shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:35 am
I think squinney is right.

If he has ... lets say .. broken arms,then he can not answer the phone.

If a rib poked him in the lungs, then he may be needing/using some kind of breathing assistant.. which might not allow for him to answer either.

If he has had several procedures done, his hearing aides may have been removed, again.. he couldnt answer the phone then.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:37 am
Confidentiality rules dont allow for anyone other then direct family to know about the condition of the patient.

maybe.. osso is a long lost sister... who just.. ya know.. happened to call ? To see how her brother is doing? eh??
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:49 am
You're certainly right - and I know quite a few whoc don't want a phone-line when in hospital.

I only thaught because roger called osso ...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:05 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Confidentiality rules dont allow for anyone other then direct family to know about the condition of the patient.

maybe.. osso is a long lost sister... who just.. ya know.. happened to call ? To see how her brother is doing? eh??

Nowadays, when you go into a hospital, (or even see a doctor) you have to list the people to whom information may be given. Has something to do with the HIPAA act, and is a total pain in the butt. It is supposed to protect a patient's privacy.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/consumer_summary.pdf

When I was taking care of my mother, I had to make up so many copies of the health care surrogate and power of attorney form that she signed, in order that her medical insurance would even talk to me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:15 am
There are no phones in the ICU. This is what worries me. Both rib and pelvic injuries can be very serious.

Interrogating the volunteer on the hospital switchboard about how to find Roger's room should yield the information as to what floor/ward his bed is in.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:21 am
Room 457 - osso said in the initial post.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:23 am
Noddy24 wrote:
There are no phones in the ICU. This is what worries me. .

Very true.

Most 'average' beds /rooms have phone , tv, and in some cases internet access.

(sigh)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:27 am
****.............the ICU is on the 4th floor.

http://www.sanjuanregional.com/assets/PDFs/SJRMCMap.pdf
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:30 am
I just spoke to Roger by telephone. He has a phone in his room now.
He is in pain as you can imagine and could only talk a second.

Apparently he was crossing a 4 lane highway and had made it to the median and when he went to cross the other two lanes was struck by a woman. He has three areas of concern in the pelvic region, but the orthopedist is waiting for test results to confirm exactly what's going on. Possibly one broken rib. At this point they are not considering asurgery of any kind.

At this point he had to hang up. Weere on the phone about three minutes. He sounds like he's in considerable pain.

I told him everyone on A2K was thinking and talking about him and wishing him well.

I did not get around to gaining permission to give out his phone number, but it is readily available if you call the hospital.

I'd give him a little time though. Just my opinion.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:33 am
As I remember hospital organization, there is the ICU and then a transition area between constant care and monitoring and the "regular" beds.

Where ever he is, he's there (barring emergencies) until doctor's rounds on Monday morning.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:33 am
Well osso DID SAY it was serious.. Confused

Thanks for the update Bpb.

Scary scary scary
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
Thanks, bear.

And 'yes', I don't think dozens of calls will do a lot of good in the moment.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:38 am
BPB--

Facts are so much more comforting than speculation. Thank you.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:39 am
Could someone please convey my good wishes for a speedy recovery to roger please.

Humour... the best medicine.

Quote:
when he went to cross the other two lanes was struck by a woman. He has three areas of concern in the pelvic region

I was once struck by a woman in the pelvic region. I can confirm it was painful.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:40 am
segue;
I do remember when I had a stroke and the lady Diane (who practically lived in my hospital room) tried to phone me and i couldn't even find the phone let alone answer it, I was VERY frustrated.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:42 am
I just have to say this (since no one else has) -- Don't dis Dys!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:43 am
I'm very sorry to hear of Roger's accident & am joining in on the OMMMMMMMMMMMMing for for a fast recovery. I'm relieved that someone's been able to step in & look after his cats. He'd have been terribly worried if there was any problem.

Sorry to hear of your son's mishap, too, Eva. I hope he perks up soon.

Thanks for that update, Bear.

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:44 am
theres that Dys character again..

obviously, he chewed through his straps ..
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:59 am
Dys' experience in the hospital remilnds me that Roger has enough to cope with right now; we don't want him to suffer frustrations related to our needs. I DO wish, however, that a nurse could tell him that many people from something called "A2K" have sent expressions of concern and love for him.

Good, looking back I see that Bi-Polar has already given him this message. Thanks, BPB.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 09:20 am
Bear
Bear, thanks for the info. Diane will return from Colorado on Monday. Tuesday, Dys, Diane, Osso and I will get together to talk about when would be the best time to drive to Farmington to visit Roger.

BBB
0 Replies