like I'm off then. I thought/think Kickycan to be late-20s/early 30s. Well, scratch that part. The rest still stands.
0 Replies