American Idol New Season Tonight

Reyn

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:52 am
Foxfyre wrote:
[...] So what do you think? It will be Lakisha and Chris who go next week?

That would be my initial reaction, but you never know. If Phil or Blake have an "iffy" performance, it could be one of them, too.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:20 am
I thought last night's show was a lot of fun and think all 6 did quite well.

It will be tough to decide which 2 will leave tonight.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 12:35 pm
I don't like much of the modern rock though a lot of Bon Jovi's stuff is better than some. So I prefer a different genre but otherwise they all did reasonably well I think. I thought Simon was waaaaay off base with Phil though since I thought he turned in one of the better performances and he was the one Simon ripped the most.

As of this hour, the AI straw poll has Phil still in the lead followed by Jordin, Melinda, Blake, Lakisha, and Chris. It will be interesting to see which two actually leave tonight.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 12:49 pm
Bon Jovi sucks. They are not a rock band. They are a couple of $500 haircuts with guitars.

I think Chris and Phil should go, but I'm thinking it might be Chris and Lakisha. Jordin kind of sucked last night, but she'll probably stay just because she's so popular with the little kiddies. I wish she would just get kicked off already though. She annoys me.

Also, I think somehow this is all fixed. How the hell does it always conveniently even out to be the same number of guys as girls each week? Come on.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 01:05 pm
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:24 pm
Dear God, who was that falsetto vagina that just sang? That was the worst thing I've ever heard. That was like the soundtrack to erectile dysfunction.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:28 pm
That Ford commercial was an abortion.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:44 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Dear God, who was that falsetto vagina that just sang? That was the worst thing I've ever heard. That was like the soundtrack to erectile dysfunction.

that was sanjayas boyfriend...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:47 pm
bye bye, Phil
bye bye, Phil. He was pretty fair, actually.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:48 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
In Seasons 3 and 4 that all the guys got voted off early so I think it was all girls left for the last 3 or 4 weeks. No wait, there was Bo Bice left for the final in Season 4. In Season 2 it was guys left near the end. Last year it was Kat and all guys the last several weeks. I didn't watch Season 1 so don't know how it went but they sure picked a star as the American Idol that year.

Okay, so I was wrong about the fix being in. Forgive me. But I was right about who is going home tonight. Phil and Chris. Yeah! Don't tell me I don't have my finger on the pulse of America!

Of course, I wasn't sure at the time of my picks, but that was only because I thought there was a fix-job going on.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:26 pm
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:58 am
And now they are three. The straw poll vote has Jordin first, then Melinda, and Blake bringing up the rear. I am expecting it to be Jordin and Melinda in the final, but who knows? Blake is popular for sure.

I have a Season Four CD with the touring group doing a stunning rendition of "When You Tell Me That You Love Me". AI hasn't come up with anything comparable since. I certainly hope they don't put that BeeGees medly they did Wednesday night on a CD. It was AWFUL. No really memorable moments this past week I think.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 01:14 pm
I promise you Blake will be going this week. If I'm wrong, I'll yank out my own eyeballs with a pair of pliers and eat them.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 01:18 pm
You want ketchup and fries with that?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 01:29 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
You want ketchup and fries with that?
You got a promotion?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 02:54 pm
Dyyyyys! You bad boy. Very Happy

Blake needs to go. Melinda or Jordan can win and do extremely well for years to come. Blake would / will fizzle.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:02 pm
melinda. period. although I'd prefer to have sex with jordin. after she turns 18 of course, i'm no pervert.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:04 pm
Well, that sucks. How could the most talented one lose? That makes the finale suck for me. Blake's annoying. Jordin's annoying. I don't give a damn who wins now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:14 pm
You shut up about my new girlfriend Jordan!! I have a blister on my phone finger from voting for her. I hope, I hope, I hope she sings her huge ass off next week or whenever the finals are.

Go Jordin.

Oh, and please stop singing I who have nothing. You have it all.

Joe(can an atheist pray for a win?)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:16 pm
Kicky - you won't be seeing the finale anyway if you keep your promise... Very Happy

Melinda gone? That really sucks. Big time!
0 Replies