ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 06:37 pm
I haven't asked the hospital how he is, as I presume they wouldn't say.

I'm guessing he probably didn't have his cell phone with him. I had his cell number, but lost it in my last computer melt.

Well, along with what Walter tried so repeatedly and politely to tell me last evening, I hope things aren't too serious.

Lash, did you try calling? Walter tried and had no luck reaching him at the time..
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 06:47 pm
I like Roger. I just sent him a message that said we need his pithy comments here on A2k.

I like Dys.
I have to say that.
If he ever pays me back that money well maybe then I'll be free to speak my mind.

Regards SonofEva: Damned kids! It's always something. BTW, my youngest is now 35 and it's still always something! Damned kids!
(Whew, what good news)

Joe(I told the nurse to make sure she spells it pithy with no esses)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:01 pm
You're right. I don't think we have anyone so very pithy as Roger...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 08:04 pm
no news!?! Grr..... Dys, Diane, Osso, BBB, drive up there!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 10:00 pm
No diagnosis?

Phooey.

Who's dys?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 10:02 pm
I'm still concerned about his cats......... can we ask the nurses if anyone has been contacted to care for his cats?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 10:23 pm
Fer crying out loud, what's going on with Roger? Can't anyone get through to him?!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 10:43 pm
Osso has informed me that his cats are looked after. Now, where is that Roger....?

(Also, I haven't said so before, glad to hear that SonofEva is doing ok)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:00 pm
I don't KNOW that they're looked after, but he was well awake and smart when I talked to him and he cares greatly for the cats; also has friends in his area, plus workmates. (Some of his cats are at work).

As I told littleK, I'd be surprised if the hospital would tell us how he is doing, since we aren't family. But, maybe the nurses' station would ask him for us about the cats. I'll call in the morning. If either of you want to call now, jump on it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:07 pm
Oops, misunderstood Osso. It would take an act of dog for me to make that phone call.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:13 pm
I'm still ommmming for Rog and very happy to hear than SonofEva will be ok.

Rumor has it that Dys likes Diane somewhat. Oh, and seems as though he likes Bean too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:48 pm
I'd tried to phone him directly - had the idea that, like here, you've a phone at your bed.
Besides that, I phoned before 8am local time yesterday - could have been the wrong time, too.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:39 am
Well, I know from experience that the hospital will not update Roger's condition but require a pin number. Very, very frustrating, but the head nurse on the floor would take a hand held phone into the patient's room. Wonder if anyone has tried that approach?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:40 am
Letty- Thanks for the "heads up". Sent Roger an E Mail, and will call him when it is a decent hour in New Mexico!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:44 am
Letty wrote:
Very, very frustrating, but the head nurse on the floor would take a hand held phone into the patient's room.

Ah, that's what they wanted to explain. [Still wondering why they don't have phones for each patient.]
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:46 am
Walter- Yeah, that IS strange. Most hospitals have a phone for each patient. The only time that I have ever encountered that was when my mother was in a nursing home for rehab. It was a real pain in the patoot!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:49 am
( Hands out coffee)

No news yet huh?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:26 am
Hey roger. Get yourself better fella.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:28 am
How is it possible that we can't find out how Roger is? There must be a way to get some news.

I never heard of a modern hospital that didn't have phones available in rooms. It's possible that Roger opted not to have one.

Hey, Osso. Why not send Roger an e-mail and ask him to call you again?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:31 am
He may be in a situation where he is unable to answer the phone (traction / cast/ etc) and it may have been removed for that reason. I like the e-mails going to him. Will five him something to read.

Wishing we had an update....
0 Replies