Amigo

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 12:47 am
roger wrote:
I'm hazy on the details, but apparently it was mine. I was cited for failure to yield. It's academic anyway. She was uninsured, so I should benefit from my 'uninsured motorist insurance' regardless of fault. And if she is uninsured, it's because she hasn't the money for insurance, meaning there's not much point in filing a suit.
Very good points roger.

Your brain seems to be working pretty good (and realistically)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 04:47 am
Sending best wishes from the Big Apple!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 06:13 am
and where would that be?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:34 am
Hey Rog, How's it going?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 03:59 pm
Wow, Roger, the financial side of this never occurred to me. I hope THAT heals too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 06:26 pm
Pretty good health insurance. Best possible outcome is $1000.00 co-pay hospital and $500.00 for ambulance. Plus prescriptions, of course. May be higher, but they haven't kicked out a bill yet.

Oddly, the financial side was the first thing I thought of. The ambulance arrived and I think I said "How's the bike, and hey, I've got Lovelace insurance."
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 06:30 pm
Here's hoping for the best possible outcome, Roger.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 06:39 pm
So, how is the bike?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:29 pm
Just talked with roger a bit .... but forgot to ask how the bike is, Swimpy. :wink:

(He's not doing too bad, after three days at work, it seems. [Though it certainly isn't easy either.])
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 05:49 pm
Lovelace Insurance? I've heard of them: they're the outfit that gives you a BJ instead of money. Right? Gus recommended it to me once.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:43 pm
Don't know, Swimpy. I am told there's not a scratch on it, proving you should always lead posterior first. My place was painted and carpeted while I was in the hospital, and there are tons of stuff, including the bike out in the storage shed. I haven't quite dug down to it yet, as I'm still fairly limited in what I can do. Also, I'm not quite up to riding yet anyway. When I can get to it, I'll take it to the bike shop for a quick looking over if it seems okay to me.

It better be in good shape. Before the accident, I had ordered and received (but not installed) a Brooks saddle, a pair of seat bags, and a Thompson elite seatpost. The only thing would transfer to my old bike is the seat bag. The saddle has an unconditional "return for any reason" as I bought it from Wallingford Bike Parts. Guarantee is the kind I like. If you decide you dont' like it, you can return it within 6 months for full refund.

Hah! See how I'm improving? A few weeks ago, I couldn't have sat at the keyboard long enough to come up with two paragraphs.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:49 pm
go roger!
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:51 pm
roger wrote:
...The saddle has an unconditional "return for any reason" as I bought it from Wallingford Bike Parts. Guarantee is the kind I like. If you decide you dont' like it, you can return it within 6 months for full refund...

Too bad our keisters don't come with a guarantee like that!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 03:18 am
glad to learn you are on the mend roger

I bought a Kettler German bike recently. Really enjoy riding it - away from traffic.

hope you're feeling 100% very soon.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 04:16 am
Glad to hear things getting better, Rog :-D
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:13 am
Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass (Wink) about the bike. I'm just glad the rat's ass is improving day-by-day. I read that you were back at work. I hope that helps to get your mind off the pain a bit. I'm sure it eases your financial worries. Hang in there, Rog.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:21 am
Roger
Your recovery is a good reason to celebrate on 4th of July.

BBB
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 11:11 am
ditto about the rat's ass. as well as the rest of him.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 06:24 pm
You know Steve, I've got a Kettler rowing machine, and I'm pretty sure it's the same company. It's in storage at the moment, and I'll probably be in condition for the bike before I am for rowing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:09 am
Yeap, it's the same company. They make (plastic) toys and (plastic) garden furniture as well - situated quite close to us.
0 Replies