Having affair with happily married man?

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 07:32 am
Yeah, I've been following and I think your post this morning was an exemplary instance of restraint. I was sure we were going to get to watch a hair-pulling, mud-slinging wrestling match. But nooooo -- Bella goes and gets all calm, cool, and collected. Shewolf hasn't shown up yet, and there's still plenty of time yet for a Friday afternoon brawl. Very Happy

ironicbliss -- I agree that Bella came out swinging in her opening post. Calling someone a loser before they've said hello doesn't often end up with a good outcome. We all have hot spots -- things that elicit a strong visceral reaction. You happened to walk face first into Bella's. On the other hand, you seem to want to continue the harangue. Kudos to you for breaking off the relationship. Unless you choose to continue to engage folks in a tit-for-tat, this thread can die a natural death.

There are quite a few folks here who like your spunk and hope you stick around. A2K can be whatever you want it to be... a place to give and receive advice, make personal connections, look for battles to wage, whatever. Many of us start out here by asking a question and then discover a place that's pretty cool to hang out. I hope you decide to put the gloves down and take a look around.

That, or let me know whether to open the bookie window to take bets on the brawl. Cool
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 07:35 am
(Clown gets a jump on things by getting in line early in order to get my bet down before the odds change)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 07:38 am
Thanks guys.

It's nice to see that other people still value integrity and honesty in a world where both are sorely lacking.

But I am sure that some people will read this as:

"It's nice to see that there are other right wing conservative nuts with idealistic ideas about love and marriage out there to help me squash the desires and dreams of people who live outside of the perfect bubble. Those people should join my cult and be saved."
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 07:45 am
i ain't joining no stinking cult. Folks in cults are skeeery. They even let in clowns.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 07:45 am
I think people forget that integrity and honesty are what holds relationships together. Along with a smidgen of trust. Otherwise, what have you got? Simply two people sharing space for financial reasons. And periodic sex of course. Neither of which is strong enough to get you through the rough times in a relationship. **

**Advice from old married guy is offered free of charge. Not responsible for divorces caused by misapplying or misunderstanding said advice.**
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:05 am
JPB wrote:
i ain't joining no stinking cult. Folks in cults are skeeery. They even let in clowns.

By even remotely supporting my posts, you've dedicated yourself to my cult.

Welcome. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 10:25 am
http://www.jou.ufl.edu/Pubs/onb/S06/photos/Hare-057.jpg

Bella and the gals on a cult outing.
I was wearing tangerine that day.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 10:49 am
ironicbliss wrote:
I must say the picture you used is uncomfortably intriguing, kickycan. And we have the toe thing in common. But at the very least after all the merde I just put myself through I'm sticking with total strangers...not ones I just bared all my misdeeds to... Laughing

I guess I can understand that. After all, marriage is a big step. Let's just do it then. I'll be soaking my big toes in strawberry scented oils in anticipation...

ironicbliss wrote:
No really I'm afraid if I even joke on here shebitch or bellyup will attack!!

Don't worry about them. I'll keep them off your back. They do whatever I say. If I say jump, they say "how high?" Don't believe me? Watch this.

Bella, foot massage. NOW!

Shewolf. Bring me a Vodka martini--shaken, not stirred, extra dry, with an olilve. NOW!

They love to serve me.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 10:53 am
And moments after this photo was taken, the cult meeting was broken up when a strange clown unexpectedly goosed one of the members. Said the clown later, "I was only trying to get a little bit of cult-ure."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:08 pm
ironicbliss wrote:

No really I'm afraid if I even joke on here shebitch or bellyup will attack!!
By the way wolf lady...why DID it piss you off so much that I said you were kind of a bitch when 1. A bitch is a female dog, which you seem to use as your picture, and 2. You put a quote right by your name that says you actually ARE 'one sadistic bitch...guess your not used to people calling you what you beg to be called...even though I said that your really only 'kind of' a bitch...Ha ha!!

