The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

georgeob1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 04:16 pm
@catbeasy,
Our domestic policies under Obama have been just as inept and lead to just as many bad consequences as has his inept foreign policy. He hasn't balanced a damn thing - he's dropped every ball that came his way.

Obama's persistence in interpreting undesirable events arising in the Black community as a consequence only of supposed White racism has bred irresponsibility and destructive internal leadership on their part and growing civil unrest in the country. Inocent Policemen sitting in their vehicles were assasinated by possibly racially motivated Black men with no comment whatever from our President while lawful arrests of theives by white policement are labelled as racially motivated by him. There are real problems on both sides of this issue but the persistent focus of the president on only one aspect of this matter has done real harm to all involved.

We recovered OK from the 2008 Housing bubble, but our economic performance since 2010 has been seriously hampered by the flood of restrictive (and unpredictable) regulations affecting every aspect of commerce at the hands of an administration that sees a need for government intervention in almost everything. As a result companies are retaining cash and unwilling to invest it in new economic enterprises. The result is reduced job creation and stagnant wages. Instead firms use their cash to pay dividends and buy back their stock, thereby boosting its price. Owners and investors do fairly well but workers are screwed. This is the cause for the growing split between the middle class and the well -off, but our stupid administration refuses to recognize this well known and increasingly obvious fact.

Perhaps it isn't suprising that their appointed Democrat successors are having a very hard time recognizing the reality of the election either.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 04:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
Nothing, he is throwing shyt hoping to obscure the fact he is a liar.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 05:13 pm
Who knows what the future holds for the democrat party...
today's democrats look & act like confused, corrupt, half whits that
double down on lies - so there is plenty of room for improvement.
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 05:23 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
he's dropped every ball that came his way.

I've no love for Obama's administration but this is hyperbole and hence counter productive

to whit:
Quote:
Obama's persistence in interpreting undesirable events arising in the Black community as a consequence only of supposed White racism has bred irresponsibility and destructive internal leadership on their part and growing civil unrest in the country

Obama hasn't done enough in this regard. His lip service non-withstanding. He hasn't done enough because he can't. His lip service is better than nothing I suppose. It is difficult for any president to get anything done that runs counter to the various establishments of power in this country. Police is one of those power centers. All I know is, you can't NOT talk about race. What is he to do? Not say anything? That's one of the reasons we had so many problems. Now we talk about them, its brings the darker side of things to light and those that don't want to deal with it because it hurts bury their heads and those who don't want to deal with it because they are participants in that darkness try to shut everyone up..Just what is a solution for this? What is balanced?

Quote:
Inocent Policemen sitting in their vehicles were assasinated by possibly racially motivated Black men with no comment whatever from our President

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/12/grieving-dallas-awaits-obama-as-protests-churn-in-other-cities/?utm_term=.c86d3a9c73f7

Again, hyperbole, counter productive..

Quote:
but our economic performance since 2010 has been seriously hampered by the flood of restrictive (and unpredictable) regulations affecting every aspect of commerce at the hands of an administration that sees a need for government intervention in almost everything.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/who-issued-more-regulations--obama-or-bush/2012/03/22/gIQAVvGYWS_blog.html?utm_term=.02899ed9f04c

The truth is that Bush spent more on regulatory issues than Obama.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-obama-really-spending-and-regulating-more/

What you are missing is that this is not a republican versus democrat issue. They are both knee deep in this stuff. The media reports and sensationalizes and inflates and conflates issues between republicans and democrats. So much so, that each side automatically, as a short cut to thinking, reflexively hears what they want to hear based on their media created biases.

You think republicans can get us out of this mess? That would be laughable if weren't so sad. Democrats will make us feel better on the way down. They all serve to screw the economy and serve big business. You're insistence that republicans somehow have the better eye for this stuff completely ignores what people in America do in the particular power centers we have here. Look at what they actually vote for and why. Not what they say, not what MSNBC/CBS/CNN/FOX NEWS says.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 06:11 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
the problem I seen being a Dem myself is that our party has been behaving more like a gang and believed that it was Hillary's turn to be president regardless of her negative trustworthiness by many and many party members made some serious ethical rules violations doing so.

Quote:
Bernie lost the primary, Hillary lost the election. The rest is supposition.

Do you believe there is no proof to my claim?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:29 am
Interstate Crosscheck is something that needs an investigation.

0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:34 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czzo-u7WgAAtlZ_.jpg:large
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:44 am
@Frugal1,
No today the excuse is Interstate Crosscheck.

Frugal1

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:09 am
@reasoning logic,

I believe there is an ointment for that condition.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:44 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
I believe there is an ointment for that condition.

What do you think its called? conspiracy law cream? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 01:40 pm
https://bycommonconsent.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/liberalismisadisease_resized1.jpg
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:59 am
@reasoning logic,
The person making the claim has to prove the claims not the other way around. I know I didn't just believe it was Hillary's turn. I believed Hillary was more qualified to be President than Bernie and Trump and still do which is why I voted for her. As for ethical rules being violated, I am not sure which or any you are referring to but if it is revelations involved with WikiLeaks, I don't consider that a valid source which is why I called it supposition. Russia is known to mess with information before releasing it for propaganda purposes therefore the whole is unreliable.
Frugal1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:03 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
I believed Hillary was more qualified to be President than Bernie and Trump and still do which is why I voted for her.

But did you win?

No.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:30 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
I believed Hillary was more qualified to be President than Bernie and Trump and still do which is why I voted for her.

Fair enough. You seen more values in Hillary that out weighed the negatives.

Quote:
As for ethical rules being violated, I am not sure which or any you are referring to but if it is revelations involved with WikiLeaks, I don't consider that a valid source which is why I called it supposition

I seen Hillary in a negative light well before WikiLeaks and the only thing I recall from DNC members about the leaks is that they were stolen "not they were made up emails showing ethical rules violations.

We can look at the highest DNC $ contributions and compare it to the list of Obama's- US foreign ambassadors and walk away with a disappointment.

The DNC seems to be wolves in sheep's clothing. Why else do the Clintons and the Trumps get along so well?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:50 am
Wonder where those leaked emails came from?

0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 02:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
No offense but you don't really seem to add anything to which I can respond to. It is true that those affected by the theft of emails and DNC data didn't confirm or deny the contents nor are they required to as they were stolen in the first place and therefore compromised.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 04:11 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
It is true that those affected by the theft of emails and DNC data didn't confirm or deny the contents nor are they required to as they were stolen in the first place and therefore compromised.

Revelette1 the way I view this is different than you. To be honest I think you may be one who has empathy and sempathy for other human beings but I have been wrong more often than not in my subjective views.
If the emails were about how DNC members gange raped one of your children would your view point be different if they did not confirm or deny it? Would you still believe the contents are not required because they were stolen in the first place and therefore compromised?
revelette1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 04:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Most definitely, those are harsh accusations and the source of the accusations should be credible in the first place. Anyone can make claims, it doesn't mean people have to deny or confirm them.
Frugal1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:28 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz_YCP6UsAAEhbu.jpg
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 05:48 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Anyone can make claims, it doesn't mean people have to deny or confirm them.

If we were to be intellectually honest for just one moment would you not deny such accusations if you were accused of such accusation or would you just keep silent?