I met a girl.

nimh

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 06:41 am
So in short - no, no kids, no new job, and i'm not moving again! so, perhaps not all that big a change.

but i did go back to holland for two-three weeks, and spent five days there vacating the apartment i still have there and am subletting. the girl i'm subletting to is moving out in october, so i've decided to just give up the flat then. it's not like i'm going to go back any time soon, i'll be here for at least a couple more years, if the gods allow it. so it'd also be anti-social to keep the flat any longer (its illegal, you know, subletting your housing corp flat for longer than, uh, half a year).

so i put about half of my stuff into storage (rented 11 cubic meter, stacked full top to bottom, front to back); about three carrier bicycle loads of stuff went to the anarchists' "give away shop" (you know that you can put up to 200 kg on a carrier bicycle? not that I did, I'd break my back); and the rest went into the trash. ive never been good at doing away with stuff so this was really something of an personal feat!

the other big decision is that anastasia and i are back together again. she moved here to budapest - flew in the day after i came back from holland. we celebrated by going to the big sziget festival for four days. then she had the traditional post-sziget cold and now i do, but soon as i'm better we're gonna get stuff going!

for now she's living in my place (it helps that it's twice as big as the one in holland); next up is to try if she can find (enough) work as an english teacher. chances are not exactly guaranteed (there's a lot of expats here), but seem fair nevertheless, from what i heard from others who do it or have done it.

last time, back in the dark days of 2002/03, we failed horrendously of course. but gradually over time as we got our respective selves in order more and more and kept talking all the while, we came to slowly feel that we'd stand a good enough chance again to take the risk. or that it wouldnt be a big risk anymore, period. i've changed a lot of course, and she certainly has too. we're much better now. and we're also coming at it from a completely different point this time of course. i think it'll work out. :-) fact simply is that nothing compares to her - nothing compares to what we have, together. she's the one i love. :-)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:32 am
Wow! That is indeed Big News! Now I understand why you vanished from the Earth's surface for awhile! Razz
I hope and wish you that it indeed does work out this time. I'll pray my heathen prayer for all the stars to align just right.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:36 am
I'm happy for you, nimh and Anastasia. It's really good to hear.

On the storage thing, I'm on the other end of that, having just recently gotten the last of my stored stuff to my house here. Looks like the wreck of the Hebrides, as they used to say. Well, or like the house of a major packrat. Sort of fun at the same time.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 12:40 pm
Aww! That's awfully nice-- that's the news I thought it might be... I'm so glad for you!

But, uh......

does this mean no more lovemaking under waterfalls?? Crying or Very sad
I have to go back to school tomorrow, I'm in more desperate need of my tropical island getaway than ever! Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 05:15 pm
Best hopes and wishes for this go around for you two, Nimh!

Sounds like it's meant to be!
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 05:36 pm
Sweet! It's good to see you happy. Love is always a good thing, so here's to the two of you.

I'm a bit superstitious, so I think the two of you should get working on all the proper blessings and whatnot. Can't hurt!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 07:38 pm
Hey, that is great news nimh and I wish you both the very best!

Cheers :-D
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:55 am
Nimh, I'm going to add my congratulations here, even though I feel like I should be giving you my sympathies. Women. They are the death of all happiness and fun in life.

Congratulations!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:42 am
cyphercat wrote:
does this mean no more lovemaking under waterfalls?? Crying or Very sad

We will always have Maloa...
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:39 am
Been reading with interest. (Just dropped loads of popcorn all over myself)

I know I'm a bit late off the mark but I'm glad you went to the concert anyway.

On the female situation, I don't think the concert or the amount of money was the issue. Like somebody said, if she was really into you, she would've been up for pretty much anything.

Her problem if she doesn't appreciate you or is too scared to go to a concert and get home late. But whatever happens, don't contact her. Move on 'cos she sounds like a drip anyway.

Much love

x.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:43 am
just...you know... tread carefully, slowly, wisely.

I truly hope for the best for you, for your utter and complete happiness. Sending you sincerly meant hugs. you know how rare that is!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:46 am
What about me, Dag? Don't I get any hugs?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Been reading with interest. (Just dropped loads of popcorn all over myself)

I know I'm a bit late off the mark but I'm glad you went to the concert anyway.

On the female situation, I don't think the concert or the amount of money was the issue. Like somebody said, if she was really into you, she would've been up for pretty much anything.

Her problem if she doesn't appreciate you or is too scared to go to a concert and get home late. But whatever happens, don't contact her. Move on 'cos she sounds like a drip anyway.

Much love

x.

Thanks! And don't worry, she will soon be a distant memory.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 11:15 am
kickycan wrote:
What about me, Dag? Don't I get any hugs?

how much do you pay per hug?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 11:24 am
Whatever Nimh's paying, I'll double it.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:00 pm
I pay in units of pure and unadulterated nimhness..
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:31 pm
Oh ****...how many Slovak Korunas would that convert to?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
we're switching to Euros! i ain't accepting korunas no more.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:42 pm
Okay, then you'll just have to accept units of pure and unadulterated Kickyness...wait, let me figure out the conversion rate...let's see, carry the three, adjust for inflation...anyone got an abacus?
0 Replies

camaross

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
I like this one girl
I like these two girls. One used to go to my school and one does go to my school.

Which one should i ask out?
0 Replies