Fergusonj shooting, autopsy in, all shots from front

giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 06:52 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
What you have said with regard to the world being a better place with those two young men dead...

Quote:
He is right. It is not disgusting, it is true.

While I understand your sentiments I disagree with your assesment.

Both of these individuals could have been productive memebers of society...people can change and certainly deserve a second chance.

The problem was they didnt give themselves the opportuinty to become wiser and less cavalier with regard to life. Is it tragic? Yes. Is it unavoidable? Yes. Is that the fault of the police officer? Absolutley not. Is it the fault of the parents? Maybe partly. But ULTIMATELY it is up to the individual to be responsible, and both were old enough to figure it out.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 08:47 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Both of these individuals could have been productive memebers of society...people can change and certainly deserve a second chance.

I have my doubts. With that attitude.
giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 08:59 pm
@coldjoint,
I understand. But the possibility was real...sadly we will never know.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:30 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Both of these individuals could have been productive memebers of society...
Thay did not show much interest in that.
Thay were too busy with predatory violence.

Their future victims r better off now. Let 's be happy.

David
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 11:10 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
The problem was they didnt give themselves the opportuinty to become wiser and less cavalier with regard to life. Is it tragic? Yes. Is it unavoidable? Yes. Is that the fault of the police officer? Absolutley not. Is it the fault of the parents? Maybe partly. But ULTIMATELY it is up to the individual to be responsible, and both were old enough to figure it out.

Why are you lumping Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown together? You think all black teens can be stereotyped or that they're all alike?

What makes you think Martin did anything wrong? He was walking home from a store, minding his own business, and an armed self-styled vigilante, with no legitimate authority, racially profiled him, followed him in the dark, and provoked a needless and avoidable encounter that left the unarmed teen dead. Photos of Zimmerman taken in the police station the night of the shooting, after he cleaned the dramatic looking blood beneath his nose off, show him looking completely uninjured, except for two tiny scrapes on the back of his head. He required no medical treatment at all for his extremely minor injuries. There was no evidence of any "beating" or "head-pounding" on concrete, he seemed to have suffered no more than a single punch to his nose--which may well have been delivered by Martin in legitimate self-defense, because Zimmerman's stalking behavior had been menacing. He had no idea why this strange man was trailing him, or what he might do to him. And the struggle that ensued, after that single punch, was probably a struggle over the gun, which Zimmerman likely had already drawn, because there was no way, at his trial, that they could explain how he got it out once Martin was on top of him. And the jury verdict really did not eliminate the possibility that Martin had been legitimately trying to defend his life, it simply affirmed it's belief that Zimmerman feared for his life, or feared grave bodily harm, when he fired the shot, rather than having shot out of malice.

What did Martin ever do in his life, including the night he was shot, that showed he was "cavalier with regard to life"? Zimmerman had a prior history of aggressive behavior, Martin had none. And Zimmerman has continued to behave in a menacing manner even since his acquittal.

I'm sick of the racist profiling, of the unjustified character assassination, that clearly took place on the internet with regard to Martin, and that continues to go on. He wasn't a "thug" or a hoodlum, he had never hurt or harmed anyone, he was a middle class high school junior with plans to attend college, just like his older brother was doing, and just as his mother had done, and he was already living a productive life by staying in school--he had only just turned 17.

I don't see the cases of Martin and Brown as being at all similar, other than both were black unarmed teens shot by white men, Wilson is white, and Zimmerman does appear to be white. And so far, I see no similarities in the character or personality of either teen.

I think it was wrong of the police to release the video of the strong-arm robbery from the convenience store. While certainly not in the same category as the character assassination smear that the right wing lodged on Trayvon Martin, I fail to see the point of releasing it, other than to negatively bias the public perception of a police shooting victim. But, whatever anyone can see in those few seconds of video tape, including him not acting like a "gentle giant", and shoplifting, is totally unrelated to his shooting, or the reason for the shooting, and whether it was justified. Was the video released so people would feel less sympathy for an unarmed victim shot by a cop? Should anyone feel Brown's life was worthless, or disposable, because he stole $48 worth of cigars and pushed a store clerk around? The police haven't released Wilson's unredacted incident report, which would relate to the shooting, and the reasons for it, so why the hell did they release the convenience store video, which is unrelated, and likely couldn't be admitted as evidence in Wilson's defense?

