Pit bull kills 5-year-old girl.

TTH

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:35 pm
Thank you all for your view point on the issue. I do not blame the dogs for anything. Humans are the cause of the controversy. I just wonder how far we (as humans) are going to go.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:50 am
cjhsa wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Pit bulls should be eradicated. The dog should not exist.

I feel the same way about liberals. Laughing

The innermost essence of liberalism is cheating.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 12:12 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
caribou wrote:
"Maybe Hitler was right, and we should kill all the Jews."

This crap drives me crazy.
If anyone wants to actually educate themselves before forming an opinion, here's a great site. If you'd like more, just let me know.
http://www.pbrc.net/breedinfo.html

"bite to kill"
"but when they bite they cannot let go "
ignorance is not always bliss.

Maybe the word "cannot" was wrong. It should have been "will not".

I and two other men once, about ten years ago, had to hold on tight to a large male English Bull Terrier who had clamped onto the neck of a Labrador Retriever.
The EBT's owner had been trying to get him off for quite a while, shouting, punching it on the nose and trying to prize its jaws apart. The dog just remained firmly clamped, and every time he had a chance, he would move his mouth slightly to improve his grip.

A woman came across to us as she had heard the screaming and shouting. She was a vetinarary nurse who was aged about 50, and had been working with animals for years.
She said that she'd seen this several times before, and the only thing that she'd seen work was when something was inserted into the dog's rectum. It causes the dog to take its mind off the job long enough to release the grip for a split second.
The owner of the EBT pushed a small stick up its arse (I'm serious) as we all held on, ready to pull the thing off the Retriever.
The EBT immediately released its grip and went to turn on the owner, wherupon we pulled it away and held it off the ground.
The stick was removed and after what seemed an eternity, the owner managed to somehow calm the bloody thing down and get a lead (leash) on it.
The retriever remained lying down on the floor and was panting hard, and the vet nurse recommended that its owner covered it with a jacket and just stroked it until it recovered.
The EBT and owner got out of the park pretty quick, and eventually the retriever got up and seemed OK.

Speaking to the retriever's owner, the two dogs knew each other well and had played together many times. The trouble started when the EBT owner had offered them a biscuit each, and had given the first one to the retriever. Simple as that.

Yes, once they clamp on.....they WILL not let go, unless THEY want to.

There IS the option of shooting the offender.
THAT shud get his attention.
0 Replies