Stripper as a wife.

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:23 pm
Chai wrote:
Let's face it, the term "dancer" does the word discredit. They get paid to give men erections, and frankly, I don't find that all that honorable a profession.

Hey! Are you knocking my erections now? Watch it!

Chai wrote:
Whoever said something about finding strippers "highly intelligent" probably never spent more than 5 minutes talking to one, and frankly is most likely talking out his a$$.

Five minutes is still five minutes longer than you were talking to them -- so if they are talking out of their asses, you are talking out of yours, too.

Chai wrote:
I don't know every stripper, but those are the ones I've known.

That's fine as far as it goes -- but just because you knew four unpleasant strippers, that doesn't say anything about the strippers the others have met. And it doesn't mean the others are most likely talking out of their asses.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:29 pm
Thomas, do you like to go to strip clubs?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:33 pm
I was thinking the same thing

Mostly, people who think highly of the majority of strippers and see no fault in any of them, are ones who might think they have a 'special' stripper who likes them to come into the club.

might even go so far as to buy them gifts.

I used to love it when I saw men do that.

just for the record, I have spent 3 years around strippers, strip clubs, and I have KNOWN, hung out with, had stripper roomates....... ehh..( yawn )
dont need to elaborate.

Im not saying they are all bad. But, sadly , the majority are.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:34 pm
That's none of your business -- but there most certainly is no dishonor in causing men erections!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:35 pm
And i will add,

if you can do it, and do it well, stay safe, and stay sane being a stripper isnt that bad. Think about it this way. 500.00+ a day. for about.. ehh.. 5 hours of work? Maybe less?

No. I have never been a stripper.
I dont care too.
I dont hate those who chose that life style, it just never appealed to me
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:35 pm
Thomas wrote:
That's none of your business -- but there most certainly is no dishonor in causing men erections!

Laughing

no, no there isnt.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:37 pm
Sorry shewolf, I was talking to Slappy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:43 pm
Thomas wrote:

So "yes."

My point is, strippers will tell their customers absolutely anything to get a dollar out of them. And a lot of guys fall for their crap, so they'll keep going back feeding them $$.

Such as "I'm a nursing student putting myself through school," so that guy thinks "wow, she's actually smart."

I know of a guy who had some stripper show him her "artwork" she was doing in art school. Then another time, another stripper at the same place pulled the same book out.

Another guy I went to high school with is one of the ugliest human beings I've ever seen. He was convinced this stripper was in love with him, and he'd always go to her club. It's all the game.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:47 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
My point is, strippers will tell their customers absolutely anything to get a dollar out of them. And a lot of guys fall for their crap, so they'll keep going back feeding them $$.

1. So?
2. I'm not convinced you personally know enough strippers to make sweeping generalizations about their profession.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:49 pm
Thomas, your 2nd quote of mine you added make no sense. "that's 5 minutes more than you were probably talking to them"?

I would think by my listing it was apparant I spent more than 5 minutes talking to them...They were my suitemate in college, meaning I lived with her, the roommate of my best friend, meaning I saw her all the time, at their apartment, when we would all go out together, on the phone, etc....
The 3rd was my neighbor, and saw her almost every day, and on the odd occassion my roommate couldn't do it, looked after the child for the evening myself....the 3rd I knew for other 2 years, and saw her about 4 times a week, had conversations of length with her, when to meals with her and others as a group....I hope that qualifies me for more than 5 minute conversations.

I was also very clear in stating I personally have never met a stripper.that was particularly bright or pleasant...but implying that I happened to meet the 4 stripper out of a million that weren't multi-lingual ambassadors of goodwill, with degrees in philosophy and political science is pure hogwash. Now that I think of it....the roommate of my friend? She'd have her friends she worked with come over, and although of course I don't remember everyone, it wasn't an impressive group.

I was attempting NOT to get into this back and forth of, "yes well, I know a stripper that speaks Latin and is a biochemist in her spare time. I was giving specifics of the people I actually have known, showing what their lifestyles were. 4 out of 4....one a ninny, one a hardened soul, a drug addled hooker and a tired mother.

All in all....typical of 4 people you might meet who all worked at a supermarket.

However, selling someone their food is more important, necessary and honorable than giving you a hard on. Which by the way, I really don't want to think about.

I would hate to have someone come up to me one day and say "Hey Chai, I saw your daughter at work last night. Man, she is sure talented. What a marvelous service she's providing to humanity. She can get my pecker harder than anyone else at that place."

