ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 02:04 am
Roger may be fine soon, tossing off this part of the thread. Good, then we can argue...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:00 am
Lets get Roger well. OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:16 am
Osso--

Thanks for sharing the news. Pelvic injuries can be a bitch--a painful bitch--and ribs are supposed to protect the lungs, not puncture them.

You're entitled to be driven mildly distracted.

I hope the driver of the car is dealing with a massive attack of guilt.

Can anyone come up with an exact snail mail address? I'll try, but my computer skills aren't Blue Ribbon quality.

Eva--

Kids! Kids with eye sockets! Did the ball come to him or was he seeking the ball?

I have some sympathy for the chaperone--and of course, for your son, who is having a painful adventure instead of a carefully-prepared-for educational experience.

Also for you and Mr. Eva. Please keep us posted.

All together with Farmerman: OMMMMMMMMMMM OMMMMMMMMM OMMMMMMMMMM.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:21 am
EVa , sorry but osso was mini meltdowning here and I missed the news your kids accident . OOOOOOMMMMMMMMM . Jeez, the eye is not something that is friendly with a line drive.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:21 am
Eva wrote:

I just walked in from the emergency room with SonofEva, as a matter of fact. He went on a school trip to St. Louis today and got hit in the eye with a ball. We picked him up at the airport at 11:30 and took him straight to the emergency room. They estimate it will be at least 3 a.m. before they get to him, so I came home to get some sleep. Dad is staying up there with him. His vision is blurry, he has a black eye, and we suspect his cornea is scratched at the least. Will check in on Roger here in the morning and let you all know how things are going for our boy, too.

Eva, Hope all goes well with SonofEva. Ouch. Please keep us posted.

Roberta (aka kumquat)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:41 am
Noddy24 wrote:

Can anyone come up with an exact snail mail address? I'll try, but my computer skills aren't Blue Ribbon quality.

It's on this website, Noddy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:47 am
Walter--

Thank you.

Snooping sideways I found:

http://snipurl.com/1iizb

This is the "contact patients" by e-mail site. Messages will be delivered to a computer and then taken to the patient's bedside by a hospital volunteer.

Roger is likely to be in limbo this weekend. Orthopedic Surgeons--and Orthopedic Surgical teams use weekends for R&R.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 05:50 am
Eh, that's the same site - used it already when I read the bad news.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 06:09 am
Walter--

You're a step ahead--two steps. I was thoroughly overwhelmed by the possibilities for e-mail and you took modern communication for granted.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 06:25 am
Poor Roger. That's pretty scary. The pelvis is a very important factor in walking, so heal well, Roger.

Pretty nifty hospital e-mail idea. I like that. We can send all sorts of messages to keep him (and the staff that prints them) entertained.

Thanks for sharing the news, Osso.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 06:28 am
My concern

(bm)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 06:36 am
I just sent Rog an email. When I was sick he called me several times. Great guy.

funny (peculiar, not ha ha) I took a spill off my bike on Tuesday and landed on my ass on a busy Raleigh street and just missed getting hit by a car. Fortunately I just left a little piece of my knee on the road and got back on and went about my business. Here in the next hour I'm about to go on a long ride. I'll be a little more aware of my surroundings than usual after reading about Rog I think.

They can do so much more orthopedically than they used to be able to...... I'm sure a healthy guy like Rog will be up and around sooner rather than later. We'll all keep that happy thought for him.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:30 am
Thanks for posting this, Osso.

Note to all: Look back a few posts to find a link to where you can email
Roger in the hospital.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:38 am
The link to email the hospital ...
Walter Hinteler wrote:
It's on this website, Noddy.

Just sent a note to Roger.

~~~~~~~

Sending an ommmmmmmm to the gang, and best wishes to SonofEva and clan.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Roger, slow and steady wins the race.

Hang in there.
0 Replies

au1929

Hoping for a speedy recovery and seeing Roger healthy and back on a2k soon. He will be missed.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:40 am
Ommmmm

Sonofeva

Ommmmm

Roger
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:40 am
Hope Roger is soon on the mend.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:42 am
0mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:43 am
Oh, Lord, osso. Thanks for letting us know. I'll email him right away. Just when I thought that things were getting better. Crying or Very sad

Eva, that boy of yours is too intelligent to stay ill for long.
0 Replies