American Idol New Season Tonight

Green Witch

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:12 pm
Why do I pay attention to these contests? They always end like sex without orgasm.

Hope the Yankees are having a better climax.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:24 pm
They done good. 8-3 Yanks. Jeter passed Dimaggio on the hit list tonight.

Things worked out well.

I did like the end of the show.

That chunky little girl can sing pretty well.

And after seeing that Sgt. Peppers thing, I come to the conclusion that before this year, they really WERE all mediocre hacks. Actually, Jordin ain't no Gladys Knight either. But what the hell. It's pop music. That's what pop music is all about.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:28 am
JORDIN WINS
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007436572

After all good ones dropped out Rolling Eyes Finally!!! some good decision! [Smile]
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:02 am
Her first single will be called, "This is My Now"?

Are you kidding me?

Has the whole world gone retarded?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:03 am
yes....
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:24 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes....

But what's up with Idol peddling these watered-down, pseudo-inspirtational, graduation ceremony tunes?

Pretentious snob I've proven myself to be, I still can sort of respect a catchy pop-tune. ****, I like to dance. You'd think the Idol finale would be the perfect launching pad for the impending summer's dance anthem.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:30 am
Gargamel wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes....

But what's up with Idol peddling these watered-down, pseudo-inspirtational, graduation ceremony tunes?

Pretentious snob I've proven myself to be, I still can sort of respect a catchy pop-tune. ****, I like to dance. You'd think the Idol finale would be the perfect launching pad for the impending summer's dance anthem.

Well that particular tune was the winner of the song writing contest they were running on the side. Now some of you musicians can no doubt do a better one in your sleep, and could make a whole lot of money in the process. Heck, I'm not all that much of a musician, and I think I could write a better song than that. Keep your ear to the ground next year and maybe we'll get a good one.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:44 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes....

Well that particular tune was the winner of the song writing contest they were running on the side. Now some of you musicians can no doubt do a better one in your sleep, and could make a whole lot of money in the process. Heck, I'm not all that much of a musician, and I think I could write a better song than that. Keep your ear to the ground next year and maybe we'll get a good one.

"This is My Now," sounds like something I'd read on a Hallmark card. Almost as bad as "Flying Without Wings."

Hey that could be a fun game. Let's make up Idol song names.

Tomorrow is My Yesterday
A Dove Without a Sky
To Kiss An Angel
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:51 am
Gargamel wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes....

"This is My Now," sounds like something I'd read on a Hallmark card. Almost as bad as "Flying Without Wings."

Tomorrow is My Yesterday
A Dove Without a Sky
To Kiss An Angel

Hmmm. Well everything I've tried to write always turns out to be country or gospel. So here's my contributions:

"You ain't ugly to me"

"When it comes to love just fish or cut bait"

"Swimming with crawdads"

"Wake me up when the football game is over"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:02 am
I came up with a really nasty one but then the system wouldn't let me post it and I got some weird message that said only mods could edit in this forum..... probably just as well.... it was one of those nasty impulse posts I'd have probably regretted Laughing
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:37 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes....

Tomorrow is My Yesterday
A Dove Without a Sky
To Kiss An Angel

Hmmm. Well everything I've tried to write always turns out to be country or gospel. So here's my contributions:

"You ain't ugly to me"

"When it comes to love just fish or cut bait"

"Swimming with crawdads"

"Wake me up when the football game is over"

Those actually seem like they would be good songs.
0 Replies