Really, what are you supposed to talk about with your family and friends when the subject of jobs come up.

"I finally was able to get a student to understand algebra. He was struggling for so long, and to see that light turn on in his eyes, it warmed my heart"

"I resusitated an accident victim at the ER, she's going to be fine"

"I did a lap dance for a complete stranger, and he jerked off in his pants"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:50 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I was thinking the same thing

Mostly, people who think highly of the majority of strippers and see no fault in any of them, are ones who might think they have a 'special' stripper who likes them to come into the club.

<snip>

Im not saying they are all bad. But, sadly , the majority are.

Yeah. I'm sure that when Noddy wrote,

Noddy24 wrote:
Stripping isn't a career that I'd choose, but I've known several part-time strippers and I consider them respectable women.

She was just one of those suckers who's prone to going to stripclubs and getting conned by the girls.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:56 pm
Nimh,

I said mostly.

not everyone. Not all.

mostly
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:56 pm
Chai wrote:
Thomas, your 2nd quote of mine you added make no sense. "that's 5 minutes more than you were probably talking to them"?

Your allegation was that the people who knew sex workers they found intelligent "probably never spent more than 5 minutes talking to [them]". My point was, you didn't talk to these ladies -- the ones that others found intelligent -- at all. I'm not questioning that you adequately characterize the four strippers you met. But your observations in no way refute the observations others have made with other strippers they had met. So, in all due respect, when you disqualified those other people's observations, you didn't know what you were talking about.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:00 pm
Chai wrote:
Really, what are you supposed to talk about with your family and friends when the subject of jobs come up.

"I finally was able to get a student to understand algebra. He was struggling for so long, and to see that light turn on in his eyes, it warmed my heart"

"I resusitated an accident victim at the ER, she's going to be fine"

[shrugs] Where's the problem with this?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:02 pm
Ok Thomas, now I see what you were saying...

so you understand, I looked back and found who said that...it was OGIONIK, who is, from reading some of his other posts, a bit of a nutcase.

What he said was "Most strippers are extremely intelligent, good conversationalists".....that's like saying most people in general have the same quailities....which, isn't true.

let me be more specific, OGIONIK, in my mind, was speaking out of his a$$.

Better?
:wink:
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:04 pm
Much better.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:05 pm
Thomas wrote:
Chai wrote:

[shrugs] Where's the problem with this?

Yes, there is a problem with this, and there is obviously no need to explain to you why telling your father that you made a stanger do this is good dinner conversation..
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:08 pm
Chai wrote:
Yes, there is a problem with this, and there is obviously no need to explain to you why telling your father that you made a stanger do this is good dinner conversation..

I don't know to respond, Chai, except by saying that your prudishness is an enormous turn-on for me.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:10 pm
Thomas wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

1. So?
2. I'm not convinced you personally know enough strippers to make sweeping generalizations about their profession.

I don't have to know a ton, and it's not a sweeping generalization. I've heard it many times from other sources, including Dr. Drew, who hosted a sex-topic show.

After spending a whopping 10 seconds looking for something on the web, I found this website(http://www.obscenitycrimes.org/laydenhealthy.cfm), which says:

"Most strippers, as with other women who work in the sex industry, are adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Research indicates the number is between 60%-80%. One study found that 35% of strippers have Multiple Personality Disorder, 55% had Borderline Personality Disorder, and 60% had Major Depressive Episodes, These are severe psychiatric problems and many of them are connected to childhood sexual abuse. These are women who when they were little girls would get into their beds each night and roll themselves into a fetal position and every night he would come in and peel her open. The physical and visual invasion of little girl's bodies damages them psychologically and gives them a psychologically unhealthy view of sexuality. Often as adults they reenact their childhood trauma by working as strippers, Playboy models, and prostitutes. The men who, now as customers, physically and visually invade the adult women's bodies, reenact the role of the perpetrator. These women work in the sex industry because it feels like home."

Dude, you don't have to f'n justify the reasons to yourself you like strip clubs. What's the point of arguing the majority of strippers are head cases? It's pretty well known, unless of course you fall for their game. Like Chai said, it's stupid going back and forth with "I knew this one girl who was smart."
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:11 pm
I've known some skanky, drug addled strippers.

I've known some skanky, drug addled secretaries too.

Would the strippers be less skanky and drug addled if they worked in an office?

Okay, okay -- maybe they didn't make the best career choice but so frikken what?
0 Replies