American Idol New Season Tonight

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 09:10 pm
Stupid phuckin show. Its the TV equivalent of golf.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 09:32 pm
I watched the first two seasons, but it went from talent show to freak show. The cruelty level goes too far, some of these people are truly disturbed and the last thing they need is to laughed at on national TV. One of these days we are going to hear that a rejected person went home and committed suicide.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 09:36 pm
That's what it took to get Jenny Jones off the air. But Jerry Springer marches on.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:24 am
farmerman wrote:
Stupid phuckin show. Its the TV equivalent of golf.

HEY!! Don't insult golf. If Tiger is playing, it's the best thing on tv in our house! Very Happy

Tonight was kind of slow too. In the other seasons, the auditions are the best part, but this season ...the contestants are taking it too seriously (as they should), so what it meant to be funny is just sad, pitiful, and VERY DRAWN OUT.

That guy that looked like one of those weird creatures from LOTR (huge eyes) and his overweight friend were hilarious. I really liked his friend (overweight guy), and am SO glad no one made fun of him! But LOTR dude really thought his stuff didn't stink. Laughing

Red cracked me up too!

That 6'4 chick was ...well, tall. Wink

Having only one exit door was annoying. I got tired of them saying "the other door."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 06:41 am
When somebody knows so much about American Idol they should re-acquaint themselves with "life".
Ill be signing off A2k soon.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:41 am
Maybe they should get the Nuge to blast the losers off the stage with a paint ball gun. That might be fun.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:51 am
the show is cathartic for me. Imagine the worst Idol has to offer. Now imagine seeing them show after show, year after year, singing the same couple of songs and slaughtering them, complaining they can't be heard because you don't know how to run the board.... or asking for three startovers per song while they search out the key, saying "the words go by to fast, what's wrong with your equipment", "I signed up over an hour ago when is it going to be my turn (that usually starts 10 minutes after they sign up).

I once had a girl slap my face so hard she left a handprint on it because I didn't get to her. I 've had my truck tires slashed in the parking lot by disgruntled singers. (that one got himself perp walked and arrested on his job the next day)

I love watching the judges say the things I'd like to say but can't because karaoke pays my mortgage. :lol
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:59 am
BpB, you could really help explain the word "redneck" to noinipo (ain't calling you one).
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:20 am
It's not just rednecks that behave that way. I've seen it everywhere from Brooklyn to Paris. Some people just think they are God's little divas and can't understand while the world can't see it too. I once saw a woman doing karaoke in an East Village club, she was beyond bad, but she obviously thought she was the next Edith Piaf. At first the audience sort of egged her on for fun, but after awhile people just wanted her to shut up. A few yelled at her to sit down and a few booed. She kept going. Finally the guy running the show came over to her and tried nicely to get her off the stage. She reached down to a nearby table, grabbed a full mug of beer and poured it on the equipment, she then started kicking speakers and such. Cops were called, she was screaming, the guy was cursing at her...As she was being lead out by the cops she kept yelling "You little m&*$#f$$%'s will be begging me to sing in this dump when I become a star" etc etc. I kept waiting for her to show up on AI, but she's probably past the age limit now.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:24 am
it's a grand life if you don't lose your nerve....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:24 am
That was you, wasn't it, Green Witch?

I just KNOW it!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:29 am
I tried to watch that thing with the Lovely Bride last night because she
thinks it's hilarious. That stuff is just way to cruel for me, so I went out
for a walk and looked for a puppy to kick.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:31 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That was you, wasn't it, Green Witch?

I just KNOW it!

Naa I know I can't sing, but I'm a darn good dancer (with or without clothing).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:55 am
George wrote:
I tried to watch that thing with the Lovely Bride last night because she
thinks it's hilarious. That stuff is just way to cruel for me, so I went out
for a walk and looked for a puppy to kick.

Seacrest staring down the awkward dude was priceless.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:39 am
farmerman wrote:
When somebody knows so much about American Idol they should re-acquaint themselves with "life".

What's the weather like, way up there on your horse?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
I couldn't watch after seeing part of it on Tuesday. Instead I watched criminal minds and CSI - much nicer to see a serial killer chopping up women and the inevitable autopsy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:32 pm
I don't approve of anyone hacking a woman to death... but I understand it...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:14 pm
Chris... Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:15 pm
Gargamel wrote:
farmerman wrote:

What's the weather like, way up there on your horse?

<snork>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:24 pm
In the good old days, people sat at soda fountains waiting to be discovered.

Sitting at Soda Fountains is not a Spectator Sport.
0 Replies