The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

Debra Law

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 02:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I, on the other hand live in a state firmly rooted in the 21st century, rather than the 19th, and you hear very very few people admit to backing the pathological liar, cheat, and scam artist who claims the presidency

I live in northeast Florida and I shared my viewpoint with hundreds if not thousands of people why I thought Trump and Hillary were both candidates that should not be supported by people who valued ethics.

I thought that both candidates had values similar to that of a pathological liars, cheats, and scam artists.

Do you think Hillary is close to being an angel?

I agree that both Trump and Hillary were and still are equally unfit to occupy the position as perhaps the most powerful person in the world.

I don't think the powerful self-serving elite who are firmly entrenched in the Democratic party give a damn about changing their modus operandi. I think they will try to fire up the base by demonizing Trump (and I'm sure he will give them plenty of ammunition), but they have no incentive to do much of anything other than pay lip service to their constituents' concerns. I hope not, but I think people in the United States and throughout the world will continue to struggle, suffer, fight in devastating wars, and die in great numbers. It's almost too overwhelming to ponder.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:22 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:

I hope that you never give up on us. You have an understanding beyond what many of us have and we can analyze your views which I think add more value than not. Please keep on keeping on. Wink Wink Wink Wink
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 08:08 am
Liberal democrats HATE Jewish people.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzuHy7PXUAAxdq8.jpg:large
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 09:44 am
@Debra Law,
OK, I am going to bite. Would you please provide an example of what you would consider the "elite" of the democrat party doing more than paying lip service to their constituents who have voted them in there time after time? What would they have to do to live up to your idea of what the people who voted them in there (people like me) want them to do, bearing in mind, democrats usually vote for democrats, not the green party or another third party candidate who might have a different idea of what a progressive is. I suppose what I am getting at, why don't people who are not satisfied with the democratic party simply form their own party if they don't like the democrat party? It is like joining a church then complaining about the church doctrine, I mean, good grief join another church but don't expect the church to conform to your idea of how it should be run and doctrine you think it should have.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 09:47 am
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15541399_1350477491670558_4477394428968574638_n.jpg?oh=e0ca523600ac5c7d85cdaf87fcd4275e&oe=58EF6B62
farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:09 am
@Frugal1,
you make a very relevant point.

YOU ARE NOW COMPLAINING ABOUT THE INACCURACY OF FAKE NEWS WITH MORE FAKE NEWS> DUHHHHHHHHHHH.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:14 am
The democrat party is made up of old rich white people that act like petulant children, and they are supported by spoiled children with no real world experience. The modern democrat party is basically powerless outside their protective bubble, they really can't survive in the real world everybody else lives in.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:19 am
Why are those loud mouth liberal progressive democrats who
promised to leave the USA when Trump won the election still here?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:21 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

OK, I am going to bite. Would you please provide an example of what you would consider the "elite" of the democrat party doing more than paying lip service to their constituents who have voted them in there time after time? What would they have to do to live up to your idea of what the people who voted them in there (people like me) want them to do, bearing in mind, democrats usually vote for democrats, not the green party or another third party candidate who might have a different idea of what a progressive is. I suppose what I am getting at, why don't people who are not satisfied with the democratic party simply form their own party if they don't like the democrat party? It is like joining a church then complaining about the church doctrine, I mean, good grief join another church but don't expect the church to conform to your idea of how it should be run and doctrine you think it should have.

Biting? Okay, here's a nibble:

Nancy Pelosi: I don’t think Democrats want a new direction

http://nypost.com/2016/12/04/nancy-pelosi-i-dont-think-democrats-want-a-new-direction/
Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:25 am
@revelette1,
Look at him take a bite at a high fast ball....
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:50 am
Why is DNC so friendly with people shouting "death to America"?
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:53 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
I agree that both Trump and Hillary were and still are equally unfit to occupy the position as perhaps the most powerful person in the world.

Yes, its a shame ain't it. Many of the posters on this board are so polarized, they cannot see beyond their own prejudices to note that there is only one party: The Business Party.

Both parties serve this master. They both work to keep the general shape of society and its economics with Democrats typically offering a bigger bone than the republicans who have been forced to move farther to the right and hence have become more bat-**** crazy because essentially with Clinton in the 90's the democrats took the place of the then republicans.

But yeah, neither party serve the mass of people first. There is a huge disconnect between what most people want and what they're given. Many democrats give good lip service but cannot follow through on their words because they must serve their master first making them dangerous hypocrites and subversive. Republicans are often appear willfully stupid and ignorant - but at least you know what you've got here - but which is also frightening because Trump..
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:57 am
That nasty woman would have meant a continuation of 0bama's decline & destruction of America - she was never qualified for the job.

On the other hand, Trump is his own man with his own plan - he is more qualified for the job than 0bama & HRC ever were.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 11:07 am
The new Democratic party.

Will they continue to be the party of hate?
revelette1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:01 pm
@Debra Law,
I agree with her, we don't want a new direction. After all, Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin and just slimly lost the three swing states. I don't think we need to go in another direction exactly, just expand on the direction we have been on for the last thirty years.

Unlike some, I will explain what I mean by that. I mean, from what I have read, we lost those swing states to blue collar or white poor working families. With the decrease demand in coal energy and manufacturing technological advances, a lot of those lower skill workers have been left out in the cold and I am not so sure trade deal alone will address those issues.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:02 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzvE14VUsAAg20V.jpg:large
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 02:53 pm
@Frugal1,
I know the last thing you had in your mouth
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 02:59 pm
The democrat party is in complete disarray, they have no
idea which of their long list of lying leaders they can trust.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 04:52 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I agree with her, we don't want a new direction. After all, Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin and just slimly lost the three swing states. I don't think we need to go in another direction exactly, just expand on the direction we have been on for the last thirty years.

I did not disagree with Nancy and what many Dems spoke of but the problem I seen being a Dem myself is that our party has been behaving more like a gang and believed that it was Hillary's turn to be president regardless of her negative trustworthiness by many and many party members made some serious ethical rules violations doing so. Hillary did as well. Progressives in my opinion should care about how their behavior might be seen by other party members if it is made public.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 05:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Nice.
0 Replies