He loves me but my boyfriend is abusive at times...

ginger5

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 04:15 pm
@deniserichardson,
I was in a relatioship where it turned abusive. I hate to tell you that is not love. It will get worse and more frequent.

You need to reach out to a women's shelter.
LunaSpirit

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 02:32 pm
@deniserichardson,
One Word: Run!
0 Replies

ddominique

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 07:18 pm
@deniserichardson,
Oh my God! You need to get out of that relationship. I knew this one girl that got married and her husband was very abusive. He would break her bones and she would go to the hospital and make up a lie and say to the doctors that it was something else. She wouldn't leave him though because of his threats to hurt or possibly kill her and that she still loved him! I couldn't believe her!He would come home drunk and hurt her so badly, the apologize, then hit her more, even more than when he was drunk. And now, he acually did kill her by cracking her skull open and she will never be on this earth again. This is a true story and I feel so bad for her.
Please don't let your boyfriend threaten or even touch you. It may seem that your boyfriend may never go to that extreme but that's what many people may think at first. No matter what he says, if he ever hurts or threatens you, he does not truly love you.
0 Replies

ricaluanna

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 10:17 pm
@deniserichardson,
leave him!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 09:12 am
Was there an uprising of social workers somewhere that revitalized this thread?
0 Replies

YourFriend218

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:22 pm
@deniserichardson,
Find someone to help you in the mean time, leave him, find a job, and file for child support. You don't want your son growing up in that type of environment. And you don't deserve to be hit for anything, he may come after your son one day. Get out while you still can.
MrGunscoZP

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 02:21 am
@YourFriend218,
Idiots. This was three years ago. By now, she either left, is killed or ignored everyone's advice and still lives with him. Also, I'm not sure if the "LEAVE!" advise is the best one.

I would have instead advised to audio- or videotape his behaviour and show it to a friend, a psychologist, or even even a group of people on the internet. And don't wait for his worst moments. Tape everything you can so your trustee(s) can get a full picture of the relationship you're in. No two relationships are the same. Then ask your friend/psychologist/arm chair experts if the sitiation can be changed.
This way, your friend(s) will be more understanding of you and your boyfriend and the psychologist/psychiatrist/DV centre/police/lawyer will thank you later on.
0 Replies

softballstar 48

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 08:38 am
@deniserichardson,
you should just try to talk to him about how serious the beatings r becoming. and if he dosen't leave him and if he trys to hurt u then i think u should call the police
0 Replies

Sir Sam Vimes

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 10:03 am
@deniserichardson,
No matter how much he says he loves you, if he's abusive then get out while you can.

This happened to a friend of mine in secondary school, and I watched her sink into a cycle of abuse to the point where she couldn't get out. As a guy, that's a terrible thing to see.
0 Replies

mchllantn

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 03:16 pm
@deniserichardson,
LEAVE. DON'T TELL HIM WHERE YOU ARE GOING. GET AS MANY PEOPLE WHO TRULY CARE ABOUT YOU (NOT HIS FAMILY) INVOLVED AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. THE MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED TO HELP YOU AND PROTECT YOU, THE MORE SAFE YOU WILL BE IF HE DECIDES TO LOOK FOR YOU AFTER YOU HAVE LEFT. ALSO SEEK THERAPY AS SOON AS YOU CAN. WHETHER YOU TAKE THE ADVICE TO LEAVE OR NOT, SEEK THERAPY. YOU HAVE BEEN ABUSED 4 YEARS. YOU WILL NEED SOMEONE TO HELP YOU COPE WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH. AGAIN, PLEASE GET EVERYONE INVOLVED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IF HE FEELS OUTNUMBERED BY THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU, HE WILL MORE LIKELY BACK OFF. (RESTRAINING ORDER WILL ALSO HELP A LOT)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 07:28 pm
Wow.

A double header.

Writing in all caps AND addressing a post from 4 years ago.
legalbillingsoftware

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2012 02:53 am
he has the capacity to hurt u, then he too has the capacity to hurt ur son..
leave him and seek for help.
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:02 am
@deniserichardson,
Stay in the relationship and let him beat you up. You obviously are doing something wrong so make sure you do everything he tells you 100%. don't be dumb figure that **** out. Make him food do all the **** he tells you. I mean **** your not even working how worthless of you. What do you thinks gona happen if you go to a battered women's shelter shits gona suck there and you will be homeless.
Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:05 am
@deniserichardson,
omg are you serious. Women have all the ******* power in the world. Just ******* accuse him of rape **** this **** have sex with him tell the authorities you had a break and he raped you make sure u got the kid before u go to the authorities. seriously just accuse him of rape he deserves it. if anything he will get a plea bargain and go into jail for like a year and a half. and get raped constantly which is what he deserves
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:07 am
@Insomnium,
sarcasm
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:08 am
@ginger5,
accuse him of rape
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:10 am
@chai2,
lmao
0 Replies

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 09:44 pm
@deniserichardson,
Leave him! Abuse victims are often killed! I will pray for you.
0 Replies

moonstars

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 11:37 am
@djjd62,
Please leave. I am ending a relationship with a man that has started to be like that. He made me feel in heaven, but then in hell.
Your man is being abusive, manipulative, he is so insecure of himself and low self esteem that has to be hurtful, so he can feel powerful. He is being selfish, love is blind and it confuses you, please see the reality. You can not feel afraid. is not right to make you feel bad and then fix things being loving, He knows you love him, and that you depend on him, that is why he takes you for granted and think no matter what he does to you, you will stay with him. You got to love yourself more, than love him. Is not right.

It wont be a good role model for your baby, when becomes a child will see this behavioral and is not good to raise a child in this scenario. Talk to your health community center, somebody neutral, your friends, your family, you will open your eyes. Good luck and be safe.
0 Replies

spitnmagravy

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:25 pm
@deniserichardson,
i know people refuse to think it exists.but i was in a reverse situation.my wife abused me mentally and phsically 18 years.being a man,i refused to hit her back of course.but also being a man,i took her outbursts as kinda like one of my kids throwing a tantrum.but as the years went on,i began to see the patterns,the link of drugs and alcohol to her behaviour.then the abuse spread towards our kids and really to anyone close to her during these outbursts.freinds and family.i tried the i know she will get better route.it never happens.eventually after years of living in poverty from moving.due to the landlords throwing us out,or because of her throwing me out every six months.i got away from it.the last of her shenaniganns she beat me up to the point my eyes swelled shut,tried to stab me,and then called the police saying i was the abuser.luckily some cops came who kinda knew me and saw right through her lies.she got arrested,removed from my home and we havn't seen each other since.i would not wish this type of life upon anyone ecspecially with kids.the best thing for you would really be to get out as soon as you can.the good times may be there sure,but probly because there his good times.i bet you having anykind of enjoyment makes him furious.it only gets worse.
0 Replies