I met a girl.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:55 pm
Getting serious with Chai, I could maybe understand it, shouldn't be soooo swift to dismiss.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:56 pm
Aaaaack, I missed a bunch of posts. Must read.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:56 pm
Gargamel wrote:

You wouldn't be freaked if a guy dropped $500 within a week of dating? That's hard to believe. It shouldn't be this way, but I feel like that would make most girls nervous.

That's about what dinner and a night at a club can cost you in Manhattan, especially if you take cabs. No it would not (did not) freak me out if I liked the guy and thought a relationship would be in the works.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:01 pm
Anyone want a couple great seats to The Police concert at Giant stadium this sunday? Great seats! Face value! Close to the stage!

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2007/may/29look1.jpg

Interested? Get back at me

kickytix.com
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:04 pm
Wish I still had single friends I could hook you up with.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:04 pm
Damn, I bet this story would sell these tickets on e-bay for a good chunk of change. Ya think?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:05 pm
kickycan wrote:
Damn, I bet this story would sell these tickets on e-bay for a good chunk. Ya think?

Go for it and we can post links on forums.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:08 pm
Probably won't. Way too embarrassing.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:21 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Gargamel wrote:

You wouldn't be freaked if a guy dropped $500 within a week of dating? That's hard to believe. It shouldn't be this way, but I feel like that would make most girls nervous.

That's about what dinner and a night at a club can cost you in Manhattan, especially if you take cabs. No it would not (did not) freak me out if I liked the guy and thought a relationship would be in the works.

Well, that depends on where you're eating on your second or third date, doesn't it? I've been to Manhattan.

But I don't know you. So emphasis on the "most girls" part of my post. Straight up though, most girls I know, most I've dated, wouldn't remotely be cool with a dinner over $100 on an early date. They'd be more down with a low-key Thai or Indian joint with some character.

What I should do is order Sex and the City from Netflix and bone up, as it were, on the "reality" of contemporary dating. I'll do some slummin' in Brooklyn, then shimmy on up to the Hamptons, live happily ever after, etc.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:25 pm
Kicky: my sincerest sympathies. IMHO, this person seems to have relationship issues, I think.

After about one year on Internet dating sites (this time around), I sure as hell can relate. I think she may have saved you from a bit of trouble down the road as she is ambivalent about dating now. Perhaps she might not be as ambivalent as she gets to know you, but IIWM (if it were me) I'd be hard-pressed to pursue anything. After all, you already HAVE the tix.

Hey, why didn't she just pay for the other ticket?

Or, maybe she didn't want that awkward time of waiting in line for the bus...and hassle on-the-bus time? Maybe it's more innocent than we all thought?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:34 pm
I agree with Ragman. Why not just come out and say, "That's too expensive for a second date, but if I can pay for the ticket (or pay half), then I'm in..." instead of acting all squirrelly.

I dunno, but I don't want to have relationships with people who can't be upfront and honest about how they're feeling, whatever it might be. Instead of telling you what she was thinking, look at what you're going through... all this angst - and it should have never even happened. You're on a chatboard analyzing a woman who could and should have told you what was what in 2 minutes or less.

I have no time for this BS anymore... does anyone, really?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:34 pm
Maybe I should e-mail her and tell her that I'm not going to call her.

Maybe I should tell her that I think she should just call me when she grows a pair.

Maybe not in those exact words.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:43 pm
hmm..Police, huh? I've never seen 'em yet. How 'bout if I put on a dress...?

Oddly enough...I actually am going to NJ this weekend...for a visit. English Township there's a big concert at the Raceway there ..with MY Internet date (now g/f)...to meet her son who is appearing as drummer for one of the groups on 'Warped Tour". He is ordinarily a booking agent who is filling in for a friend of his for 2 weeks for a group called Cinematic Sunset.

Cripes ....I'm 56..this should be interesting. Where are those ear plugs?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:44 pm
Well, Mame has just expressed better than I did my first thought (she's four).

I leave a little room to ask her what (in better words) this was all about, and see if you get a straight answer.

See if she wants to go with you to hawk the tickets...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:46 pm
Ragman wrote:
Kicky: my sincerest sympathies. IMHO, this person seems to have relationship issues, I think.

After about one year on Internet dating sites (this time around), I sure as hell can relate. I think she may have saved you from a bit of trouble down the road as she is ambivalent about dating now. Perhaps she might not be as ambivalent as she gets to know you, but IIWM (if it were me) I'd be hard-pressed to pursue anything. After all, you already HAVE the tix.

Hey, why didn't she just pay for the other ticket?

Or, maybe she didn't want that awkward time of waiting in line for the bus...and hassle on-the-bus time? Maybe it's more innocent than we all thought?

Oh jeez, sorry, I left the part of the story where she offered to pay for her ticket and I laughed and said no way.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to skew the story in any way by that omission. Just didn't think of it at the time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:50 pm
I am sorry to hear that, kicky, but you know yourself: NYC girls are
a bit hysterical. Out here we would say: go get a Valley girl, in NY you'd
have to go to Queens or Brooklyn.

Instead of internet dating services, you could enroll in a cooking class.
The girls who like to cook are more down to earth and less capricious.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:51 pm
Kicky:

Well, call her up and say that if that's the condition that she'll go with you, you'll accept her money. You just really want to go, and you'd like her to go with you. Tell her you thought she was joking about paying for it.

I, personally, would be thinking "this guy's SERIOUS" if he offered to take me somewhere costing that much money so early on... unless he was made of money, of course, and threw it everywhere... maybe the cost is a statement to her of your intent?

However, I still stand by my feelings that she should have said more clearly, "I'd love to go with you but am uncomfortable with you paying for my ticket at this stage. I'll go if I can pay for it."

If she won't go with you, I will. Laughing (And I'll even let you pay for the ticket, heh heh)...I love Sting (and the Police, of course!)... I saw them both here in Vancouver, about 25 years apart!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:56 pm
Green Witch wrote:
(Don't go nighty nite yet Chai - we've only begun analyzing this)

In reality, I would insist on paying for my own ticket if I thought the guy might be disappointed with my company OR if I felt I would be obligated to pay for it in other ways. Maybe she thought she would "owe you" if she accepted.

After I read your first post, Kicky, this is what was going through my head.
I've had too many bad experiences with guys who expected something for their generosity and I've been weary of men who want to spend a fair amount of $ after only a date or 2.

Just a thought.

I feel terrible for you, Kicky. I know it sucks!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:58 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I am sorry to hear that, kicky, but you know yourself: NYC girls are
a bit hysterical. Out here we would say: go get a Valley girl, in NY you'd
have to go to Queens or Brooklyn.

Instead of internet dating services, you could enroll in a cooking class.
The girls who like to cook are more down to earth and less capricious.

That's not a bad idea. I know I love men who can cook :-D
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:59 pm
He could become the new Bobby Flay! Laughing
0 Replies