American Idol New Season Tonight

Eva

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:28 pm
kickycan wrote:
I promise you Blake will be going this week. If I'm wrong, I'll yank out my own eyeballs with a pair of pliers and eat them.

STOP, KICKY!!! Don't do it! Put those pliers down!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:35 pm
Don't worry. I can't do it. Fortunately I made a vow last week to have my arms amputated if I couldn't eat a whole corndog in one bite.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:05 pm
kickycan wrote:
Well, that sucks. How could the most talented one lose? That makes the finale suck for me. Blake's annoying. Jordin's annoying. I don't give a damn who wins now.

You're f---ing kidding me. I was out drinking. You're saying Melinda went home?

America is that intent on supporting safe, diluted, milquetoast, Wal-Mart-tested and approved, "beatboxing," douche-tards like Blake the Fake?

I wanted that a-hole out months ago.

It's hilarious to me that he's the "dnagerous," "groundbreaking" one.

I guess Idol's definitions for those terms are that you must turn every song into a fuax-reggae Blondie-derivative white-Suburban-soccer-mom's-trip-to-Jamaica-style piece of ****.

Okay. That should about cover Blake.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:39 am
Melinda will follow in Chris Daughtry's footsteps and they will end up being the most successful of their respective seasons and certainly outshine over half the winners period.

But to see her voted off was realy f**ked up.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:56 am
Can't argue with that Bear. I'll be ordering Melinda's CD the minute it comes out. Blake? Probably not. I did think it would come down to Jordin and Melinda at the end and that's the way it should have gone but AI rarely goes the way it should have gone. But I'll pull for Jordin to win it now.

The final three or four, if they have talent and star appeal, do well regardless of who wins. Didn't Elliott look great last night? I've already ordered his CD.

Bucky Covington didn't make it into the final four last year, but his new single will go platinum and, if he isn't a one hit wonder, he's on his way. Kellie Pickler is doing okay too--she would have done better if she hadn't ditched her wholesome cutsey look in favor of the new glam persona that doesn't fit her nearly as well.

Chris Daughtry already has it made despite being No. 4 on AI--he has already hugely beat Kat and Taylor on album sales.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:45 am
squinney wrote:
Kicky - you won't be seeing the finale anyway if you keep your promise... Very Happy

Melinda gone? That really sucks. Big time!

Yeah, it quite surprised me, too. I guess her "fan base" wasn't as big as the others.

I suspect her age has a lot to do with it.

Someone like Jordin probably is more bankable.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:24 pm
Jordin will win. No question.

I know my last prediction was wrong, but I am so sure this one will be right that if it doesn't happen this way, I will slam a door on my own testicles repeatedly for one solid hour or until I pass out, whichever comes first.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:26 pm
kickycan wrote:
Don't worry. I can't do it. Fortunately I made a vow last week to have my arms amputated if I couldn't eat a whole corndog in one bite.

This is the gayest thing you have ever posted, but you probably didn't mean it that way/

Joe(Did he, Dr. Freud???)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:30 pm
Oh, come on! That's not gay! Don't make me come over there and slap your sexy little ass.

Kicky(sometimes a corndog is just a corndog)can
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:38 pm
I was just thinking about watching Jordin eat a corndog when it occurred to me that SHE IS SEVENTEEN and I am finally, and irrevocably, a sad, dirty minded old man.

Joe(pass the bananas)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:58 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I was just thinking about watching Jordin eat a corndog when it occurred to me that SHE IS SEVENTEEN and I am finally, and irrevocably, a sad, dirty minded old man.

Joe(pass the bananas)Nation

Don't worry about it. I have a feeling all of us turn into dirty old men eventually.

Kicky(I bet sanjaya could deepthroat a whole kielbasa)can
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:22 am
You guys are TERRIBLE!!! Laughing

(What do you want to bet that Jordin doesn't have to settle for dirty old men when she turns 18?)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:29 am
She's as big as a house now, and like it or not, fair or not, kind or not, the pop business is a beauty contest. Give her a few more years and her ass will have it's own zip code, and that is a stake through the heart of all but the most talented artists and she, while not bad, is not of that calibre.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:43 am
If she wins, or even if she doesn't, she'll have the time, money, and incentive to get the weight off if that is important to her. Jennifer Hudson was a big girl too when she was a contestant and look at her now. But you're right. Weight, height, and religion are still fair game for all kinds of discrimination I guess.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:51 am
Foxfyre wrote:
If she wins, or even if she doesn't, she'll have the time, money, and incentive to get the weight off if that is important to her. Jennifer Hudson was a big girl too when she was a contestant and look at her now. But you're right. Weight, height, and religion are still fair game for all kinds of discrimination I guess.

I don't think she can get petite in any case. I noticed the other night,and I'm not being mean... that her head is huge. She is just an amazon. She's very very pretty... she's just a big girl.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

I don't think she can get petite in any case. I noticed the other night,and I'm not being mean... that her head is huge. She is just an amazon. She's very very pretty... she's just a big girl.

I think she should cut off her right breast so that she can fire arrows more accurately.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:19 am
I think the planets are lined up for the three ladies of the show, Melinda, Jordin and LaKisha. This is a new era for the music business. No, really, it's a new era in which the promotion of albums will lessen and perhaps disappear, to be replaced by the promotion of single songs, (If I was a music producer I would be releasing a new song onto Itunes and Amazon the minute, the second, the mix was approved. CD's will become compilations of the ten best selling songs over a period of a year.)

Those three, hooked with the right producers and songwriters, could sell millions of tunes (at 99 cents each) without ever having to tour.

Video? Shoot. Push the videos right to those cellphones and make sure extended versions pop up on MTV and VH1 on a regular basis. Make sure there are ringtones made of every catchy three bar break and give them away.

Lakisha needs to find someone to write her some angry cheated-on hard baked woman field shout yelling songs.
Jordin should find more songs about heartbreak and innocence and loving someone to the end.
Melinda should stay creamy and dreamy and rock things out to the sky.

All the women will buy Lakisha's cuts.
All the men will thirst for Jordin.
Everybody will buy Melinda.

Joe(I have my Itunes page open now)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:22 am
in other words a return to the tin pan alley days....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:35 am
Everything old is new again.

Everyone has an uncle/aunt who used to play piano to sell one song sheet music. In the 30's and forties.

Singles on 45rpm (I know you've got a bunch of them up in the attic, don't you, Bear?) were how we bought music in the late 50's and early 60's, but then came albums (frigging Beatles and Elvis and Jagger) By the time I got out of high school in 1965, the 45 was dead, except for the ususal exceptions.

And I do remember James Brown and some others in the 60's coming out with singles. And at the radio station, one sides (promotion copies for air) arrived on a daily basis with the notes of what album listeners could find it on.

Now it will be even faster.

Joe(and there will be less live music than ever)Nation

NO?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 10:21 am
I liked Lakisha... she was an incredible singer
0 Replies