The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

catbeasy

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 05:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Progressives in my opinion should care about how their behavior might be seen by other party members if it is made public.

So should republicans. I know some that profess being republican that are moral, good people with good ideas who also believe that your integrity counts..I just don't see them in the media!

Damn the media!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:56 pm
My strong impression is there is as yet no evidence that major forces or elements in the Democrat Party have yet accepted the finality of the recent election; the significance of the unexpected (by them and many others as well) shifts in voting patterns evident in the result; or even the lasting (for several years at least) significance of the political defeat they have experienced.

=> After fruitless efforts at recounts in WI, MI & PA they find no significant gains anywhere; the rejections of their largely specious arguments for a recount in PA by a Federal Judge, and emerging evidence of vote fraud by Democrats in Detroit.

=> with just days to go before the electoral college vote, they are still deeply absorbed in ridiculous and hopeless claims that the Russians have "hacked the election" and demands for truly silly "briefings of selected electors - all with the increasingly stunning and obvious fact that there is zero evidence that anything the Russians did that affected the election result; a growing recognition that no rebuttal of the hacked information has yet been offered by Hillary or the DNC; and the increasingly obvious fact that the only newsworthy component of all this is the facts that it is Hillary's campaign, the DNC and the liberal media themselves conspired to hack or distort both the Democrat primary ond the final election. There is zero chance that all this distracting noise will change anything, and every day it continues makes Democrats (and the media) look more and more detached from reality. In a few days when the electoral votes are cast they will both appear rather ridiculous.

=> House Democrats reelected Nancy Pelosi as Minority leader, doubling down on a losing bet, and as yet have found no suitable new leadership for the DNC.

=> The election results revealed a small, but possibly significant loss in DEmocrat support from both Black and Hispanic voters in what may prove to be a continuing trend that is related to their accompanying loss in the support of the white middle class. That this occurred despite all Trump's rhetoric about immigratio,n and Obama's continued stoking of racial discord is quite remarkable.

=> Trump has demonstrated wisdom and skill (or blind luck if you prefer) in his post election selections for his cabinet and effectively reached out to a broad array of individuals and groups, many of which opposed his candidacy, and has done so with poise and a degree of aplomb. The liberal media still doesn't get the underlying message he is issuing, while itself remaining enraged by a literal reading of his words: while Trump supporters ignore the literal interpretation and get the underlying message quite well (significantly their numbers appear to be growing daily.)

I don't take any pleasure or satisfaction in the continuing parlysis of the Democrat Party: the country needs a political opposition. They need to get their heads out of their asses and deal with the issues before them and us.
old europe

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 03:00 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
There is zero chance that all this distracting noise will change anything, and every day it continues makes Democrats (and the media) look more and more detached from reality.

McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, supports an investigation into Russian cyberattacks to influence the American election. So does Speaker of the House Ryan.

Do you limit your disdain over 'ridiculous and hopeless claims that the Russians have "hacked the election"' to the Democrats and the liberal media, or do you include Republicans like McConnell and Ryan with the people who are detached from reality?
Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 07:02 am
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578572_10154805921116171_4829983150180375136_n.jpg?oh=f2be7db05691040b779e468c65caf830&oe=58E96ABB
Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 07:29 am
Quote:
Two things the Democrats haven't blamed for the election loss.
A black hole .. and Hillary.

Boortz
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 09:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I did not disagree with Nancy and what many Dems spoke of but the problem I seen being a Dem myself is that our party has been behaving more like a gang and believed that it was Hillary's turn to be president regardless of her negative trustworthiness by many and many party members made some serious ethical rules violations doing so. Hillary did as well. Progressives in my opinion should care about how their behavior might be seen by other party members if it is made public.

Nonsense. Personally I think it is waste of time rehash the democrat primary. Bernie lost the primary, Hillary lost the election. The rest is supposition.

As for where we go from here, I stand on what I said before. We expand on what we have been doing for the last thirty years. We need to reach out to the white working class of rural America.

The idea that the working class is a lost cause becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy for the Democratic Party.
Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 09:55 am
It's a real shame that 0bama is leaving this country in far worse shape than it was when he was sworn in to his 1st term. America is sick & tired of liberal democrats, and their polices & lies. Let's all rally behind Trump, and fix the problems inherited from 0bama.
catbeasy

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 10:03 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
liberal media

The media is as conservative as they come. Same with the democratic party. What world do you live in? This is not a relational game. There is a real scale for what is considered conservative and what is considered liberal. The media and the democrats do not come close to the liberal side. They both serve the same master and their differences are made up, sensationalized garbage that obfuscates what is really going on.

The problem is that we have been told, defined for us, what the playing field consists of and it only consists of everything from the oppositions 25 yard line to the end zone. This is the 'right side of the field. The other 75 yards is 'left' out.

The analysis that the democrats are 'left' is only true when compared to the republicans. But that analysis does us no good for two reasons. One is that on economic policy, there are few differences between the two. The other is what I mentioned above. There is a real world referent to being liberal and conservative and the democrats and republicans both largely ignore this in favour of blowing up the tiny differences between them economically and making huge hay out of stupid 'moral' issues that have no place in government..