I'm glad you don't share the vile assessment that the world is better off without Martin or Brown, but you are also still implying they caused their own deaths. I definitely do not feel that was the case with Trayvon Martin. He wasn't doing anything wrong, he was walking around in a place he had every right to be. Yet he was menacingly pursued in the dark, by a stranger, who had no legitimate authority to follow, or confront, or question him at all, simply because of that stranger's personal obsessions and lack of impulse control, and not because Martin was doing anything wrong.

Michael Brown's encounter was with a legitimate authority, a police officer, who stopped him because he was doing something wrong--he was walking down the middle of the road blocking traffic. He then defied the officer's legitimate order to get back on the sidewalk. We really don't know exactly what followed after that that led to the shooting and the death. Did he really attack the officer and try to get his gun? So far, we have seen no evidence supporting any injuries inflicted on the officer, and he did not appear injured when he remained at the scene after the shooting. Brown's hands showed no evidence he had been in a fight. And I'd have to wonder why someone stopped for a pedestrian traffic violation would suddenly attack a cop and try to take his gun. Was Brown crazy, and trying for suicide by cop? Attacking a cop, and trying to take his gun, is a far cry from bullying a much smaller convenience store clerk in order to steal some cigars. None of this makes sense. Even the robbery in the store doesn't make sense. He had just graduated from high school and was heading to a vocational college, so why would he have jeopardized his entire future for some cigars? He couldn't have been doing these things habitually, otherwise he'd be known to the police and have a criminal record--Ferguson is a very small community of only about 22,000, with its own police force. Maybe Brown was under the influence of drugs that might have made him aggressive that day--something other than marijuana--we don't have the toxicology results yet.

So I'm not ready to judge Michael Brown, or his life, solely on the basis of a few seconds of convenience store security tape. And I'm not ready to judge Darren Wilson's justification for shooting either. There's just not enough evidence yet. All we know, for certain, is that Brown's dead and Wilson shot him.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 02:27 am
@firefly,
Quote:
firefly wrote:
Why are you lumping Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown together?
Thay r both dead, violent felons,
killed in self defense.

firefly wrote:
You think all black teens can be stereotyped or that they're all alike?

What makes you think Martin did anything wrong?
He was trying to kill Zimmy
by beating his brains out on the street, for no reason. SOME NERVE!

firefly wrote:
He was walking home from a store, minding his own business,
Yea, but his business was apparently burglary.

firefly wrote:
and an armed self-styled vigilante, with no legitimate authority,
He had NO NEED of any authority
to watch his naborhood n call police on suspicious characters,
and he was within his Constitutional rights to be armed,
the same as carrying a Bible.

firefly wrote:
racially profiled him, followed him in the dark,
There was NOTHING IMPROPER with racially profiling him,
and it was perfectly proper to follow him, dark or light.
He is free to keep doing it. We all are.

David

0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 07:17 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

ANYONE who believes that he stole a box of cigarillos for any other reason than to make blunts is at best naive and at worst an idiot. (Unless of course there is a girl out ther who has not come forward who had just given birth to his kid.)

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I am entitled to open my can of orange sauce

Or maybe people that actually do the research know more than you do....

Quote:
While most teenagers in the United States have stopped buying cigarettes, that doesn’t mean they've kicked their tobacco habit. Instead, cigarettes substitutes, known as “little cigars,” are the new addiction,

http://www.medicaldaily.com/more-us-teens-smoking-flavored-little-cigars-are-cheaper-just-deadly-cigarettes-260563

Quote:
In 2012, more high
school boys smoked cigars than cigarettes (16.7 vs 16.3%). Looking at all first-ti
me
tobacco users, nearly 2.7 million smoked cigars, while 2.3 million smoked cigarettes.
According to 2012 research, about 17% of male and 8% of female high school students
had smoked a cigar within the last month, compared to the average of 5% from all ages.

http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/002965-pdf.pdf
coldjoint

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 08:54 am
@parados,
Quote:
Or maybe people that actually do the research know more than you do....