You know, in my haste to ignore you and your ridiculously childish comments, I missed this.

I find it facinating that you wanted approval and yet you continue to name call.

Is that all you are capable of or can you have a decent conversation with someone without resorting to name calling and five-year-old tantrums?

You want everyone to consider your position but you haven't stopped to consider ours. At least the ones that differ from your own.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:17 pm
ok -- window's open for bets. Current odds are 3:1 in favor of Bella.

I knew Friday afternoon was looming Cool
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:18 pm
Bella must not have anything else to do. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:21 pm
You're right, eoe, I don't.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:23 pm
na, I've noticed it before. Bella and Syn used to go at it on Friday afternoons too.

Before things go too far downhill though, from page 1

ironicbliss wrote:
Sounds like the general consensus is to cut my losses...which obviously I've been considering more, than trying to have a satisfied honest relationship with a man who can only show up 1/4 of the way...I appreciate all the input..I do believe I am selling myself short.

followed by

Bella Dea's first post to the thread wrote:
This guy is a loser. And so are you if you stay.

Seems like a lot of what has transpired has been unnecessary.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:24 pm
I still hold my position.

Regardless of whether it's a popular concensus or not.

My opinion is just like everyone elses on here; my own.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:26 pm
The only reason why you feel it is ok to call me a bitch is because I told you what you dont want to hear. I found your hot button.

Self Esteem.

I pointed it out to you that you have no self esteem and that your self control is something worth questioning, since you decided it was ok to go after a married man instead of finding a single guy.
Your own words were that all the men in the town you live in are taken.

That has to be the worst excuse in the world.

But, I didnt say anything about YOU , I started right away bashing HIM, .

You are so absorbed into this man that you are defending him even on the internet to some strangers.

That sounds pretty pathetic in my book, and a great example of low self esteem.

Im the bitch because Im not going to roll over and say " Ohh poor pity you " .
Im not going to pat you on the back for ending an affair you knew from the start was going no where.

An affair that you followed up by posting on the interent to some random forum in hopes of finding pity , or being told childish stories about star crossed lovers, thinking it might apply to you .

Instead, you get grown women telling you that you might want to consider re-evaluating your self esteem if you feel that all you can get, and all you deserve is a cheater for a man.... Or " a one time affair". And they are telling you this because it is obvious to THEM, but not you.
And you dont want to hear that.

You're lack of self esteem is what makes you lash out like a child when someone says something to you that you don't want to hear, throwing around words like bitch, and trying to hand out other insults.

So it sounds like, most of us were right all along.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:29 pm
I don't think anyone's questioning your position, bella. Oh wait, one guy did and said to get it from whoever and wherever you can. Dismissing that one, I think the point being missed is that there was a reaction that could be seen as insulting to the recipient and a response to the reaction that was equally, if not more, insulting in return.

I personally agree with your position (without the insults) and don't think the popular consensus is any different than yours and mine.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:30 pm
I don't think ironicbliss was looking for approval. I think she just wanted to discuss her experience.

Just a thought.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:31 pm
JPB wrote:
I don't think anyone's questioning your position, bella. Oh wait, one guy did and said to get it from whoever and wherever you can. Dismissing that one, I think the point being missed is that there was a reaction that could be seen as insulting to the recipient and a response to the reaction that was equally, if not more, insulting in return.

I personally agree with your position (without the insults) and don't think the popular consensus is any different than yours and mine.

Perhaps I should apologize. I am not above apologizing when I am wrong. You all know that.

So.....

ironicbliss, I apologize for calling you a loser.

That is not sarcastic. That is not mean-spirited. It is simply what it is.

I don't change the way I feel about this situation. However, I do apologize for the name calling.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 12:36 pm
Hmm.. am I expected to apologize for something now?

I have not called "ironic" anything. But I have called that guy a loser.

sheeshh... Sorry "guy" that I think you are worthless!!
I hope you can hear me!!!!!
0 Replies