American Idol New Season Tonight

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:23 am
There seem to be a lot of girls this season. At least I feel that we see them the most.

I didn't like the two best friends last night. The shorter one is already on my bad side. She's WAY too cocky. I did like her tall brunette friend.

From Tuesday night,

I LOVED the footloose guy (Topher) who came on to show his wife who just left him for another man that he can make something of himself. I felt terrible that he didn't make it, but he was hilarious!

Sundance Head, the guy who sang stormy Monday, was pretty good. He's got that cute teddy bear personality that I find endearing ...and he's from TX!!!

In an interview, Simon was asked who he predicted to go to the finals, he said this year is like Season I. It's too hard to tell because there is such a wide variety that he expects to be surprised, but there were a few girls, and ONE guy that he saw making it. He said the guy was someone who had an amazing voice, but didn't LOOK the part of AI. There were a few guys who made it that didn't LOOK the part of AI.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 12:34 am
I loved the family who said,

Simon needs to go back to... Where he from? French?
then Seacrest says, he's british.
she says well then he needs to go back to british.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 09:39 am
That's one thing I credit the show for. In spite of whatever evil pervades all television--for example, the judges' strategically placed Coke glasses--at least you see real people. You know, compared to the overpriveleged drunks on MTV's Real World.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 10:33 am
I like the NC white trash girl because she has really big tits.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 01:11 pm
I see I'm not alone in my pious judegment.

Um, also there's another dumb blonde from the south who's pretty hot. She had a really high voice.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 09:52 pm
I am in love with that Antonella Barba chick already. Gotta love the Jersey girl. I think that Chris guy with the big mop-hair is going to be really good. Did that Ebony Jointer make it? The one that came in with her two friends on roller skates for her audition? Anyone know? She must have. I think she could take the whole thing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:35 am
I just found out that Ebony chick didn't make it. That's just wrong. She kicked ass! And they didn't even show any of her hollywood singing! I think it's because she did that lingerie football thing a few years ago. F*cking puritanical bastards! I'm going to have to kill somebody now. Dammit, I don't really feel like killing someone. Killing people is a lot of work.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:40 am
but kicky.... that glow you get after a job well done.....

I was out last night celebrating V Day and Birthdays... I missed Idol.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:49 am
I'm sure you weren't really worried about missing it though. Sounds like you had a fun night.

Well, gotta go make plans for the killing of Paula and Simon now. Wish me luck!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:50 am
I'd like to do Paula while she's still warm if that's okay with you...
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 02:32 pm
I love Chris (believe this is the jack osbourne), phil (wife had baby while he was at first auditions), and one other guy.. forgot his name.

Guys are strong this season!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 07:13 pm
Okay, everybody shut up! It's starting!!! The new hacks are getting ready to do their homage to mediocrity!!!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:18 pm
Cowell and Seacrest need to rent a pool suite, buy some brandy and codoms, and just get it over with.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:26 pm
The majority are instantly forgettable, out of memory by the end of the commercials. The only one I thought had a little originality was the guy who does beat box and has a Flock Of Seagulls hairdo. I think his name is Blake.
I kept having feelings of deja vu - heard it and seen it all before at some girl's Sweet 16 party (big yawn).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:27 pm
To whoever was bitching at me about watching auto racing for the wrecks, well here ya' go.

Idol sucks.

Do any of these dou-che-bags play guitar? Shut up already.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:15 pm
cjhsa wrote:
To whoever was bitching at me about watching auto racing for the wrecks, well here ya' go.

Idol sucks.

Do any of these dou-che-bags play guitar? Shut up already.

0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 06:57 pm
I like the beat-box kid and Phil. Phil seems like a nice guy all-around, looks nice, and sings well. Still very early though.

I was disappointed in my early favorite Chris (Jack Osbourne).

The Asian guy came off cocky to me which is a turnoff.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 08:48 pm
I have a question. Why, when that frog-faced little worm, Ryan, is giving the phone number, do all the contestants feel the need to put up the amount of fingers for whatever the last digit of the phone number is? Say the number is 1-866-555-1003, for instance. Dopey has to put up three fingers and mug for the camera. Why? Are there people out there who can't put the correct phone number with the appropriate moron? I mean, the number is on the screen next to your face, for christ's sake. We don't need your help, Zippy. Just stand there and try to look like a real human being until the commercial comes.

From this point forward, whenever I see any of them put up fingers like that, I will mentally disqualify them from the competition. I urge you all to do the same.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:00 pm
Okay. So I know you're likely tired of my pretentious deconstructions of Idol, but I can't resist.

This is the only show where you can see a shallow amoeba like Ryan Seacrest, and the most soulful single mother in the universe, Lakisha, standing arm in arm.

It's surreal. And it keeps me interested, and disgusted with myself.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:01 pm
Gargamel, face it, you are American Idol's bitch.
0 Replies