You think they have done any research on stealing? If they have, is it still against the law? Or does it depend on your race, or is it black privilege?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 12:37 pm
Trayvon Martin was not "racially profiled(TM)" He was ASSHOLEY profiled. If he hadn't been acting, dressing, and conducting himself like an asshole, he'd be alive today.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/T016OBGJTB9FL4IM3
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:38 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Trayvon Martin was not "racially profiled(TM)" He was ASSHOLEY profiled. If he hadn't been acting, dressing, and conducting himself like an asshole, he'd be alive today.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/T016OBGJTB9FL4IM3

So...walking down a sidewalk wearing clothes...is acting assholey???

coldjoint

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

He was not on the sidewalk, that is why Zimmerman noticed him.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:44 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

He was not on the sidewalk, that is why Zimmerman noticed him.

He was on the sidewalk!

Apparently the thing Zimmerman noticed was his skin color.

I guess I should have included that in my question to Gunga.

So...walking down a sidewalk wearing clothes while being a black individual...is acting assholey???

coldjoint

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
He was on the sidewalk!

You are wrong. He was in the backyards of the neighborhood. Go back and look.
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 02:11 pm

As I recall, Mr. Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was casing houses when he first noticed him.

The shooting of course occurred because Trayvon was on top of him pounding his head against the cement.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 02:21 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
He was on the sidewalk!

You are wrong. He was in the backyards of the neighborhood. Go back and look.

You go back and look it up.

It was reported that he was walking on the sidewalk when first noticed by Zimmerman. There was some talk that he had taken a logical short cut to where he was heading which may have taken him off the sidewalk.

So are you suggesting that a young man walking from a convenience store to where he was living...taking a shortcut...while wearing clothes and wearing his usual dark skin...is acting assholey???

Assholey enough to be shot to death?

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 02:22 pm
@oralloy,
Your and CJ lying bullshit has already been threshed out on a forum here. The fact that neither of you have brains enough to pour piss out of a boot hasent been lost on the more intelligent posters here.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 03:12 pm
@coldjoint,
He wasn't in the backyards, he was near the clubhouse of the housing complex when Zimmerman spotted him, and all he was doing was walking around, talking on his cell phone, as he returned to the residence where he was a house guest.

Zimmerman's perception that Martin was "up to no good" was all in his mind, and it was based on his suspiciousness of all young black males, particularly those in hoodies. Martin's hoodie was appropriate for the weather, it was raining on and off.

Zimmerman violated the rules of his own neighborhood watch by following Martin rather than waiting for the police to arrive and check the situation out. There was nothing urgent or criminal going on that could not have waited for the police. It was his erroneous judgment, racial profiling, poor impulse control, and desire to play wannabe cop, that led to a tragic, needless, and totally avoidable death.

If Zimmerman had remained in his car, or simply driven off, as he should have done, Martin would have gotten home safely. Instead, because of his extremely poor judgment and lack of self control, he recklessly provoked a needless encounter and confrontation, and wound up killing an innocent teen who had been wrongly racially profiled by him.

And, since his acquittal, Zimmerman has continued to provoke and display menacing and threatening and aggressive behavior, poor impulse control, and poor judgment-- all of which have made it even clearer that he was the one posing the real threat the night he killed Martin, after racially profiling the innocent teen and stalking him like prey.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 04:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Apparently the thing Zimmerman noticed was his skin color....

In other words, there George Zimmerman was, getting his head beaten against the concrete, and he said to himself:

Quote:
Damned if this chap doesn't appear to be a Negro! I'll have to shoot him...

Whereas he probably would not have shot another white person under the same circumstances??

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 04:34 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
Apparently the thing Zimmerman noticed was his skin color....

In other words, there George Zimmerman was, getting his head beaten against the concrete, and he said to himself:

Quote:
Damned if this chap doesn't appear to be a Negro! I'll have to shoot him...

Whereas he probably would not have shot another white person under the same circumstances??

NO, Gunga. Zimmerman got out of his car and followed Martin almost certainly because of Martin's skin color.

But you will never acknowledge that...so be it as it may.

And Zimmerman was the victim of his own rashness. A young man who was being followed...probably menacingly...and he turned to defend himself from the threat.

If George Zimmerman had stayed where he was supposed to stay...where he was advised to stay...he would not have bumped his head on the concrete when Martin tried to defend himself from what he perceived as a threat.
giujohn

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 02:32 pm
With regtard to Martin the point is moot. Zimmerman was found NOT GUILTY and NO civil rights violation was ever considered.

Also Martin was ducking in and out of doorways. So he was not exclusively on the sidewalk and Zimmermans injuries were well documented.

You all are beating a dead horse. (no pun intended)