The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Eva

Fri 18 Feb, 2005 01:41 pm
J_B wrote:
Take the teeny losses, Joe. They all count in the end.

And the tummy, and the thighs, and.... Laughing Cool
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 18 Feb, 2005 01:51 pm
This morning--after a night of interrupted sleep--I weighed 131--a loss of three pounds of water. One more day on the diuretics and then back on the playing field--a level playing field without squishy bogs and marshes.

material girl--

Street clothes usually weight 4-5 pounds. Shoes can be heavy!

J_B--

I had a small gloat about your fall from grace--but only a small one. Back on the treadmill we go.

Joe--

I find it very comforting to think of my weight loss, ounce by ounce, landing on a metaphorical, evil-tempered camel. Still, ounces are so small.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sat 19 Feb, 2005 06:20 am
I am not paying enough attention. I have spring fever. It's been warm here--- 55 degrees F. So yesterday after working on the taxes for awhile I thought now would be a great time for a brisk walk to the bank and the liquor store. I have a huge flight of stairs that I use for a quick workout then I can go left up some more hills, down another flight to the Heights Package Store then over about four blocks to Citibank, but, as I said, I am not paying enough attention.

I put my sweats on and a light jacket and headed down the elevator and out through the doors. ----- It was 29 degrees with a wind chill of holyshit. I made it to the corner mailbox and headed for the house.

229.0 this am, down .4 pounds. I am slicing it off like baloney.

Joe(Hey, here's the current temperature website!! duh)Nation
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 19 Feb, 2005 08:26 am
Joe--

The freeze-dry system of weight loss? Think of the IceMan--a now only a fraction of his Bronze Age poundage.

Somewhere between 131 and 130 this morning. The freeze-dry diet works better without rum over the ice cubes.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:31 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Okay, after a week or so of diddling, dithering and messing about, all of which would sound a little dirty in another context, I am back on the program.

ow. 231.0 again. ow ow ow.

Joe( stop poking me with that chicken leg) Nation

Jeesh, I've never quoted myself before Embarrassed but I wanted to report a three pound loss for the week. 228.00 and put it in context, or something.

Joe( Very Happy )Nation
0 Replies

JPB

Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:36 am
WTG JOE! I'm not weighing in until tomorrow because I don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sun 20 Feb, 2005 08:05 am
131--firm, solid 131.

Tonight or tomorrow morning I'll be leaving my very own refrigerator and pantry for four days in NYC. My hostess walks--and doesn't cook. She's a good person to launch austerity with.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 20 Feb, 2005 08:13 am
Quote:
My hostess walks--and doesn't cook. She's a good person to launch austerity with.

Not if she walks into the restuarants I like.

Fabulous 131 by the way.

J
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 23 Feb, 2005 08:15 am
Stuck! Frustrated, deflated, and mad.

On January 3rd I checked into this thread for the first time saying it was time for my annual recovery. On that day I weighed 176 and 7 weeks later that's exactly what I weigh now. I've been up as high as 180 and down as low as 172 but, for the most part, I'm stuck. I have never struggled with my weight before and it stinks.

I'm not sure what adjustments I need to make but I'm not good at not being successful with my efforts. I'm off to the club for a workout where I'll try to take my frustrations out on the treadmill but I'm almost at the 'what's the use' stage.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:11 pm
J_B--

Do not despair--and most definitely, do not console yourself with a chocolate eclair. The older you get, the more possessive your body gets about every single little fat cell. You can outwit your body--it will just take more effort than it used to.
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:14 pm
Welcome back Noddy. I thought of you often over the past few days. I hope you had a nice visit.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 24 Feb, 2005 08:30 pm
J_B--

A change is as good as a rest.

My friend/hostess was having a marvelously hectic week involving spackle and paint and concrete forms and the UN Woman's Conference and....

Joe Nation and I had an India-Indian dinner. I think we showed some restraint on the rice, which should balance all that we did gobble.

I climbed on the bus to the Poconos at Port Authority looking forward to just a bit of boredom. Now, outside, the snow is falling....

Twenty-five more days of winter.
0 Replies

duce

Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:27 pm
Noddy invited me here, I find it interesting reading, can I count that as exercise, cause other than walking to the copier/fax that's the most physical excersie I've had today. Wait I did walk down stairs to go to lunch...

I have a COMPLETE LACK of motivation, plus I'm trying to Quit SMOKING, but sub. candy, I don't have a prayer here do I?
0 Replies

roger

Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:30 pm
There's only one chance left, duce. THINK THIN THOUGHTS.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:49 pm
Hi Duce,

Prayer is one option but I'm not sure it will be enough :wink:

Kicky's nosebleed thread on the medical board has about 10 pages of quitting smoking ideas and crutches. Flavored toothpicks seemed to be the best idea that won't pack on the pounds.

Describe 'complete lack of motivation'. Do you mean you don't see yourself in a gym or you don't see yourself getting off the couch? There's a big difference between deciding to run a marathon and deciding to walk around the block after dinner (no ducking into the bar around the corner). What did Noddy have in mind when she sent you here? Although I'm sure she'll come over and give you her own welcome.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 25 Feb, 2005 05:14 pm
Motives? Motives? I just adore being surrounded by my peer group.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 25 Feb, 2005 05:25 pm
I thought maybe you were going to try to whip him into shape or something.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 25 Feb, 2005 05:42 pm
When someone says the 3-letter "F" word, I like to share.
0 Replies

Ay Sontespli

Sat 26 Feb, 2005 08:40 am
I'm back!
I was very busy and did not have time to even sit at the puter! I am still weighing in at the same weight and no, I am not 63 cm...at the immigration doctor's visit they measured my height which is 161cm.
I am very pleased to report that I made it to the gym heaps since I last posted here...last week I did 25 kms on the treadmill! I will work on doing the same this week and add in some cycling. I have also spent some time in the pool each day. I bought a couple of nerf-like balls and my 17 year old son and I play catch in the pool for at least an hour at a time.
So yea, I may still way the same, but I feel heaps healthier Smile
I am planning on running a 5km fun run next weekend!!! My first run since my accident in 2002! Working towards a marathon...I have a lot of work to do!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 26 Feb, 2005 09:42 am
Ay S--

Congratulations!
0 Replies