But it is not allowed to have this point of view. These folks are marginalized at best, ignored at worst. Both these parties are a nightmare to a large section of America. Donald Trump is certainly a reaction to that, but its a shame that so many Americans buried their head in the sand with him because 'he tells it like it is'..

btw, I do agree that the democrats are twisting in the wind right now. But as you seem to point out, it is largely their own fault. Despite Hillary apparently winning the popular vote and even if she would have won the election, it doesn't take away the fact that a huge section of America hates what she and much of the democratic party stand for and many democrats held their nose while voting for her - in an effort to ensure Trump didn't get in..this is as close a tacit understanding that you're going to get that the democrats, economically, are very little different from the republicans..
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 10:50 am
http://truthfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/hillary-dead-voters-800x416.png
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:00 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
It's a real shame that 0bama is leaving this country in far worse shape than it was when he was sworn in to his 1st term
Boy are you brain affected or what?

Now Im not one of the millions who lost jobs and had homes foreclosed upon. Now did I loe my 401 K because I kept it in place and rode it out so that the 2010 and 11 market (Super returns yers) alloqwed me to catch up.

You are really memory challenged eh?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:05 am
@Frugal1,
Obama is leaving the cpountry in really good shape (economically). He feels that he didnt heal the prtisan wounds much nor did he get everything in.
Im sure Trump will be able to **** us up and bring us back to the Bush Debacle.

PS, I bought lots of stock when the market tanked at the end of the Bush regime. I made a good return s the Obama years unfolded and the car compniies retruned and energy opened up as we became pretty much energy independent.
Remember these facts Fuggl?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:24 am
One thing the 'hacking' revealed to America & the world is just how much of a fraud the 0bama / HRC democrat party is.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:42 am

For the first time in 8 years WE THE PEOPLE have hope.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:50 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578572_10154805921116171_4829983150180375136_n.jpg?oh=f2be7db05691040b779e468c65caf830&oe=58E96ABB

Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:53 am
@InfraBlue,

When was it that 0bama tried to interfere with the Israeli elections, do you remember?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:56 am
@Frugal1,
Remind me.
Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 11:58 am
@InfraBlue,

0bama tried to interfere with the Israeli elections.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 12:13 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, supports an investigation into Russian cyberattacks to influence the American election. So does Speaker of the House Ryan.

Do you limit your disdain over 'ridiculous and hopeless claims that the Russians have "hacked the election"' to the Democrats and the liberal media, or do you include Republicans like McConnell and Ryan with the people who are detached from reality?

There appears to be a lot of evidence indicating systematic cyber attacks probavbly by both Russia and China on U.S. systems. Both, I'm confident have been under some level of investigation for a long time. Sadly our actions to combat it and retaliate for it have so far been few and ineffective.

The leaks revealed by Russian hacks (and many other sources as well, some from official U.S. inverstigations) have revealed a pattern of corrupt activities among the Clinton campaign, the DNC and some liberal media outlets to corrupt and distort the normal workings of our election proicess. No rebuttal of this information hass yet been offered by any of the alleged perpetrators.

In this casee I find your and the common terminology to be defective. A more accurante statement might refer to Russian leaks of information relative to an attempt to hack our election process on the part of the DNC, the Clinton Campaign and the media.

Happily for us the attempt failed and the hopeless self-absorption and ineptitude of our now discredited crowned candidate has been revealed. Our inept foreign policy with respect to Russia has led us to the ongoing debacle in Syria, Russian implied and actual threats in Ukrane and the Baltic Countries, and otherwise unwarranted influence over a Western Europe plagued with its own internal contradictions and threats from the South.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 01:08 pm
@Frugal1,
Ok, thanks.

What does that have to do with your false claim that Obama didn't bring up the Russian hacking earlier, again?
catbeasy

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 02:46 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Our inept foreign policy with respect to Russia has led us to the ongoing debacle in Syria, Russian implied and actual threats in Ukrane and the Baltic Countries, and otherwise unwarranted influence over a Western Europe plagued with its own internal contradictions and threats from the South.

Our inept policies have as much to do with a balancing act between our foreign interests and domestic safety. I think Jesus said you cannot serve both God and Money. Every President cops to this essential contradiction, some getting the worse end of it than others.

Trump is likely to go overboard. It depends on how much he tries to mess with the military's command hierarchy. Or how much elements within it will seek out support from him to further their own military/political agendas . I don't have any illusions that he will do much better. In fact, I see the opposite end of disaster from him: failed foreign diplomacy* by war.

*Obama's failure is illustrated by the contradictions mentioned earlier. What a joke that Obama is anti-Israel. Every speech he gives, and more importantly, every action is pro-Israel. Military support has continued his whole 8 years. The differences are rhetorical fluff - 'normal arguments over house-cleaning bull **** - but the marriage goes on: Obama shakes the hand of the Palestinians while selling Helicopters to Israel who use those to blast Palestinians. No matter where you stand on the issue between these two countries, while we maintain politics as usual, the US always will support Israel and that will always keep peace from those countries..