At least 20+ dead students in Virginia Tech; shooter dead

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:57 am
cjhsa wrote:
When one of your illegal cook staff pulls out his stolen SNS and robs you after hours, I think that smirk will be gone from your face, OB.

Question Cook staff? Bill? And illegal?

Any proof for anything of that what seems to be totally nonsense?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:04 am
Walt, prove to me you actually exist.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:28 am
Endymion wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:
This thread has moved on to gun control and such. Which is fine. But in light of Revel's story above, I cite a story-a brief snippet of a story-I heard today on NPR. All of 60 seconds long.
A banner was hung at a school in Baghdad expressing sorrow and solidarity with the VT family.
More than 200 professors from that school have been killed.

I hear you

I hear you, too, RJB.

That's very moving.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 01:04 pm
A Tale Of Two Cities Where A Couple Of People Forgot To Take Anti-stupidity Pills Monday

At VT yesterday, as classes resumed, an instructor stood in front of his students, extended his arms, thumbs and forefingers and pretended to shoot the kids. The instructor no longer works for VT.

And last night at UVA, a "massive" number of UVA, city, county and state police responded to a call of an armed man in an engineering school building. "Authorities...some with pistols drawn and others armed with shotguns...went hallway by hallway and floor by floor." They arrested a student with a bb-gun. There were only a few students in the building, perhaps a couple of dozen, at 11 pm, doing research. They evidentally barricaded themselves in rooms and the police had trouble convincing some of them that the incident was over.

The arrested student was working on a film project. Reportedly the bb-gun was not loaded but it is against the law for anyone other than law-enforcement officers to carry any type of gun on Grounds.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:43 pm
cjhsa wrote:
When one of your illegal cook staff pulls out his stolen SNS and robs you after hours, I think that smirk will be gone from your face, OB.

Have a nice day.
Laughing You could well have pitied any fool who attempted to rob me while my cook staff was there.

And I can prove Walter actually exists. :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:58 pm
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/95/harborpics626174oz3.th.jpg
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:01 pm
How touching.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:11 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Many of us have had the pleasure of meeting Walter. Of course, some of the many are left-wing liberals so it could be a conspiracy to deceive cjhsa. Yeah, a vast conspiracy where we dreamed up Walter. Could that be a cardboard cut-out of "Walter?"
Perhaps it could be in the metaphysical sense. What does exist mean?

Meanwhile, cjhsa, tell us more about Bill's illegal immigrant staff and their inherent ruthless dishonesty.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:37 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Many of us have had the pleasure of meeting Walter. Of course, some of the many are left-wing liberals so it could be a conspiracy to deceive cjhsa. Yeah, a vast conspiracy where we dreamed up Walter. Could that be a cardboard cut-out of "Walter?"
Perhaps it could be in the metaphysical sense. What does exist mean?

Meanwhile, cjhsa, tell us more about Bill's illegal immigrant staff and their inherent ruthless dishonesty.

Can't wait for the next exciting instalments to these stories! Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:41 pm
HokieBird wrote:
Vermont and New Hampshire are two of the least restrictive states when it comes to purchasing guns. Remembering even former Governor Howard Dean supports gun rights. The two states with the lowest rates of homicides using guns are also Vermont (0.48 per 100000 people) and New Hampshire (0.43).

That low crime rate has nothing to do with gun control. VT and NH highly woodsy areas, aren't filled with cities and/or ghettos, and don't have too many or any gangs. People up there buy guns to hunt, aren't exactly many thugs running the streets of VT.

Which is why there's no reason NH and VT should have tough gun laws as states like MA, NY, CA, where it makes more sense to have tighter gun laws.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:56 pm
Hey, I agree with Slappy...

Have met and quite like Walter and O'Bill and RealJohn.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:21 pm
I don't care what O'Bill says . . . he lies all the time anyway.

I don't believe in Walter, either.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:23 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
HokieBird wrote:
Vermont and New Hampshire are two of the least restrictive states when it comes to purchasing guns. Remembering even former Governor Howard Dean supports gun rights. The two states with the lowest rates of homicides using guns are also Vermont (0.48 per 100000 people) and New Hampshire (0.43).

That low crime rate has nothing to do with gun control. VT and NH highly woodsy areas, aren't filled with cities and/or ghettos, and don't have too many or any gangs. People up there buy guns to hunt, aren't exactly many thugs running the streets of VT.

Which is why there's no reason NH and VT should have tough gun laws as states like MA, NY, CA, where it makes more sense to have tighter gun laws.

Every set of stats on crime rates in the US I've seen indicate that the most important variable is the number of black males, not the gun laws, in a particular area. But the US, like Western Europe, is very politically correct so most would rather talk about guns and violence in entertainment.

States that allow registered citizens to carry concealed weapons have lower crime rates than those that don't.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:34 pm
Setanta wrote:

Shocked You don't believe in Walter!

Outrageous!
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:50 pm
HokieBird wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
HokieBird wrote:

Every set of stats on crime rates in the US I've seen indicate that the most important variable is the number of black males, not the gun laws, in a particular area. But the US, like Western Europe, is very politically correct so most would rather talk about guns and violence in entertainment.

States that allow registered citizens to carry concealed weapons have lower crime rates than those that don't.

Show us the stats.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:46 pm
msolga wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Shocked You don't believe in Walter!

Outrageous!

More than just outrageous. I think disbelief in Walter is considered not only heretical and blasphemous but a mortal sin, according to the Church.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:50 pm
HokieBird wrote:

I knew the race card would be played sooner or later. Give a white supremacist enough rope and he'll string hisself up fer damn' sure.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:54 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
HokieBird wrote:

I knew the race card would be played sooner or later. Give a white supremacist enough rope and he'll string hisself up fer damn' sure.

Me and Tony Blair.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:56 pm
xingu wrote:
HokieBird wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
HokieBird wrote:

Show us the stats.

Doesn't seem to be politically correct, so let's just discuss violence in entertainment instead.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:12 pm
HokieBird wrote:

1) Why do YOU think that the number of black males is proportional to the number of gun crimes?

2) Like I said, the states that have the less strict gun laws are states like NH, VT, New Mexico, ect., which are rural, don't have a lot of cities and gangs. Obviously the crime rates are going to be lower. It has nothing to do with the gun laws.
0 Replies