Stripper as a wife.

Eva

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:55 pm
Would you have considered yourself "typical," then?

In your opinion, that is? Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:16 pm
Come to think of it, my ex husband had been a male prostitute through all his teenage years.

His opinion, as a general observation, was that all the other male prostitutes he knew, including him, would rob you blind and didn't care if they gave someone a disease. They just wanted the money to buy heroin and other drugs.

but, he didn't know all the other male prostitutes, so I guess this is all very unfair to say.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:23 pm
I once personally knew a professional stripper, she lived upstairs from me and was a student working on a Phd in geology. Nice lady, kinda shy, we used to walk around the park to get a beer once in awhile.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:55 pm
I have known several strippers. Years ago I knew a girl who was making tons of money and paying for her college education by stripping at the Naked Eye Lounge in Boston. I even dated one once. They are surprisingly human.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:11 pm
Chai wrote:
Come to think of it, my ex husband had been a male prostitute through all his teenage years.

His opinion, as a general observation, was that all the other male prostitutes he knew, including him, would rob you blind and didn't care if they gave someone a disease. They just wanted the money to buy heroin and other drugs.

but, he didn't know all the other male prostitutes, so I guess this is all very unfair to say.

So, did your experience with having been married to a former male prostitute change your opinion about female strippers? In your opinion?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:32 am
stuh505 wrote:
I've long since given up that lifestyle but I learned some important life lessons...such as that waterless hand cleaner can be used to wash off STD's in a pinch.

Just don't get it in the hole man... Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:48 am
can you prove that statement bella?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:53 am
shewolfnm wrote:
can you prove that statement bella?

Get hand sanitizer in the hole and get back with me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:53 am
Shocked

you HAVE met strippers..
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:32 pm
Chai wrote:
Actually, I wish Roxxxxanne would come back. She knows more strippers and hookers and all that stuff than all of us put together.

In general that is.

I am here.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 02:11 pm
dys wrote:

Quote:
I once personally knew a professional stripper, she lived upstairs from me and was a student working on a Phd in geology.

There's gotta be a joke about "getting rocks off" somewhere in there.
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 12:09 am
I used to strip. My fiance' is the manager of the club. He made me quit. He could not handle the thought of me stripping anymore. We are alot happier. I think you have to have a very open mind to withstand a relationship in the sex industry. Alot of strippers are broken. You can't be screwed in the head and have a good relationship. I for one had an eating disorder and could not recover until I got out of that type of business. Some of us were/are actually paying for school. I got my first degree with loans. My loan money ran out. When I went back to school for a second BA, I had/have to pay for my schooling myself. Stripping did that. I made about a thousand a night. I only worked twice a month. But, the job was degrading. But, for awhile I would not quit because I wanted to pay for school myself without my man's help. Now for the sake of my relationship, I let him help me with school and I have found a new job.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 04:12 pm
What country do you live in ricksang?
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 10:12 pm
USA
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 07:00 pm
I think Colbert's getting his ideas from us....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSikrbB_fs
cyphercat

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:01 pm
Oh God. Nice clip-- like so many Colbert Report and Daily Show bits, that made me simultaneously laugh and mourn...
0 Replies

beenthere

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 07:14 pm
How much money does the husband earn? How much physical contact do the dancers in her club have with the customers? Will her profession embarrass him and possibly sabotage his career path? (If he's a teacher or politician, for example, her career can kill his.) Last of all, what are her plans for the future? Strippers age out of their work eventually. (Source of knowledge - I was one for 9 months during an economic crisis.) In the long run, working as a stripper isn't emotionally healthy for a woman. I left that line of work as soon as I could, but it haunted me later. Almost a post-traumatic stress.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 08:49 pm
@DrewDad,
That link takes me to a big youtube page with no Stephen Colbert. I'd really like to see it. Do you have a more direct link?
DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:42 am
@boomerang,
I don't even remember what the clip was about....

I think Comedy Central has Colbert and Daily Report clips.
0 Replies

EnjoiTheRide

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:07 pm
@cybershoq13,
I recently just got engaged. Then she chose to be a stripper. I feel like this is the opposite of settling down and starting a family. I don't enjoy her cheating on me as her job. And there's plenty of reason to have a lack of trust to begin with. Who wants to marry a girl who would stoop that low and be willing to marry you, but not willing to give it up because it breaks your heart. Not me I'm back on the market as it were I suppose.